• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon AP/Durability upgrade (All Tier 7s)

Just saying, for the move Earthquake to be able to damage something it would have to be at least a magnitude 6, and then there's the issue of Magnitude itself which can go up to magnitude 10...just throwing that out there

And Delibird has a 6-C feat from the manga, but we should don't should not mix continuities, except if the pokedex states a certain feat.

^ Yeah, but that still goes to show that these levels of feats aren't oddities throughout the franchise and that the claim that "Most Pokémon are only written as Wall level" is complely false.

The "if they were City level, then the cities would be destroyed if they fight" argument can also be used to downgrade the vast majority of the characters on this wiki and it would be very hypocritical of us to accept that logic here. Not every 7-B character has to be constantly portrayed as a nuclear warhead that treats buildings like legos.

EDIT: Going by what I've said earlier, while the door for "author's intent" swings both ways, Tyrannitar's 7-A statement isn't too outlandish compared to the 7-C to 7-B feats displayed by some of the stronger, fully-evolved Pokemon.

About Tyranitar... To be honest is there anything that contradicts this statement in the games ? For one , It is a Psuedo-Legendary, so it's one of the most powerful normal pokemon you can encounter. You only encounter an Psuedo-Legendary close to the end of your journey, so at least that's consistent.

Apparently the argument is that anime Tyranitar don't do that, but then again the argument is that we don't scale across multiple continuities of pokemon.

Tyranitar's feat wouldn't at all be inconsistent or impossible, though, given that he himself has a 7-B feat.

@Matt and Seed

I'm aware of that, and I thought about it right when I finished writing my comment, so I revised it to add this:

Going by what I've said earlier, while the door for "author's intent" swings both ways, Tyrannitar's 7-A statement isn't too outlandish compared to the 7-C to 7-B feats displayed by some of the stronger, fully-evolved Pokemon.

Are you simply agreeing with this so you can get tier 6 Mega-Tyranitar?

Oh, sorry, i am a little late to this That "I'm ok with this" i intended more as a joke than anything, i was just trying to ask wether or not this upgrade would actually upgrade things like Tyranitar-Mega to 6-C

Should of phrased better, sorry

Just an FYI, while the PMD statement doesn't contradict anything and seems to fit in fine among the other Tier 7 feats, I'm pretty sure that was said by a Lombre/Bellsprout, I forget which, fanboying about the Charizard in team ACT, so they might not be the most reliable source of information.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Instantly melt them or with time ? To me ( And I'm not the best at tiering, so feel free to correct me ) that seems 7-B if it was with time, 7-A if instantaneous.
I actually recall that the timeframe was not specified.

I'll make the calc right now.

Well, the timeframe should logically be very be small. It's completely laughable to imagine Charizard with his mouth opened for 10 minutes straight firing his flamethrower.

Also, Pokemon Stadium's Pokedex says Charizard can melt glaciers that weigh 10,000 tons. I got 723 Tons of TNT for that.

Still trying to figure out a way to get the radius of the mountain, assuming it's a cone.

Well, yes and no. It can still go on, but it won't be added. Just like how there's some 7-B Digimon that are becoming High 7-A as well, and they don't have opposition, but for the matches involving them, we debate just for the sake of it. Same with the Narutoverse. They have an inevitable revision coming, and we're currently using them.

Same. I really hope this doesn't die out, but even more so, I hope that water can be put under the bridge.

I don't know.

But RadicalMrR suggested that I just use the volume of Mt. Fuji instead of calcing up my own hypothetical value for a mountain, which downgraded the result to 7-A+ instead of High 7-A+. Not that big of a difference really (about 3.1 Gigatons), so it should still support the High 7-A+ upgrade in consistency.

I'm not sure about Magnitude, though. High 6-B Diglett probably isn't going to be a thing again any time soon.

Is AN okay with this now? I want to update the OP. And is Weekly fine with this? Don't want to assume.

Back