• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Abomasnow's Storm downgrade

So you agree with Cal for no reason? You don't have a reason to agree with with Cal? You confuse me Kukui. ovo

Dragon, they're saying they agree with Cal because they think the same way Cal does. If they were to justify it would be redundant with what Cal has said so far. That's actually an easy thing.

Don't get me wrong

If this was like, a VS thread, Dragon would be absolutely right as thats a diff story.

However, in threads like this, this is more "I agree or I disagree" because they believe whichever side is the one that is correct. Unless they expand more by adding more to the point, im just a bit confused why in this type of discussion reasoning is needed.

Also, Kukui is always confusing ovo. Matter of fact, someone still needs to make a page for him :(

Jumping in. I agree with Cal on this. I'm not a Pokemon expert by any means, don't get me wrong. But he literall states the storm is made in a single direction- which does seem to be the case. His other points also hold up relatively well (just not gonna post a wall, so I gave an example). Dunno how the scaling should go, just saying the calc itself doesn't seem as flawed as the suggestions make it seem.

You're before what tho

I contacted Lina and Iwandesu over the OBD. Both agree with only half of the diameter being usable for a storm calc. Chaos hasn't replied yet, but I hardly expect him to dissent over the others.

People have failed to post any source whatsoever for the 80km value and still expect it to be accepted...

What is this stuff about the storm being omnidirectional that I never said?

the radius of the storm would be halfed only if abomasnow was halfway from the city and the mountain, which he wasn't

Yet people continually argue it over and over again. Huh.

Anyway:

• V = 24000*15000*2000 = 720000000000
  • M = 722160000000kg
24000m / 5s = 4800m/s (best case scenario)

• 0.5*722160000000*4800^2 = 2 gigatons of TNT, or Large Mountain level+.
Even with the highest assumptions, this feat isn't getting anywhere near High 6-C, let alone High 6-C+.

So the 'Mons need to be rescaled back to the consistent 6-C feats, like the Giant Kyogre destruction, Alakazam's feat, the earthquake and Delibird's feat.

Weird, I thought that you simply had to be in an upper half of the tier to have a "+", and 2,65 is in an upper half as well.

The average is used to determine the two halves. 2,65 gigatons is 1,65 gigatons above baseline High 7-A and 1,65 gigatons below baseline 6-C

Using a map where buildings are island sized to scale and there is no distance between towns that are separated by days worth of walking in the canon is an absolute no-no.

You're basically saying Frost Cavern and Dendemille Town are separated by South Dakota + Rhode Island's worth of distance, which is ridiculous via common sense and contradicts your own "Lumiose is 10km" argument.

Pretty sure that 260 km would make that Abomaswon > Lugia feat wise, so idk how consistent it'd be

@Cal

Sorry for being blunt, but have you realized that none of your arguments are even self consistent?

First, you use a scan that makes Kalos the size of Australia. Then you argue with it being France sized. Then you argue assuming Lumiose = Paris. Then you argue assuming Frost Cavern and Dendemille Town are 270km apart.

Every post retcons the previous one's PoV.

Overlord775 said:
The real cal howard said:
I'm currently in church, so I'll respond afterwards.
Pray Arceus you can shut down the downgrades ovo
I love how this wiki kinda has a "respect religion but troll some of its elements anyways" atmosphere. Probably because people here kinda see religion as another source of powerscalable material they can't really classify without risking offending somebody but can use it as a base to powerscale other stuff.

Like how fiction kinda does it (can't exactly try to directly trashtalk religion without offending people or praise it without losing some entertainment value if it becomes proselitist but can extract material from everywhere, twist some stuff and use it).

• ahem*
So, there's a chance Pokémon gets downgraded back into 6-C and Cal is still opposing it?

Back