• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Abomasnow's Storm downgrade

I would say lower, considering the visibility of mountain ranges that only elevate for 2500m in real life France.

Wideshot 1

• Mountain = 5px (mispelt it as 6) = ~2500m
  • Island = 26px = 13km
Wideshot 2

• Island = 39px = 13km
  • Kalos n-s = 676px = 225 kilometers.
The highest mountain in Western France is about 4800m tall.

• 5px = 4800m
  • 26px = 24960m.
Let's round that to 25km.

• 39px = 25km
  • 676px = 433 kilometers.
We need the biggest high ends to even get your own wideshot close to half of France like I proposed. So yeah, literally "extremely" 480km.

And you're not scaling to the curvature because..? Lol even in the original calc everyone agrees that the space angle proves Kalos is gigantic.

Also, keep in mind that I already admitted I was wrong about 79km being the size of Dendemville Town, but it being the size + the distance from Frost Cavern to the town.

Considering the literal largest mountain in France used with the smallest mountain visible in the Kalos wideshot still has Kalos below 500km, that is more like evidence of the exact opposite regarding the Earth.

Even putting that aside for now, what does this have to do with the distance from Frost Cavern to the ends of the town being 80 km? Aside from the town being 12 km in length (which frankly, sounds correct tbh), nothing aside from arguments of incredulity disprove the size of the storm.

Arguments of "scans?", considering the 79540m is just quoted and is not sourced absolutely anywhere and is contradicted by nearly all existing shots of Kalos.

Funny thing is, using 492 km as the size for Kalos, the distance between Frost Cavern and windmill town's end is approximately 1/6 of the pixels you measured.

Also, that shot you posted above of Kalos from low orbit would make it 2600 kilometers from North to South. Which is bigger than Australia from north to south.

Which means the smallest mountain..this mountain would be literally 30 kilometers in height, with the largest ones visible in this shot being more than 50 kilometers.

The Earth and outer space are separated by 100 kilometers. These mountains would literally be so tall they would reach halfway into the Karman line. This is what they'd look like if they existed.

Not only that, but now all cities that are portrayed as a few kilometers are giants of nearly a hundred kilometers, with Lumiose City, the city that is consistently not even 34km across being nearly 200km long. Random civilians living in the other side would take 10 hours to walk to their destinations, with the average guy taking 5 hours to walk to their jobs. Cars going at the maximum allowed speed would take over one hour to travel the city's radius.

It is absolutely a non argument and non usable.

Also, scratch what I said about hours and add days. The average journey in a day is 40 kilometers, so the average guy will take over 4 days to walk to his job on Lumiose City.

Sounds excellent. Consistent with the many shots that prove it's not even 30km. Oh wait...

Kepekley23 said:
Also, scratch what I said about hours and add days. The average journey in a day is 40 kilometers, so the average guy will take over two days to walk to his job on Lumiose City.

Sounds excellent. Consistent with the many shots that prove it's not even 30km. Oh wait...
>Many shots

>Only provides one

And these mountains are not even in the actual horizon line in the third shot. They're obscuring it. And that makes it even more consistent because that's the highest wideshot, showing the city from 200m up.

There. Was that so hard?

You also keep using the anime when everything we're doing involving this has to do with the games. Once again, last resort, and given that we're certain that Lumiose = Paris, not needed. And this still has nothing to do with the size of the storm, as I already admitted that the 80 kilometers isn't the town, but the sum total of the distance. At this point, you're sounding like me during the Toneri meteor speed thread.

Look, we're both getting heated at each other. Let's take a moment to calm down.

Alright, I'll concede to you there. So I give you three things:

• Size of Lumiose
  • Size of Dendemille
  • Size of Kalos
Still doesn't disprove the size of the storm.

> Still doesn't disprove the size of the storm.

The size of the storm is 100% unsourced and is just quoted at random by the OBD calculator, who doesn't provide anything to back it up. The blog that he linked was even deleted, suggesting it's outdated.

On the other hand, the official map, both Rotomdex and original map, outright prove that the distance between Frost Cavern (the pinpointed location in red) and Dandemille is 14px, while Dandemille itself is bout 6px.

Using the 12km size means the storm is 27km wide at best, lower if you assume Lumiose = Paris.

Rotomdex doesn't exist in X and Y, bud.

Don't use the in game map. That's quite literally the worst map you can use. Every town sans Lumiose is the same size, and they outsize islands. In game map isn't even the official map.

Lol, it's because there was this thing a while back where people got to make Rotomdex maps for Kanto, Hoenn and other previous gens. Got that mixed up.

The in game map is still without a doubt more accurate to scale distances than this map, where buildings are the size of islands. At least the in game map portrays the coded distances between each main location accurately.

You used that scan more often than I did, man.

Also, not...really, man. Kinda why my Defog calc wasn't on any pages. Things like the distance between Twinleaf and Sandgem being the size of Jubilife, while the offficial art, which has loads of more effort put into them, doesn't. Funny enough, I'd probably say that the in-game art for Kalos is less detailed than that of some previous generations.

The in game map does portray the overall distance between each location accurately, at least the one that was coded in game. In the previous generations, for example, I remember the protagonist's head appearing over the route to signify where we are.

It can't be denied that this is the most accurate lead we have, even if not 100%

You wanna let everyone else decide at this point? We put all our cards on the table and by this point, I'm just tired.

I personally agree with everyone right here. Everything given by the OBD should be recalced right there. Likely it will get nerfed down to a mere High 6-C without a plus. No more soloing All Might for you, Charizard.

@Cal

No matter what the 100% baseless 80km value has to go, at least. Whatever replaces it.

I'm currently talking to Iwan, Chaos and Lina over the OBD to get their opinions on the 1st issue.

Overlord775 said:
Mand21 said:
No more soloing All Might for you, Charizard.
Charizard is thousand of times faster than All Might, he still solos your puny verse ovo
Not if I make Gilgamesh use SBA Manipulation to speed equalize them. OwO

And why not be a Chad and agree to all debaters in the thread, fambase?

So I see a lot of people saying "I agree with Cal" with no reason exactly explaining why...

Pretty sure the fact that it's this specific person that they're agreeing with is enough reason by itself ovo

Back