• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad someone came through and said something before I did.

Po only uses his hax but so much. And like Dargoo says, Po's thundering clap which does have some range, has its effects countered by Aang's seismic sense. Also, I wouldn't say that Po is more skilled in H2H. Fodder in avatar tend to be incredibly good at H2H, and Aang learned and mastered the four elements in the time in far less than the time it takes to become proficient at one. I honestly think that Aang is the better H2H combatant here. Plus, he has much more experience than Po as well.

Aang's bending will make it practically impossible for Po to get close. Air blasts to keep him off his back, earth to trap him and damage him as well as throw him off balance, water to trip him up and continuously attack him from all sides, and fire for just general damage and sealing off of options.

Yeah at this point I'm pretty sure all of Po's reason's have been debunked so unless someone comes in here with new arguments for Po I may have to discount all of his votes. Also, was that a vote Lit?

IDK about invalidating the old votes but the blinding reasoning is explicitly wrong.

Well most of the vote were based on Po getting into Melee range and using BFR and other stuff which as you pointed out is unlikely. But like I said, I won't until someone comes in with a new argument.

Aang never fights up close and has WAY higher mobility and agility. Skill wise they're probably equal (Aang is a monk that's had an upbringing in martial arts and throughout the series has been taught by very skilled teachers).

Range and versatility probably go to Aang as well.

Po: 6 (Gyro, Insecurity, Drago, Ivory, Drite, Anonymous)

Aang: 3 (Dargoo, Nico, Litentric)

Po: 6 (Gyro, Insecurity, Drago, Ivory, Drite, Anonymous)

Aang: 4 (Dargoo, Nico, Litentric, Grimm)

@Grimm Ey!

Essentially...

Po only needs one hit to defeat Aang. And Po having things like resistance to blunt force trauma, and the thundering clap makes his job easier.

Aang plays keep away at the time with bending, and is incredibly unlikely to get hit due to his superior range, and versatility of techniques.

Skill isn't an argument that will be won in favour of Aang. At least, not in terms of H2H. Po has been taught by the greatest kung-fu teacher in all of China (bar Oogway), and is now comparable in kung fu skills to the Furious Five, like Tigress who has trained for well over 20 years and is a prodigy in her own right.

Fair enough about the seismic sense thing (Aang should probably have enhanced senses)

Po's scaling chain, especially for his durability, should be enough to almost completely invalidate Aang's versatility. This is Po after the entirety of Legends of Awesomeness and two movies, and considering how his accelerated development took him from 9-B fodder to Tai Lung level in less than a month (being generous), the scaling chain's gonna be pretty large.

Po has his own attack reflection, which with inner peace should be able to reflect any projectile-esque attacks sent by Aang.

Again, the whole 'one hit and he dead' thing really screws over Aang if Po gets close, especially since Aang completely relies on his range and versatility (even then his range isn't that great). Even without his hax, I say Po's sheer durability, skill, attack reflection and Aang being a glass cannon puts this in Po's favour.

To argue that Po is that much more skilled than Aang really shows that you haven't seen Avatar The Last Airbender

Hasn't Po's attack reflection only been used on cannonballs? And he had to swirl it around himself just to send it back. He's not going to be able to reflect multiple elements coming at him at once.

Plus, Aang can do things like sweep Po up into a minature tornado, burn his with flames, spread ice at his feet such that he can't fight properly, trap him in earth or the ground itself. I mean, Aang has a lot of versatility going for him. All Po has to do is get in, fair enough. But it's going to be incredibly difficult to do so, and Aang has a major mobility advantage as well.

In terms of skill, I'd say they're even if anything. Unlike in Kung Fu Panda, fodder tier characters in avatar are masters at martial arts, as that's what's required to be a bender or take one on. Lump this in with the fact that Aang mastered three other elements over the course of a few months, and defeated multiple people with far more experience than him, and you have someone who can easily stand toe to toe with Po. I think many forget that to bend you must be a master, which makes anyone whom can make any group of benders look like fodder exceptional (or maybe just smart) in comparison. And Aang does this casually throughout the entire series.

@Nico Instead of attacking me for what I may or may not have seen, present examples for your argument please.

So it's

Po: 7 (Gyro, Insecurity, Drago, Ivory, Drite, Anonymous, Jackythejack)

Aang: 5 (Dargoo, Nico, Litentric, Grimm, Dziga)

Well clearly I was right seeing by your response and no I wasn't attacking just saying that you're downplaying Aang's skill hard. I would say they are roughly equal in skill.

Not to mention that a few dozen meters in range for as it says for Aang's profile isn't true at all.

I'll give you a more in depth explaination for skill later

@Litentric Yeah, but it should apply to all projectiles, especially since he has non-physical interaction to block/reflect/redirect air blasts potentially.

That versatility is cool and all, but how effective is it against someone with a pretty big advantage in AP and durability? Po's fought on ice before btw, and is surprisingly agile. He even impressed Shifu with his agility (not saying he's superior to Aang, but it'll help against Aang's attacks).

Someone who has mastered a martial art is nowhere near comparable to a prodigy with 20 years of experience, or someone like Tai Lung who mastered 1000 scrolls of kung-fu among other arduous training since he was a cub. Just because someone is said to have 'mastered' a martial art does not mean that they are on the level of other masters from other series. Plus, Po's style is unconventional compared to typical martial artists, which could catch Aang off-guard. How much H2H training has Aang actually had anyways?

Dziga said:
So it's
Po: 7 (Gyro, Insecurity, Drago, Ivory, Drite, Anonymous, Jackythejack)

Aang: 5 (Dargoo, Nico, Litentric, Grimm, Dziga)
So... inconclusive.

why do I feel a weird sense of deja vu?

Nico-v11 said:
I wasn't attacking just saying that you're downplaying Aang's skill hard. I would say they are roughly equal in skill.
Not to mention that a few dozen meters in range for as it says for Aang's profile isn't true at all.
Never said that Po was immensely more skilled than Aang, I said he's superior in H2H.

Make a CRT then.

Aang's entire fighting style while using bending relies on H2H martial arts. Whenever he is manipulating (bending) elements he is punching, blocking, or acting out positions of martial arts. He is an expert at it. That's the whole point. He's had teachers that are great spirits as well.

Again I'll compile my argument later

@Gyro

Yeah, what Nico is saying is what I'm saying. To be able to bend you must have some degree of mastery at H2H. As using an art is to fight open hand. So all benders are skilled at H2H by default.

I mean, I'd argue that not being able to get more than 20 meters close to the opponent because of said versatility, is a pretty large advantage. At most, Po can reflect shards of earth, as that's the most he's shown. Anything else is speculation and shouldn't be used since his attack reflection has actual feats.

Fighting on ice is different from trying to make your way through a bombardment of earth and fire from multiple directions while on said ice. Not to mention that the ice can shift due to either earth or water bending.

Also, mastering 1000 scrolls of Kung-Fu is, honestly, pretty vague. Each scroll could've had a single move, an entire form, some stances. That's not really much of a feat without specifics. Though being only 12 years of age, and coming out to defeat multiple master firebenders within maybe days of being trapped for 100 years, is arguably much more impressive.

I also think you're really underselling the amount of time or skill required to truly master an art. You say that Po and Tai Lung have gone through arduous training, but all of that was for one art form? Was it not? Whereas Aang has mastered three over the course of a few months, and had to fight various other enemies, and allies at times, in between. People like Zuko, Jet, Azula, Toph, and some others that I'm sure I'm missing. While also dealing with various mental stresses and even anxiety. Yet he was able to achieve mastery in spite of it all. That's pretty impressive, and it honestly makes Aang a prodigy in it of itself.

Besides, what is Po going to actually do to close the distance? Shrug off a continuous stream of attacks comparable to him? Doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back