• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plot vs Law

I think Plot Manipulation can give Law Manipulation.

So Plot Manipulation.

Depends

Law manipulation can vary from making swearing impossible to making concepts imossible

Plot manipulation can vary from showing things to the player/watcher to drawing universes into existence

so if someone can transcended themselves to any kind of laws such as physic ,would it's count as Law Manipulation ?

No, being beyond laws does not make you decide the laws

Accasuality does not give time manipulation, for exemple

wouldn't plot manipulation with authors Authority like featherine has be stronger than law manipulation, as it is a narrative version of omnipotence

Depends on degree. Author level Plot Manip. is obviously superior but if it's anything less so, I could argue that if the law Manip. is on a meta level then you can literally make it law that your Plot Manipulation will never work, period.

Akreious said:
Depends on degree. Author level Plot Manip. is obviously superior but if it's anything less so, I could argue that if the law Manip. is on a meta level then you can literally make it law that your Plot Manipulation will never work, period.
it can go the other way too, with plot manip you can create a story where the concept of law manipulation doesn't exist.

and with author's authority you are above the law, making law manip useless. and you cant attack the narrator if the narrator never wrote that part in the story to begin with.

since this is a VS thread you have to take in consideration of all the variants of the two powers. and that makes it a stomp for plot manip because of authors Authority being a narrative version of omnipotence, and the strongest version of plot manipulation.

Well Authors Authority basically makes someone tier High 1-A or 0 if they're really that high which would make most matches an auto-stomp. I doubt most characters have that tho.

Back