• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

plot manip is an NLF

character A has plot manip and is fighting character B who is a type 1 concept. However, Character A has no feats of interacting with type 1 concepts but does have information manip type 2
can character A interact with character B?

i accidentally put this in content revision

She is affecting the metaphyisical narrative aspect, I understand than that may not work with Data type 2, but with plot manip? Plot and concepts work to differently, there is kinda no overlap

character A has plot manip and is fighting character B who is a type 1 concept. However, Character A has no feats of interacting with type 1 concepts but does have information manip type 2
can character A interact with character B?

i accidentally put this in content revision
There is no default order to metaphysical aspects, meaning that if we have no additional information from the fiction a power comes from, we can not decide whether or not the ability to manipulate one aspect would be able to influence, overcome or be affected by another. For example, per default plot manipulation would not be able to manipulate concepts, but concept erasure can't necessarily be used to erase the plot either. In a vs-debate a clash between such powers may have an indeterminate outcome, unless at least one of the fictions involved clarifies how the interaction between the metaphysical aspects works.

You know I was referring that Her (Arale) is attacking the meta narrative aspect of her (Swan), without touching her concept, right?

The answer is here.

Your hax plot cannot affect by default a type 1 conceptual or type 2 information being. Unless on the back of the guy who has a hax plot a hierarchy of fundamental aspects is established and the plot is > concept.

The answer is here.

Your hax plot cannot affect by default a type 1 conceptual or type 2 information being. Unless on the back of the guy who has a hax plot a hierarchy of fundamental aspects is established and the plot is > concept.
I’m talking about the person with the plot Manip using their information type 2 to interact with the type 1 conceptual being
Because people are making the argument that people with plot hax can interact with their information if they can’t touch concept

To be fair, Arale plot is archetypal because it comes from suprassing the literal writting

The answer is here.

They aren't touching the concepts btw, Her Abstract existence shouldn't protect her from a totally different metaphysical aspect

I was summoned to answer this question so I will.

As established in the metaphysical aspects page itself. Concept, Info 2 and Plot are all by default equivalent to each other and none are by default greater than the other nor can interact with the other.

Plot Manipulation CANT allow you to interact with, affect nor manipulate concepts
And Concept Manipulation equally CANT allow you to interact with, affect nor manipulate the plot.

Even if there was feats such as: Plot Manipulation can interact with Information Type 2 or Plot Manipulation is superior to Information Type 2. That right there has NO bearings on Concept Manipulation and the same logic goes vice Versa for Concept Manipulation as well.

The only time the rule of default is broken is if either:
1. The Metaphysical Aspect Hax has feats or context in VERSE that deems it capable of interacting with or being superior to another Metaphysical Aspect Hax
2. The Metaphysical Aspect Hax being used operates on a higher dimensional Level than the opposing Metaphysical Aspect Being/Hax

Outside of that
The rule of thumb as been provided so do your best to follow it.

Back