• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plot Hax vs. Dimensional Hax

Yomi_Schwarz

She/Her
So a random scenario,

So assume a scenario wherein Character "A" is someone who basically has the best higher dimensional hax in the wiki vs. Character "B" who basically has the most meta plot hax in the wiki. Who would win?

Basically what i'm wondering is, What generally takes precedence over the other? A hax that is beyond dimensional or a plot hax that is incredibly meta (author type stuff). Random brain fart so idk if I even made sense lmao.

hides

Neither. Plot-hax is bound by its showings, limitations and feats as much as any other hax on this site. I really wish the belief that it holds any inherent potency over other abilities would be put to rest.

Neither. Plot-hax is bound by its showings, limitations and feats as much as any other hax on this site. I really wish the belief that it holds any inherent potency over other abilities would be put to rest.
Even at such a meta level of author boundaries?

Even at such a meta level of author boundaries?
That means absolutely nothing. Any "author interference" will always remain just a fictional construct of that author and as such, still be bound by what showings and statements there are in the setting.

That means absolutely nothing. Any "author interference" will always remain just a fictional construct of that author and as such, still be bound by what showings and statements there are in the setting.
I see.

So generally speaking, a hax that is beyond the confines of a dimensional and mathematical scale will be better than a hax that toys with fiction? (Im solely talking of abilities independent of a user)

No, it won't. Because again, nothing stops the plot-hax from being more potent than the other ability. Taken purely as they are, no hax is inherently better than another.

No, it won't. Because again, nothing stops the plot-hax from being more potent than the other ability. Taken purely as they are, no hax is inherently better than another.
But like, let's assume they are at their highest potency? like the best they can be purely by itself.

Will one take precedence over the other? Or will the scenario still be the same?

Back