• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plants vs. Zombies Discussion Thread: It's About Time! 🌱🧟‍♂️

Big monkey vs Big zombie.

I jusrlt remenberd one thig...

PvZ 1, gargantuars can use regular zombies as weapons... meaning that regular browcoat scales in dura to a garg attack in pvz 1 at least

I belive that plants are glass cannons and zombies are stone walls

I jusrlt remenberd one thig...

PvZ 1, gargantuars can use regular zombies as weapons... meaning that regular browcoat scales in dura to a garg attack in pvz 1 at least

I belive that plants are glass cannons and zombies are stone walls
This could just be game mechanics as we see in the comics the durability of the zombies is inconsistent when in comparison to the games

Yeah, Gargantuars can tank attacks from inst-kill plants with these Inst-Kill plants being able to One-shot multiple zombies at the same time, scale normal Zombies to Gargantuars in any way is incorrect to me

Gargantuars using regular zombies as weapons is canon, but it's a silly easter egg rather than an accurate testament of the durability of zombies, given that Gargantuars are clearly portrayed as stronger in all other circumstances. It should go without telling that a regular zombie isn't a good replacement for a utility pole. I think that's the joke. Gargantuars are powerful and they get away with using whatever kind of blunt weapon they can find, even if certain weapons would realistically nerf them.

congrats people, building level pvz1, exxtra congrats for Ed as they are the one doing the edits and the one who made the explanation blog

I made a scaredy shroom profile, I mainly wanna complete the profiles for pvz1
Good luck with that, can't wait for lilly pad and flower pot profiles

Also, You forgot to put Garden warfare series and PvZ heroes keys for potato mine(they are there after all and in GWF they can one shot heroes) that's a problem with other plants too... but whatever

Good luck with that, can't wait for lilly pad and flower pot profiles
Do they have anything of note? Like I guess Lily can duplicate but flower pot has nothing to bring iicr
Also, You forgot to put Garden warfare series and PvZ heroes keys for potato mine(they are there after all and in GWF they can one shot heroes) that's a problem with other plants too... but whatever
I didn't make the profiles for those, if you wanna make GW or heroes keys for those characters then go ahead

Do they have anything of note? Like I guess Lily can duplicate but flower pot has nothing to bring iicr
Lily turns into catail so if catail get's a profile Lily get's one as well as the first key

and Flower Pot can hold tall nut's over It self and as seen on multiple 3D trailers, plants planted on thouse can "hop" around so Flower Pot gives plants bellow averge human mobility :V
I didn't make the profiles for those, if you wanna make GW or heroes keys for those characters then go ahead
Oh, sorry, trough You hade made them...

sooooo.... who wanna talk about folder plants and zombies in PvZ heroes and GwF and how they scale to the "Main characters"?

Like, do we scale a planted potted Peashooter on garden warfare to the actual Peashooter in the same game? we scale the regular peashooter in Heroes to the heroes them selfs sinse It can do 1 damage to the heroes? idk

Lily turns into catail so if catail get's a profile Lily get's one as well as the first key
Ohhh alright then sure
and Flower Pot can hold tall nut's over It self and as seen on multiple 3D trailers, plants planted on thouse can "hop" around so Flower Pot gives plants bellow averge human mobility :V
Lifting Strength could be good for them since they can hold normal/primal armored Wall-nut and Tall-nuts

Lifting Strength could be good for them since they can hold normal/primal armored Wall-nut and Ta
I don't htink we ever seen them holding armored nut's in non chinise games.... I mean, we tecnically only saw Plant pot's(character) in PvZ1 and all other games It was never stated to be a alive plant pot... but idk

sooooo.... who wanna talk about folder plants and zombies in PvZ heroes and GwF and how they scale to the "Main characters"?

Like, do we scale a planted potted Peashooter on garden warfare to the actual Peashooter in the same game? we scale the regular peashooter in Heroes to the heroes them selfs sinse It can do 1 damage to the heroes? idk
Yea they should scale to them but they should have some differences to qualify for a heroes/GW key. For example PVZH sunflower has nothing differentiating her from PvZ1-2 sunflower except just scaling so she shouldn't have one, however it is justifiable for PVZH Snap Dragon as he has wings passively whereas his PvZ2 self doesn't.

They should have an "at most" rating tho

the pots hold all the plants wdym?
They aren't there to hold the plants in pvz2... and there isn't a moment we see a plantfooded nut above one as far as I'm aware

Yea they should scale to them but they should have some differences to qualify for a heroes/GW key. For example PVZH sunflower has nothing differentiating her from PvZ1-2 sunflower except just scaling so she shouldn't have one, however it is justifiable for PVZH Snap Dragon as he has wings passively whereas his PvZ2 self doesn't.

They should have an "at most" rating tho
.... we are talking about tier 6 regular peashooter here? Or I'm going crazy? trough... heroes attacking each other with their best attacks do around that much damage to one another, solar flare for exemple only does 2 damage with her super... so a peashooter doing 1 damage to a heroe would still be quite a feat.... but maybe all of that is game mechanics?

Let's look small, a regular ass Peashooter, they are present in both PvZ heroes and PvZ GW(in the form of pea cannon platabke plant) in their most basic form, in Heroes It is a 1/1 card with no powers, in GwF It's a plantable plant who shoots a big pea at close zombies, looking the wiki thouse cannon peas also do 20 points of damage per shoot what is actually a good chunk of damage for a game where the character have around 150 health...

And now let's look at the buggest outlier... potato mine

In PvZH potato mine does 2 damage to any card umpun death while in GW cactus can summon potato mines that one shoot most zombies that step on It

Huuumm....

After some consideration, yes, they should downscale scale to the heroes, peashooters do a actuall considerable amount of damage on PvZGW and the amount of hits to kill a hero in PvZH isn't that diferent

Potato mine in GW is probable the most correct representation considering in PvZHeroes they can't even kill a zombie like a cone head even trough they would be in the "instant kill" plants category

My proposal:
PvZH cards status and damage in gameplay is 100% game mechanics and as show in GW they can be a considerable threat to the oponents even trough they are considerable weaker then them, basically, a pea cannon from GW is a tier 6 character even trough they don't look like so

This would also apply to "mobile summonables" from GW

Kinda funny that we will have tier 6 scared shroom

And that Weenie Beanie is a tier 6 too

They aren't there to hold the plants in pvz2... and there isn't a moment we see a plantfooded nut above one as far as I'm aware
Ohhh now I get it, still tho that applies to Lily pad.
.... we are talking about tier 6 regular peashooter here? Or I'm going crazy? trough... heroes attacking each other with their best attacks do around that much damage to one another, solar flare for exemple only does 2 damage with her super... so a peashooter doing 1 damage to a heroe would still be quite a feat.... but maybe all of that is game mechanics?

Let's look small, a regular ass Peashooter, they are present in both PvZ heroes and PvZ GW(in the form of pea cannon platabke plant) in their most basic form, in Heroes It is a 1/1 card with no powers, in GwF It's a plantable plant who shoots a big pea at close zombies, looking the wiki thouse cannon peas also do 20 points of damage per shoot what is actually a good chunk of damage for a game where the character have around 150 health...

And now let's look at the buggest outlier... potato mine

In PvZH potato mine does 2 damage to any card umpun death while in GW cactus can summon potato mines that one shoot most zombies that step on It

Huuumm....

After some consideration, yes, they should downscale scale to the heroes, peashooters do a actuall considerable amount of damage on PvZGW and the amount of hits to kill a hero in PvZH isn't that diferent

Potato mine in GW is probable the most correct representation considering in PvZHeroes they can't even kill a zombie like a cone head even trough they would be in the "instant kill" plants category

My proposal:
PvZH cards status and damage in gameplay is 100% game mechanics and as show in GW they can be a considerable threat to the oponents even trough they are considerable weaker then them, basically, a pea cannon from GW is a tier 6 character even trough they don't look like so

This would also apply to "mobile summonables" from GW

Kinda funny that we will have tier 6 scared shroom

And that Weenie Beanie is a tier 6 too
I think you're looking too much into the gameplay side of things, the main front and center purpose of the spawnable plants in PvZH and the GW games is that they help you harm and take down you opponent, it's a crucial part of PvZH too. Kernal Corn and Deadbeard are also spawnable characters in PvZH and we definitely know that they're comparable to the heroes. Gameplay doesn't need to be 100% consistent, we've already discussed before the inconsistencies that come with doing so like Browncoat Zombie getting one shot by Melon-pult in the comics yet he can tank more attacks from them in-game

Spawnable plants can harm zombies, so they should receive the 6-C rating

Btw, they are presented as naturally weaker than Playable plants, so i agree with an "At most Country level"

I know this question is stupid, but i only saw so parts of discussion, so:

Which profile will you edit and what type of edit will you do?
The profiles:
What I will do is just change their AP, Striking/Lifting Strength (if they have) and Durability to "At most 6-B" for their Heroes keys. This won't apply to their speed since they're already faster than PvZ2 characters

The profiles:
What I will do is just change their AP, Striking/Lifting Strength (if they have) and Durability to "At most 6-B" for their Heroes keys. This won't apply to their speed since they're already faster than PvZ2 characters
I don´t think you need a CRT for that

Back