• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planet Level Storm (Ororo Munroe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here using her power it is used to repair the Earth's magentic field that has been damaged.

Unnamed

Here she is able to hurt hulk several times. Keep in mind she never took him out but she was able to harm him.

Unnamed-1

Here is Storm being able to stalemate Phoenix Emma Frost for the time being

Unnamed-2

Here is she able to destory Phoenix Jean Grey shield.

Unnamed-3

Here she is able to harm a Robot made from shield that has Red Hulk and Vision powers

Unnamed-4

Here she was able to stun Juggernaut and buy some time.

Unnamed-5

Here she almost kills Magneto before she was stopped by him in time.

Unnamed-6

Unnamed-7

Here she was able to defend herself off from Clor (a clone thor) before Hercules stepped in.

Unnamed-8

Unnamed-9

In these two scans she was able to overpower Polaris with a single bolt that all of it went through the crust to core of the planet.

I have alot more

Well, unfortunately Marvel is the king of inconsistency in terms of character matchups, and power levels in general, with no logic whatsoever in most instances, and strictly depending on the whims and biases of the authors.

Storm's own highest feat was calculated at tier 5-C, so that is the most reliable gauge that we have to go by. Sorry.

Also, this topic has been discussed several times before, so I would appreciate if you permanently drop the subject. Thank you.

Oh well you told me to provide scans some time ago and I never really had time to show. Also has her Planetary Solar Wind been calculated from her solo series? I only see the green house effect she created to stop gamma rays from destroying the planet.

Harming the Surfer was definitely plot induced stupidity. The Black Panther also placed the Silver Surfer in an inescapable grip in that story, despite being astronomically physically weaker, due to Marvel writers constantly wanking him beyond all semblance of logical coherence.

The Silver Surfer did not allow him to do that as far as I am aware, rather the writer did.

If Storm is space and drew power from somewhere else than Earth then its not pis. Storms powers are connectes to the star/planet she is in. If I recall correctly there are stories which have Storm in space and her powers are stronger.

My apologies, but we are not going to upgrade Storm to 4-B, when her greatest actual feat is 5-C.

Again, Marvel is insanely inconsistent, and writers have as an almost official policy to let whoever they prefer cause harm to or win against anybody, no matter how little sense if would make.

By taking your reasoning to its logical extreme, virtually every Marvel character would be scaled to cosmic entities.

I don't want to upgrade her to 4B however I want to note thats how her powers work as seen in many comics. I believe though that she is more than just 5C.

4-B is DEFINATELY out of the question but maybe 5-B would be a good rating especially since she is supposed to be comparable to Invisible Woman.

I don't think that she has been compared much to the Invisible Woman.

In any case, we will have to keep her base at 5-C until we get a higher calculated feat.

I suppose that giving her an additional 4-B statistics key for Stormcaster might be acceptable though.

Well, I do not see how that warrants an upgrade.

On second thought, I am not sure if a second statistics key for Storm with Stormcaster would be appropriate, as she barely had the time to show us her power while using it.

Okay. I do not think that we are going to upgrade her without some calculation to scale from though.

Storm powers are greatly amped in space. From the point where she able to create 12 force Gale solar winds back by the full power of the sun.

In order to kill a droid in her body she used the galactic core to destroy it. She used millions of stars energy to kill it. Thus leaving her in bad condition, but she did survive. Keep in mind that Storm is Amped in space and is a high level energy manipulator/absorber

She created a solar wind around Earth and stated if she kept on she could "Ablaze" the atmosphere. It could be the Earth too.

She was able to tank an attack from Siena Blaze via winds. Siena Blaze has the power to distort the Earth EM fields. She borrows power from the EM field causing use sections of it to be ripped out and causing an explosion somewhere on the planet. If Siena blaze keep using her powers, she would split the Earth like a Melon. Xavier used his tp to make her tire out all of her power. Storm using her winds was able to contain the blast and cyclops was only used to stop any energy getting out, so it would be not lethal.

She channeled the potential energy of the entire trion dimesion to heal it and the inhabitants.

it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

We can only use actual feats within the comicbooks themselves.

You can ask to get some of the feats that you mentioned calculated.

^^^^^ Storm was able to meet near infinte power to compare to Dark Phoenix when she released full power and went haywire on Dr. Doom for making her a statue. Of course she was pissed of and enter rouge storm stage. We haven't seen what Storm can do now at full power.

When fighting Phoenix Echo Rachel Grey, who is being controled by ailen tried to enter storm mind. Her powers went pyscho and created winds that sculpted the planet when it was young.

Using Bio lightning alone (not natural and her bio lightning is weaker) to stop khan (keep in mind she was hospitalized and her nervous system was messed up. She used bio lightning while weak and it was stated to have the power to sculpted a new born planet.

Antvasima said:
We can only use actual feats within the comicbooks themselves.
You can ask to get some of the feats that you mentioned calculated.
They are comic feats. I just have Chris Claremont(X-men writer) interivew confirming Storm=Phoenix in fire power. At the time She was just throwing tornados and wind around because Dr. Doom made her angry and she became rogue storm with nigh-unlimited power just like Dark Phoenix. Also which ones would you liked to be calc'd?

As stated in that interview, Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix. However, at that time, Phoenix's powers were tempered by Jean's humanity. Same holds true for Ororo. Her powers are tempered by her humanity. In the case of Phoenix, when Jean's humanity was removed, nothing was there to restrain the power and DP was born. It had near-infinite power, but kept growing and reaching for ultimate power. However, it was stopped before that. DP stated that she had limits still and did not like this. This was before she consumed the star. However, the Watcher let us know that DP could have attained ultimate power and been second only to the Creator had she kept going and not been stopped.

@Kasyacarey The two scans I have posted above are the things that you mention in your new posts. I have both Storm in space and Rogue Storm...

Storm has never remotely demonstrated feats anywhere near those of the Phoenix, and the character had not remotely been properly developed back in 1979.

Again, I would recommend asking to get her feats calculated, rather than try to get me to accept hyperbole and plot-induced stupidity.

Antvasima said:
Storm has never remotely demonstrated feats anywhere near those of the Phoenix, and the character had not remotely been properly developed back in 1979.
Again, I would recommend asking to get her feats calculated, rather than try to get me to accept hyperbole and plot-induced stupidity.
To the bold I can agree but Storm defenitely is stronger or much stronger in space.

I would personally prefer to close this thread, as I am very tired of repeated Marvel discussions about the same subjects, over and over.

Antvasima said:
Coming the words of the Chris

"Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more."

This mean storm is never at full power. When Jean went hayewire and became Dark Phoenix she had nigh unlimited power. Storm did the same and became Rogue Storm. She didn't maintain the form long because she realized the path Jean took. I think it should be a character slot for Rouge Storm. Also I'm going to get some of these feat calculated so it can go for base Storm.

Yes, I think you should close it. We need to way till storm feats get calc'd and see where we go from here. Also I think Rogue Storm does need a a form on Storm page.

Also I have a question. You stated that Storm power being able to sculpted the earth is a hyperbole but Base Cyclops is small planet level and because it was stated on panel. Storm also had the same thing. Should I post scans?

5-C level power is more than sufficient to gradually sculpt the landscape of the Earth, but infinite power is extreme ill-considered hyperbole.

Anyway, yes I will close this. I do not mind upgrading the character, but we need calculations first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back