• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pit vs. Cirno

Cirno takes this in my opinion. Cirno can freeze bullets, and this could likely apply to Pit's arrows, and Pit himself. Neither character is going to have a speed advantage, and Cirno has the advantage of flight (Palutena needs to help him for that, unless we assume he can just do it himself in these battles? Regardless, he loses flight after five minutes if he's allowed to have it). Furthermore, Cirno should have resurrective immortality, and while Pit has this ability too, he requires outside help to accomplish it. Furthermore, Cirno has regen, meaning Pit would need to one-shot her, and that's assuming Cirno's first death counts as a victory for Pit. Cirno should be able to easily freeze Pit and keep him incapacitated, or kill him if necessary, while outlasting any attacks that Pit can throw out.

Pit can freeze too, and can dispell Status Effects, including Freeze. Pit has multiple stat buffs, including getting brief Invulnerability. Even if she can fly, he has ranged attacks, and with Homing Attack, she isn't escaping. Pit is never stated to need Palutena to be revived, he just does it on his own. Pit can easily deal with her Regenerationn with Raptor Claws that nullify them, or better yet just force her into incapacitation with paralysis, freezing, and sleep.

Here's a quote from Kid Icarus Uprising on Pit being unable to fly without help:

Palutena: The power of flight is my gift to you. I'll control your route so you can focus on battle. But I can only maintain thus power for five minutes at a time. After that, your wings will burn up, and you'll fall.

Pit: You have no idea how embarrassing it is to be an angel who can't fly on his own! So thanks for your help. Without you, I'd be finished!

Furthermore, while not directly stated he can't revive himself, it's implied he needs Palutena or Viridi. Here's another direct quote from the game:

Magnus: You're the only member of Palutena's army who can carry his own weight. Don't even get me started on the centurions. Yeah, there's a ton of them, but they're all pretty flimsy.

Pit: They're grunts. What do you expect? There's no incentive for them to toughen up—they get revived when they die.

Magnus: What are you talking about? So do you!

Pit: Well, yeah, but...I can't help it if Lady Palutena has my back!

Both of these quotes can be found in the game's transcript (https://kidicarus.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Transcripts), check Chapter 1 and Chapter 18, respectively.

So, Pit can't resurrect himself or fly without Palutena's help, meaning Cirno has to win at some point, or if we count first death, he basically has to oneshot her. Cirno doesn't need to escape an attack that she can freeze, and she's shown to be able to freeze both her own and her opponent's attacks. Since homing attacks, stat buffs, brief invincibility, and the ability to dispel status effects are all also linked to Palutena/Viridi, or at least it's heavily implied. Even if they aren't, he has limited usage of each, meaning Cirno just has to outlast. What's your source for Raptor Claws nullifying Regenerationn? There's no mention of him being able to nullify healing in his profile.

Aware he can't fly on his own. Premise of the entire game.

And he doesn't need Palutena to be revived, because he was able to revive himself whilst Palutena was imprisoned in the first game. Keep in mind, they acknowledge the events of the first game. Pit even mentions he's died multiple times in the first game.

If she can freeze it... okay? It doesn't matter if Pit can boost the strength and speed of his physical parameters and arrows, and make them invisible so she can't see them. Also, no they aren't linked to them. And them only being used one is just game mechanics. And there's no way she can outlast getting Transmuted or Petrified, so.

Also, it's on the wiki, same way you found the transcripts. Given Pit's vast arsenal, far more impressive battle experience, high intelligence and mindset, he takes this with ease.

At the same time, I'm pretty sure it's never mentioned that they are unlimited. Since our only indicator at this point would be their usage in gameplay, and due to KIU's constant fourth wall breaks, we kinda have to assume that their limited use is canon due to gameplay.

It's never mentioned in gameplay that they're limited, again. Considering the game very frequently mentions its mechanics and Pit never complains about his Power usage, they aren't limited.

After the comparasion of both characters, I had to give Pit the edge because of higher Attack Potency and his sheer amount of hax.

Cirno has around 21589895700.86, while Pit has 78744049952.2 which is higher than Cirno. So yeah, Cirno would need more than freezing Pit to winning. Also Pit doesn't really need Palutena or Viridi to use his powers since it doesn't contradict the story and Pit only needs to equip them to use them, so he can had buff stats, being more precise in his attacks, create barries to make for his range disadvantage, reducing Cirno's flight with black hole and many ways to one-shot Cirno such as Instant Death Attack even if powers are limited in use.

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I'll have to concede that Pit would probably be able to kill Cirno before he himself gets killed, it seems to be the more likely scenario. However, there is one more issue. Both characters have resurrective immortality, with no indicated limit (Maybe a limit for Pit if he loses his wings, since nobody seemed to think killing him when they burned up would be able to fix him up, and they had to reverse his state. However, this is never made completely clear). Since Pit has never shown any form of conceptual manipulation, Cirno's resurrective immortality is infinite. Pit's is potentially infinite as well. In this case, would we have to direct the match to inconclusive?

Back