• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
With the reintroduction of the Piklopedia in Pikmin 3 Deluxe, the game's monsters were expanded up. Well, the old ones (aka the ones that actually appeared in Pikmin 2) only got bits of info from Alph (basic strategic information), Brittany (artistic appeal or domestication potential), and Charlie (varies between bragging and military nonsense); the only new thing I've seen from Olimar and Louie was an extra comment from Louie on the Armored Cannon Beetle Larva, which stated that the thing can also be deep-fried. Everything else was copy-pasted from Pikmin 2.

As for the new guys, well, I found these bits of info: some rather interesting.

Peckish Aristocrab (no profile available):

In Olimar's notes, it was stated that the Peckish Aristocrab can regenerate its claw.:

It was given a specific timeframe (overnight). I don't recall how broken the claw gets in Pikmin 3. It would definitely get Low-Mid regen if it outright loses its claw. I dunno what tier of regeneration merely losing the claw's exoskeleton would net it, tho.

Quaggled Mireclops:

Unlike the last guy, the Quaggled Mireclops does have a profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Quaggled_Mireclops

This thing, however, was given a new ability: Absorption:

Absorption is quite an intriguing ability. It ranges from small-scale stuff like drinking blood from something, or outright gamebreakers like soul-absorption. In this guy's case, it's definitely biological absorption, though it can be treated as energy absorption depending on how one treats nutrients. I think it's pure biological absorption myself. In any case, it's absorption deal is game-breaking against plants, as Olimar stated that puncturing the thing could improve the ecosystem around it. The extent of its absorption, both in range and power, can be attributed to the muddy arena it's fought in, as mud isn't the most suitable thing for growing grass. I had a calc evaluated and approved for the thing's size (94 cm legspan), so the range of its absorption would immediately be Extended Melee Range going off the diameter of the creature. Calcing the arena's size is another thing entirely, however.

By the looks of it, animals aren't affected, but plants are screwed against the Quaggled Mireclops' absorption.

Skeeterskate (no profile; doesn't need one):

This is interesting. Louie had stated that the liquid inside the Skeeterskate can be drank as an apéritif. Apéritifs are alcoholic drinks, however, given Olimar's statement on its diet is that it eats microscopic plankton, it can be safe to assume that the thing doesn't use fermentation (how the flip can you ferment microorganisms?), but rather inexplicably makes its own ethanol. Given this and the fact that the fluid is used as a drowning attack from the creature, apparently this would also make Blue Pikmin immune to Alcohol Poisoning and that the whistle would immediately stop Pikmin from being drunk. Yeah, you try coming up with a explanation for how they managed to get away with putting alcohol references into Pikmin 3.

But yeah, there's what I can gather from the Piklopedia in Pikmin 3. That's a thing now.

Regenerating a claw being "broken" overnight seems like just Mid-Low at most if there's no details of it straight up falling off, in which case it would be Low-Mid.

Everything else seems fine.

Oh yeah, the hand shatters to the point where it's completely off. I would word that more specifically as regenerating from a shattered claw as opposed to simply broken. But I think High-Low is fine now.

It's looking like these changes are accepted, so I'll adjust them accordingly. I'll leave this thread up since the Piklopedia from Pikmin 3 could still be studied.

Thank you for helping out. Anything left here?
Well, it's noted that the Scornets are heavily reliant on the Scornet Maestro, which is considered their queen. It secretes pheromones to essentially hivemind the scornets and has them obey its commands. Said commands are done through musical cues. Oh, and once the Maestro dies, all the Scornets in the colony die too. Judging by this, well... The wiki doesn't have a good explanation for pheromones, and it lacks a music-based ability beyond Broadway Force. Given the battle itself had you fighting scornets in terms of waves, Scornet Maestro may have danmaku-ish capabilities through the scornets, but I don't think they fully fit the definition of Danmaku. I'm just going backwards.

Thanks Medeus for helping out.

Btw, I also don't think what you describes fits the definition of Danmaku.

So should we close the thread? Seeing the edits were already made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back