• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
For starters, speed is equalized. Both are in character, and start off 2 kilometers from each other. Who takes the match?

Large amounts of electricity definitely hurt Guts pretty badly and he needs to dodge lightning to survive for long, as we saw in the fight against Ganishka.

So I think Pikachu might have this one. Being able to hit Guts with multi-city-block levels of electricity, along with being as fast as Guts (speed equalized) and having insane combat-oriented agility (I mean we're talking about Ash's Pikachu, right? Then he knows the Agility technique on a damn high level) would make Pikachu a pretty much impossible opponent for Guts to beat. Berserker-armor or not, he's eventually going to get roasted (by electricity) to death, without being able to land a hit (keep in mind Guts' sword is huge, while Pikachu is QUITE a small target and as fast and at least as agile as Guts).

Also dude you said they start out 2km from each other. This gives Pikachu even a bit more of an advantage, as some of his most powerful (multi-city-block) attacks have quite a long range (compared to basic melee-combat), while Guts' best attacks from that distance are crossbow-bolts, a cannon, throwing-knives, and mini-bombs. With Pikachu darting around at hypersonic speeds with his insane agility and teeny-tiny size, Guts won't be able to land a hit with any of those things (they aren't nearly as fast as his hypersonic+ sword-swings) from a distance of more than 5 to 10 meters or so, but there's a VERY good chance Pikachu could land some bolts of lightning which have a wider spread of destruction.

Yeah guys sorry about that, my initial post had Pikachu being faster, but then I realized speed was equalized and edited it. Regardless, I still think Pikachu could take this, and explained in detail why that is.

Obviously if Guts CAN land a hit, Pikachu will die from that one single hit due to the freaking Dragonslayer being what it is (pretty much the definition of a BFS), but I just really don't think Guts actually can land any hits in this fight due to Pikachu's small size combined with his agility.

Guts HAS managed to hit smaller creatures with high agility, such as the fairies, so I don't see the size being a problem.

Battlemania said:
Guts HAS managed to hit smaller creatures with high agility, such as the fairies, so I don't see the size being a problem.
If you're talking about the "false fairies" that were actually weird insect-like Apostle-spawns, then yeah, BUT that was mostly because they wer all swarming together in a large group. He never did aim for any single one of them specifically, he was just attacking the swarm by using his sword like a fly-swatter.

In this case, the reason I feel Pikachu's small size would make it nigh-impossible for Guts to land a hit, is because Pikachu has ridiculous agility. If we're talking specifically about Ash's Pikachu, well "Agility" is actually one of his signature moves from the anime series, among other things. He's even beaten a much stronger Pokemon like Lt. Surge's Raichu by using his agility alone.

I also just think Pikachu is far more versatile, especially when it comes to RANGE, than Guts. He is capable of hitting with sheer physical force, in some cases, on the same tier as Guts, as well as of long-range electrical attacks far more powerful and faster than anything Guts can muster from such a range. He is AT LEAST as agile/nimble as Guts (with speed equalized here, though) if not moreso, while being a far smaller and more maneuvurable size. Finally, some of his attacks have a good chance of actually paralyzing the opponent or other special effects that Pokemon-attacks tend to have.

Basically, I don't think Guts would even get close enough to use his Dragonslayer in the first place. The battle would go like this: Pikachu could just continually spam thunderbolts and such from a distance, and move away whenever Guts tries to close that distance. He's fast (equalized) and agile enough that he can dodge anything Guts can shoot/throw (crossbow bolts, mini-bombs, cannon, etc.) from that distance, while he on the other hand can spam hypersonic-and-above (it's lightning) attacks from such a distance. And if Guts SOMEHOW does manage to close the distance between them, Pikachu is small and agile enough that with equal speed he could just dart under Guts' sword swing and between his legs to escape, seriously.

I know that was long but I think that adequately explains why Pikachu would probably win this. And all of you, do keep in mind that Berserk is my favorite work of fiction of all time and I am heavily biased in Guts' favor in any Vs Battle with him. So I WISH that I could say that Guts could win this battle. But I just can't honestly say that he could, I do think Pikachu would be too damn much for him even with the Berserker armor available. The only way Guts would have any chance at all is if this battle started with them at melee-range. . .but it starts with them 2km apart. And as I said, more than anything Pikachu has a MAJOR range-advantage.

What's with the 2km range? You do know that this effectivley cripples Guts by making him unable to attack Pikachu in any way at all?

Cropfist said:
Pikachu. Better range and paralyzing attacks.
Exactly!

@Austrian-Man-Meat, you say "What's with the 2km range? You do know that this effectivley cripples Guts by making him unable to attack Pikachu in any way at all."

--Yeah but, this would still be JUST AS TRUE if they started out anything further than 100 meters away or so. Even closer than that, but more than melee-range, Guts has no attacks actually fast enough to hit Pikachu (all he's got from that range are a cannon, crossbow, throwing knives, and throwing-mini-bombs). Basically, at anything greater than basic Melee range (just a few meters) Guts will be completely useless in this battle, because the ONLY thing he has that's fast enough to hit Pikachu is his ginormous sword. So no matter WHAT distance they start from (unless it's like, two meters, which is stupid), Pikachu will have a major, ridiculous, very one-sided advantage when it comes to attack-range.

That's why Pikachu should be able to win this battle pretty much no matter what.

Guts is a pragmatic fighter @Goody, he may realise that he is unable to strike Pikachu and will then start to deploy effective battle tactics. He can always just play dead and surprise em with the arm cannon or pull a Rosine and take damage to put himself into an ideal position to strike at Pikachu.

Or just sacrifice himself just to get a good hit in, which he typically does. Guts is willing to sacrifice any part of him just to deal a good blow.

Except Pikachu's attacks aren't ones where Guts can "sacrifice one part of himself" or take damage to get close--Every one is an incredibly powerful lightning-bolt probably more powerful than the ones that Ganishka shot off. He can't just take hits from them and keep moving as he does so--his whole body is going to be paralyzed during the actual attack itself due to electrocution, with a 10% chance of being completely paralyzed for a time afterwards because of the special effects of Pokemon attacks. And the lightning bolts are about as fast as Guts and Pikachu themselves. Pikachu is just way more versatile and long-range.

Back