• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piggy Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of my other threads, please excuse my English

The AP focuses on the TNT explosion from the plant level which shouldn't be used for AP at all. The explosion was likely used as a transition screen plus the explosion didn't even damage the other stone, metal and the glass lights that were closer to the epicenter. The explosion was likely used to open certain areas to complete the level, thus it can be explained as game mechanics. The '8-C' feat also contradicts the times when the player gets one-shot by bats, knifes, and a second story fall, and piggy getting stunned by just one shot from a pistol.

all in all piggy characters should be downgraded to 9-C, besides the player if they ever get a profile

Also Willow's intelligence, leading an organization definitely does not give genius,' leading a organization that appears to be large having many bases' and being a criminal wont give that either. I'd say 'At least above average, possibly higher' is better, Although I need more opinions on that.

Last edited:
I'm in total agreement. High or maybe Gifted sounds fine for the intelligence, depending on the specifics.

I have just arrived you bias men, you see attacks with weapons like knifes and baseballs require physical force which would make characters like 9-A, due to my tiredness I'll accept getting rid of possibly 8-C for now, Willow Wolf back in the day could get away with crimes without getting caught by cops who should be comparable to The Player some, and the falling feat is contradicted by The Player from falling from slightly higher heights and surviving.

I have just arrived you bias men, you see attacks with weapons like knifes and baseballs require physical force which would make characters like 9-A,
What, how is any of this above 9-C
Willow Wolf back in the day could get away with crimes without getting caught by cops who should be comparable to The Player some, and the falling feat is contradicted by The Player from falling from slightly higher heights and surviving.
Scans of the fall

Came here just to say that if the plant explosion scaling is to be used post-downgrade, it should be knocked down to 9-A and should only scale to Mr. P's durability. 8-C was based off of ican't saying that it "affected the rest of the plant" without much else to back it up, and I already had a 9-A calc in hand.

AFAIK, in the context of chapter 12, the player was trying to find a way to stop Mr. P and detonates the explosives. Whenever the explosion occurs, Mr. P is placed at the middle of the room after the explosion and still chases after the player.

I'd say that the explosion should still be used, but it should only scale to Mr. P's durability. Otherwise, nobody else should scale to this since everything else about the plot is just "zombie survival story + PIGGY". The whole thing Ican't set up with the "everyone is 8-C" is a gigantic scaling chain where everyone scales off of the explosion feat and nothing else, despite the existence of plenty of feats that occur while not being in the same context of the explosion feat.

I don't really believe it should scale to Mr. P either. He wasn't there when the explosion happened, he only showed up once the explosion fades.

Scans of the fall
Assorted falling feats also main game Player is of higher status than the Intercity Player who can fall off of buildings
Scaling
I'd say that the explosion should still be used, but it should only scale to Mr. P's durability. Otherwise, nobody else should scale to this since everything else about the plot is just "zombie survival story + PIGGY".
Do you consider people with COVID-19 as zombies?
Came here just to say that if the plant explosion scaling is to be used post-downgrade, it should be knocked down to 9-A and should only scale to Mr. P's durability. 8-C was based off of ican't saying that it "affected the rest of the plant" without much else to back it up, and I already had a 9-A calc in hand.
I conceded to getting rid of "possibly 8-C"
I don't really believe it should scale to Mr. P either. He wasn't there when the explosion happened, he only showed up once the explosion fades.
He was there the entire map so that is factually wrong

That's a fair point. I'd argue it should be something like "at least 9-C/9-B, possibly 9-A" considering the possibility of it. If there's a solid reasoning that explains why the player detonated the explosion in the first place that doesn't have to do with stopping Mr. P, then I think not using the 9-A feat would work. It's vague in general and I'd just say it'd be best to say it could've possibly been the case, as Mr. P is one of the enemies in the game to be completely immune to bullets. However, the characters did say that they wanted to make him "snap out of it", so it could've been just a game mechanic to denote that they're not trying to kill Mr. P.

That's a fair point. I'd argue it should be something like "at least 9-C/9-B, possibly 9-A" considering the possibility of it. If there's a solid reasoning that explains why the player detonated the explosion in the first place that doesn't have to do with stopping Mr. P, then I think not using the 9-A feat would work. It's vague in general and I'd just say it'd be best to say it could've possibly been the case, as Mr. P is one of the enemies in the game to be completely immune to bullets. However, the characters did say that they wanted to make him "snap out of it", so it could've been just a game mechanic to denote that they're not trying to kill Mr. P.
The Player, Georgie, and Badgy were there and did take the explosion

We see the explosion go off and he's not standing there, and afterwards, he's there. As said in the OP, it's more than likely just a transition. It doesn't damage anything around it.
The Player, Georgie, and Badgy were there and did take the explosion
Yet, they're all teleported somewhere else? It's a transition screen. TNT doesn't teleport people.

Mr. P and all of the other characters there can go over to the TNT as it's going to explode in gameplay.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure should be downgraded using this thread's logic. Characters are harmed and threaten by 9-C stuff: Zombies and Vampires die to light, Dio Brando got sent flying through a window after being shot a bunch and shortly later was harmed by being stabbed by a basic knife which he was going to kill Johnathan Joestar with, Jack the Ripper can harm characters like Hamon Users with some knives, Dio Brando also easily gets harmed by the Luck and Pluck sword, Vampire Straizo easily got gunned and blown to bits by a Tommy Gun, Lisa Lisa can harm vampires with her scarf, Caesar Zeppeli died to a cross and has to use bubbles to attack people, while Joseph Joestar and Wamuu were fighting they harmed each other with weapons like swords, Ultimate Lifeform Kars had some trouble damaging a World War 2 plane, Rudol von Stroheim can tear Santana and Kars to bits with a machine gun, Star Platinum felt the need to prevent a regular bullet from hitting Jotaro Kujo, Silver Chariot wields and can harm the cast with a weapon that is normally 9-C, Tower of Gray is 10-C in size, The Emperor and Sex Pistols are gun stands, during The Empress fight Joseph was harmed by by the titular Empress who is 10-C in size, Wheel of Fortune is a car, The Lovers is small and 10-C, Anubis is bound to a sword which can harm members of the cast, Bastet can harm people with stuff such as screws and buttons, A pedophile Alessi was going to kill a de-aged Polnareff with a gun, and Yoshikage Kira died to being hit by a ambulance. There is stuff which would downgrade the speed but I'm a bit lazy.
Aren't you the one who said it should likely be an outlier?
In the way of it being lower than other feats, yes

Ahahahaha my throat

Mr. P and all of the other characters there can go over to the TNT as it's going to explode in gameplay.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure should be downgraded using this thread's logic. Characters are harmed and threaten by 9-C stuff: Zombies and Vampires die to light, Dio Brando got sent flying through a window after being shot a bunch and shortly later was harmed by being stabbed by a basic knife which he was going to kill Johnathan Joestar with, Jack the Ripper can harm characters like Hamon Users with some knives, Dio Brando also easily gets harmed by the Luck and Pluck sword, Vampire Straizo easily got gunned and blown to bits by a Tommy Gun, Lisa Lisa can harm vampires with her scarf, Caesar Zeppeli died to a cross and has to use bubbles to attack people, while Joseph Joestar and Wamuu were fighting they harmed each other with weapons like swords, Ultimate Lifeform Kars had some trouble damaging a World War 2 plane, Rudol von Stroheim can tear Santana and Kars to bits with a machine gun, Star Platinum felt the need to prevent a regular bullet from hitting Jotaro Kujo, Silver Chariot wields and can harm the cast with a weapon that is normally 9-C, Tower of Gray is 10-C in size, The Emperor and Sex Pistols are gun stands, during The Empress fight Joseph was harmed by by the titular Empress who is 10-C in size, Wheel of Fortune is a car, The Lovers is small and 10-C, Anubis is bound to a sword which can harm members of the cast, Bastet can harm people with stuff such as screws and buttons, A pedophile Alessi was going to kill a de-aged Polnareff with a gun, and Yoshikage Kira died to being hit by a ambulance. There is stuff which would downgrade the speed but I'm a bit lazy.
1. I would not even oppose downgrading JoJo
2. Sunlight and Hamon are a weakness of vampires and zombies in JoJo so using them alongside weapons imbedded with them is not proof of anything
3. Literally all of the stand related points which are "This stand is X" or "This Stand is X size" are countered by the fact that it's a stand thus not bound to regular scaling of said objects
4. Anubis can also amplify the strength of users so what prevents it from enhancing itself

Not to mention a ton of this aren't even anti feats like with Alessi or are horribly out of context like with Kira and the ambulance

This is completely irrelevant. Lore is > gameplay a vast majority of the time, and either way, the explosion doesn't even damage the stone. It doesn't even shatter the glass lights around it, there's no reason to say this explosion is anything less than a loading transition for the sake of the boss fight.

This is completely irrelevant. Lore is > gameplay a vast majority of the time, and either way, the explosion doesn't even damage the stone. It doesn't even shatter the glass lights around it, there's no reason to say this explosion is anything less than a loading transition for the sake of the boss fight.
The size of the explosion still does matter

It could be planet-sized and it still wouldn't matter if it's just a transition

Varies is usually used for characters that have no consistency at all, like people with toon force or comic people, dunno if it should be used for a single game that always hovers around tier 9/8

I agree with this downgrade, always thought the AP rating and intelligence were sus af.

Being skilled isn't intelligence.

Oh, look, the explosion slightly changed the environment, but caused no damage. A loading transition.

Yes, a character can be extremely stealthy and be a complete moron. Most animals have Stealth Mastery, but are of course, animalistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back