• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piercing damage vs blunt damage (and why they're not comparable in AP)

I haven't see the video, but it would be more ideal to show a real explaination of hiw pircing force work rather than one made by fiction (it could or not be wrong/right).

Well, i am open for a page that mathematically calculates to what degree piercing blades can rationally damage somebody of a higher durability and attack potency range than the attacker, as this is an admitted flaw in our system.

I don't think there is a realistic way to account for piercing damage in fiction, and whatever method one could come up with cannot possibly account for the varied ways characters use to do damage, and to top it off we have no real frame of reference to tell how materials would perform vs objects with unrealistic durability and composition.

In real life it's far more complicated than just dividing and multiplying the surface areas of projectiles/blades. None of the calculations dealing with piercing damage account for the fact the materials bullets/blades are made of have a thoughness/durability independent of their kinetic energy and are bound to deform on contact with a material of similar thoughness at such speeds.

Back