• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Wright vs Frank West

Buttersamuri said:
And I thought it was 7 vote lead and a 24 hour period of this lead to be considered a win. (I won't lie though. Not 100 percent certain on it. I haven't done a lot of these. The only ones I've seen so far were like major stomps on one persons favor)
No. Four point lead, seven votes are needed, and a 24 hour period. If the score was 5 to 7 we'd have a problem but it isn't.

That's what I've been doing though! I've been providing reasons why Frank still wins. Phoenix isn't going to soul hax someone's soul outnof his body if they're a living person! The only reason he did it against Maya is because he knew she was possessed by someone else's soul. It wouldn't be a go to move against a normal person in the slightest!

You have given reason for you think frank still wins. Though we don't agree with it for our own reasons. Not too mention you being so dismissive to a feat that was aloud on his page. Which gives a powerful AP and durability advatage.

No. Four point lead, seven votes are needed, and a 24 hour period. If the score was 5 to 7 we'd have a problem but it isn't.

Ahhh. Ok. That makes sense.

He soul manipulated Dahlia's soul out of Maya, who was indeed alive at the moment it happened.

But, sure, lets say he won't go for that.

Even then.

It doesn't change the fact that pointing is faster than pointing a camera or gun to someone and shooting, since you have to either aim or wait for the camera to charge up the flash, Phoenix will be blinding Frank most of the time.

And Frank has nothing against wind hax, which will let Phoenix to just slam him to the walls until he is knocked out or disarmed of the weapons he might have at hand.

All previous West votes were from a time when Wright didn't have hax. So, i think that this thread is indeed valid for a revision if it was closed now.

Not to mention you still lack the 7 vote lead.

Keep pulling this bullshit, and you'll get in trouble, man. We don't need a 7 vote lead.

For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes.

Speaking of frank. (This isn't about this fight btw. This is a subject I brought up a bit ago in a different page and never got a response. Just wanted to see if y'all maybe knew or had input)

But why is off the record used? That game is non canon. I recall it even says so itself.

You know the hilarious part is that uh.

frank just has a 9-A weapon that was never restricted either so he could just use that. The durability difference is at most three times different, which doesn't mean much. Phoenix can't just spam that stuff and win. Frank literally has a turret he can spawn that can do a good chunk of the shooting for him, so that means nothing. He has cluster bombs that he can throw in a tiny courtroom, which he tanks with ease. Just chuck a couple explosives in there! That doesn't require eyesight.

My argument for the soul hax is that when Phoenix uses it, he knows that Maya has a different soul inside of him. So he knows that doing it wouldn't actually hurt Maya. It wouldn't be in character for him to do it against someone with a singular soul in their body.

Buttersamuri said:
Speaking of frank. (This isn't about this fight btw. This is a subject I brought up a bit ago in a different page and never got a response. Just wanted to see if y'all maybe knew or had input)
But why is off the record used? That game is non canon. I recall it even says so itself.
We use it because...eh we just do. We fully acknowledge it exists and everything. There's no reason to not add it as it doesn't change anything big.

We use it because...eh we just do. We fully acknowledge it exists and everything. There's no reason to not add it as it doesn't change anything big.

Ehh. Seems a bit unfair cause of the arsenal it gives. Like it seriously gives a much larger amount. Combo weapons, combo combo weapons. Lots of gizmos and gadgets he doesn't get in his own games. Seems a bit wrong to have it.

9-A weapons are literally prep.

He is not getting an exo suit or making anything complex in a courtroom, not to mention phoenix would stop him from doing so with wind hax or just tackling him to the ground.

Ted Ed said:
He is not getting an exo suit or making anything complex in a courtroom, not to mention phoenix would stop him from doing so with wind hax.
It's concluded. You joined today, stop doing this shit.

Ted Ed said:

He is not getting an exo suit or making anything complex in a courtroom, not to mention phoenix would stop him from doing so with wind hax.
M8, relax. It's too late. I know how ya feel. I don't agree with it either. But rules are rules. He had the lead he needed for the time he did. Can't argue it.

The combo weapons aren't anything special and I believe Case West lets him build a lot of these on his own anyhow so I don't think that matters much.

Also he has an RPG that's 9-A so no, not prep time, no, not an eco suit, and no, not stoppable by some wind. You also haven't said anything about Frank just...chucking grenades. Also when Frank crafts he can't get knocked down so that's not a good argument.

There are just so many other ways for Frank to win.

Smarter, more versatile, more experienced, better arsenal, less predictable, he's not losing, and there are more leads in which he holds.

Woah a lot of PW matches outta nowhere that's nice

This is a close call, but I agree with Jack. May holding off voting for now though

Jackythejack said:
The combo weapons aren't anything special and I believe Case West lets him build a lot of these on his own anyhow so I don't think that matters much.

Also he has an RPG that's 9-A so no, not prep time, no, not an eco suit, and no, not stoppable by some wind. You also haven't said anything about Frank just...chucking grenades. Also when Frank crafts he can't get knocked down so that's not a good argument.

There are just so many other ways for Frank to win.
Right. Forgot about that game. Checking it. Seems he does get the general important weapons I was thinking about. That the case I won't argue it much. I just think it should be removed myself cause spite it not changing much since the wiki is pretty tight on Canon material.

Nah I'm legitimately curious.

I am working on a Dead Rising revision to add more stuff to Frank as well as a separate key so I mean I got you covered there.

I'm also preparing an argument to make Frank 9-A physically.

Yeah it's werid

also Arsenal how do you feel about 9-A West?

Just wondering if that sounds plausible because

i got evidence and facts.

I will but im debating on whether or not I include tat in my Dead Rising as a whole CRT.

Because that feels like something that deserves a thread all on its own, you get what I mean?

But which one do you think should come first if I only do one after the other?

I say doing them all together is best. It will be picked apart to see what's good one by one. Or around the same time and likely would have a faster result on revivising him if they are needed

TheArsenal1212 said:
Frank first, then if it's accepted, use it as supporting evidence for the verse. That's how I would do it
Yeeeah actually, Frank's upgrades would in general be easier, as it'd take less time to be like "he can tank hits from this, which we say is 9-A" and all that.

If it gets through I'm gonna be so happy.

Yeeeah actually, Frank's upgrades would in general be easier, as it'd take less time to be like "he can tank hits from this, which we say is 9-A" and all that.

If it gets through I'm gonna be so happy.

If I may bring up, since your looking to upgrade Frank (which I wouldn't mind tbh) I was never certain about it. And hadn't ever gotten really heavy into looking into it (mostly cause I too lazy to pull the game out) But there may be a sub sonic feat or two for Frank in the form of possibly dodging fireworks (which some can hit up to 150 mph) Or comparing to chuck who can

And I think in the first game he might have dodged bullets from those guys who took the military car with the machine gun on the back of it in an actual game scene. And also dodged when one of them tried swinging at him when charging at him. And chuck scaling and chuck managed to dodged a full charging motorcycle at very close range (in a actual game scene) Which those things can hit like up to the 300 MPH. Offering what could be consistent to at least low Sub sonic.

Back