• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A Question about Adam Kodmon/Takuto Maruki if he can tank attacks from joker and harm joker who is 1-A why he isn't 1-A

Note: I don't know much about Persona and haven't played the game yet

A Question about Adam Kodmon/Takuto Maruki if he can tank attacks from joker and harm joker who is 1-A why he isn't 1-A

Note: I don't know much about Persona and haven't played the game yet
Profiles just haven't been updated yet, AK is actually supposed to be the strongest 1-A in MegaTen barring the Axiom

Nah, Stephen and to an extent, the Messiahs in the Diamond DLC are stronger than both. The Great Will is probably up there too, to an unknown degree.

Outerverse level (Took over YHVH's throne and usurped His place as the Will of the Universe, becoming the ruler and Creator God of a new world in which existence has reverted back to its primordial state, with humans existing as incorporeal entities unbound by words or language, who exist in tune with The Great Reason)

Right on his profile.
Yeah and Great Reason/Axiom > Adam Kadmon >>> Great Will > YHVH

Outerverse level (Can meagerly damage and withstand blows from a full-power Adam Kadmon, the First Man, and the First World that transcends the entire Tree of Life, and is the closest emanation of the Great Reason), higher with Willpower

GW is stated to be an emanation of the Great Reason, so via statements AK already scales higher. And I'm pretty sure YHVH's universe is just a high-ranking world in the Tree of Life, not one that completely transcends it, so that's another piece of evidence. I might be wrong tho

You are wrong; extremely wrong, in fact.

YHVH is very blatantly stated to be outside of the Tree of Life (he literally created it, it’s his name), so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, especially since before you even get there, you literally need to meditate to get outside the world itself.

I have no idea how you keep missing the very last part of the justification of Anarchy-Nanashi’s profile, too.

I don't know anything about Adam Kadmon and the Great Will, especially considering the latter isn't even apparent to be a key player in the Persona universe. I also think Adam's key is pure headcanon, to be honest, or at least more reflective on the mythological underpinnings rather than that of what was depicted in the games itself.

In tune with the Great Reason, doesn't mean that they were in contact with the Great Reason, but that they were its main avatar which tbh, isn't that much different from what the Great Will/YHVH was. YHVH replaced humanity as its avatar, Nanashi and Dagda just restored the order of things to how it was originally. I don't see how that makes the cosmology any bigger to be honest as they were just using the same power of observation.
Hold on, how did you even come to the conclusion the Great Will & YHVH were two separate entities?
I'm assuming this is aimed towards me, because I don't think Gold said as such. Basically, the Messiahs DLC is pertinent to the Great Will using his individual manifestations to kill the Messiahs before they gained enough power. The DLC is only applicable to players who have played near the beginning of the game, or at its end iirc, and as such it is probably not applicable that the YHVH we see in SMT4A is the Great Will, but just another Avatar.

I don't know anything about Adam Kadmon and the Great Will, especially considering the latter isn't even apparent to be a key player in the Persona universe.
Persona takes place in the Devil Summoner timeline, in which Raidou was cited to free the world from God’s influence, which explains his lack of inclusion. During the events of Hazama Hen, the world of SMT: if… Hazama is stated to be capable of overthrowing The Almighty, only if he disregards the last vestiges of his humanity. This is significant because Tamaki Uchida appears in Persona 2, with her Devil Summoning Program. YHVH having no relevance fails to matter, considering all Demons are merely a result of His divine outflow of power.

I also think Adam's key is pure headcanon, to be honest, or at least more reflective on the mythological underpinnings rather than that of what was depicted in the games itself.
I would simply advise you to pay more attention to the games, then, as Adam Kadmon is directly cited to be the “source and destination”, by Maruki himself. Furthermore, the Thieves Den describes him as the “The Kabbalah describes Adam Kadmon as the primordial human with deific form—an ideal for all humans to strive towards.”, which is essentially what Philemon recites, stating if more humans were like the P2:EP, they could reach a state of existence where they understood their existence, to reach a perfect whole state of Man’s soul.

I'm assuming this is aimed towards me, because I don't think Gold said as such. Basically, the Messiahs DLC is pertinent to the Great Will using his individual manifestations to kill the Messiahs before they gained enough power. The DLC is only applicable to players who have played near the beginning of the game, or at its end iirc, and as such it is probably not applicable that the YHVH we see in SMT4A is the Great Will, but just another Avatar.
I would’ve quoted you if I was.

In tune with the Great Reason, doesn't mean that they were in contact with the Great Reason, but that they were its main avatar which tbh, isn't that much different from what the Great Will/YHVH was. YHVH replaced humanity as its avatar, Nanashi and Dagda just restored the order of things to how it was originally. I don't see how that makes the cosmology any bigger to be honest as they were just using the same power of observation.
It, in-fact, does. Yamai states that humans created The Great Reason, just as it created them. During that time they were incorporeal, immortal faucets whose rudimentary and new emotions gave way to Gods in the first place, with him even describing it as “a baby learning it’s surroundings”. The very act of the Great Reason evolving was due to Humans working within, and in-tune with it to create the world, with Yamai (director) and Miyata (writer), directly describing it as the Collective Unconscious.

have no idea how you keep missing the very last part of the justification of Anarchy-Nanashi’s profile, too.
I don't see why that would matter, considering that the act of making human consciousness corporeal (and its inverse, returning it to be non-corporeal) is an act that YHVH can do with his own power. So either YHVH would have to go higher in the scaling chain or the Axiom would have to go lower, try to make a CRT about it, I'm not that deeply entrenched in MegaTen's cosmology
Hold on, how did you even come to the conclusion the Great Will & YHVH were two separate entities?
Because they are? It's stated time after time that YHVH is only the Great Will's main avatar, the same way the Great Will is an avatar of the Great Reason. This is further supported by how multiple people usurp YHVH's position as the Great Will's avatar, with Matter Lucifer in SMTV specifically saying he "took YHVH's place in the Great Will's design"

Im an Average Persona Fan who has played most of the mainline games and side games
And I have two questions

Who is stronger LORE WISE
1. P3 Protagonist with Universe Arcana or P5R Protagonist
2. Nyx (Mother of Shadows/Death the Almighty) or Adam Kadmon (The first man)

I don't see why that would matter, considering that the act of making human consciousness corporeal (and its inverse, returning it to be non-corporeal) is an act that YHVH can do with his own power. So either YHVH would have to go higher in the scaling chain or the Axiom would have to go lower, try to make a CRT about it, I'm not that deeply entrenched in MegaTen's cosmology
YHVH only did so after taking the collective Observation of humanity to make Him the One True God. He manipulates Observation by staying outside It’s range, that’s the entire point, which is why Satan describes him as no different than any other Demon, when he’s debased, and people lose faith. What Nanashi is doing is instant, reverting everything back to the source where Humans were more than Human. Why would we make a CRT when you’re just flat out wrong?

Because they are? It's stated time after time that YHVH is only the Great Will's main avatar, the same way the Great Will is an avatar of the Great Reason. This is further supported by how multiple people usurp YHVH's position as the Great Will's avatar, with Matter Lucifer in SMTV specifically saying he "took YHVH's place in the Great Will's design"

YHVH is the Great Will, that’s the Infinite Headed form that is shown in IV:A. Doi and Yamai even agree with this, directly having a multitude of heads drawn to reference his line from MT II:

I have one last word for ye. I am but one part of an incorporeal entity which controls countless universes. There are much stronger aggregations of consciousness than this universe.

And SMT II, where he says the “will of the universe” will resurrect him again, and again, even after his death.

Compared to his artistic depiction:
He had a strong impact in the previous games, so I just followed the basic model. His image as the Father and main god was emphasised by the stern expression on his aged face. The panels with three angles in the middle of his face are there to portray him as a 3D representation. I showed multiple faces every time he appeared, in order to show he has all the universes under his rule. The true number of these faces is the number of stars, rather than just the number of lives we can observe.

Lucifer in SMTV specifically saying he "took YHVH's place in the Great Will's design"
This is, also, at no point, ever stated anywhere in SMT V’s story. He says “I defeated the Creator, and became more than He could possibly imagine”.

Only Sophia & Tao directly mention the Great Will.

YHVH only did so after taking the collective Observation of humanity to make Him the One True God. He manipulates Observation by staying outside It’s range, that’s the entire point, which is why Satan describes him as no different than any other Demon, when he’s debased, and people lose faith. What Nanashi is doing is instant, reverting everything back to the source where Humans were more than Human. Why would we make a CRT when you’re just flat out wrong?
Fair enough, kinda harsh but fair enough
This is, also, at no point, ever stated anywhere in SMT V’s story. He says “I defeated the Creator, and became more than He could possibly imagine”.
Yeah, you're right I misremembered it. I was thinking of the Mandala system.
YHVH is the Great Will, that’s the Infinite Headed form that is shown in IV:A. Doi and Yamai even agree with this, directly having a multitude of heads drawn to reference his line from MT II:
YHVH is the Great Will because the Great Will created YHVH as an avatar. The Great Will's always been portrayed to be the deeper "true self" of YHVH (with YHVH being considered "infinitesimal" compared to the Great Will), that's why he talks about the Great Will resurrecting him. I see it the same way as a person in KH completely regenerating from their Heart or a Maou Gakuin character completely regenerating from their Source.

They defeated true power Stephen, who went through all space and time to contact the Great Reason, thus making him > all the gods who are just the Bunreis of the Great Reason.
Anarchy Route Nanashi literally create a world where he and the humans exist in the same spectrum as the Axiom. Something that Stephen, could very well not capable of.
Route Nanashi is way too weak for AK/Stephen tier, he's only Great Will tier
No, the world that Nanashi created contains beings that exist in tune with the Axiom, literally Axiom tier.
Yeah and Great Reason/Axiom > Adam Kadmon >>> Great Will > YHVH
YHVH=The Great Will=Mandala System. Satan states that Nanashi will take over YHVH throne as "Become the next Will of the Universe".
GW is stated to be an emanation of the Great Reason, so via statements AK already scales higher. And I'm pretty sure YHVH's universe is just a high-ranking world in the Tree of Life, not one that completely transcends it, so that's another piece of evidence. I might be wrong tho
YHVH is actually responsible in creating it...

YHVH is the Great Will because the Great Will created YHVH as an avatar. The Great Will's always been portrayed to be the deeper "true self" of YHVH (with YHVH being considered "infinitesimal" compared to the Great Will), that's why he talks about the Great Will resurrecting him. I see it the same way as a person in KH completely regenerating from their Heart or a Maou Gakuin character completely regenerating from their Source.
Well, then, stop comparing it to KH, and Maou Gakuin - because it is neither. They are the same entity, through and through. The Manifestation Heads are still very vividly aware of their true Self, and essentially participate in the fight in IV:A, hence, the infinite amount of heads within the background of the fight.

They are the same entity, through and through. The Manifestation Heads are still very vividly aware of their true Self, and essentially participate in the fight in IV:A, hence, the infinite amount of heads within the background of the fight.
Then why does the wiki seem to treat the Great Will as a greater key of YHVH?
YHVH is actually responsible in creating it...
Yeah I was dumb, I just remembered

Im an Average Persona Fan who has played most of the mainline games and side games
And I have two questions

Who is stronger LORE WISE
1. P3 Protagonist with Universe Arcana or P5R Protagonist
2. Nyx (Mother of Shadows/Death the Almighty) or Adam Kadmon (The first man)
1. The P5 protagonist, Joker.
2. Adam Kadmon.

Persona takes place in the Devil Summoner timeline, in which Raidou was cited to free the world from God’s influence, which explains his lack of inclusion.
I know all of this already, though thank you for explaining it. There is also the appearance of Raiho, I guess.
During the events of Hazama Hen, the world of SMT: if… Hazama is stated to be capable of overthrowing The Almighty, only if he disregards the last vestiges of his humanity. This is significant because Tamaki Uchida appears in Persona 2, with her Devil Summoning Program. YHVH having no relevance fails to matter, considering all Demons are merely a result of His divine outflow of power.
Is this in relation to the Nocturne quote of everyone being YHVH's Bunrei, or that statement from Satan? I never contested to that, but I fail to see how that's relevant to Persona anyway as they are explicitly stated to be born, and residents of the sea of souls. I also don't think, if he's overthrown, that the entities that come afterward should be deemed relevant to him.
I would simply advise you to pay more attention to the games, then,
I'm pretty sure most of the additional things accepted for fact on this wiki, is based on assertions from data learned from the japanese scans as well as assumptions derived from it, something that is not readily available to all fans, and I'm still going through all the games. That is, even if my comprehension is not at the same level, my ability to pay attention is just fine, thank you.
as Adam Kadmon is directly cited to be the “source and destination”, by Maruki himself. Furthermore, the Thieves Den describes him as the “The Kabbalah describes Adam Kadmon as the primordial human with deific form—an ideal for all humans to strive towards.”, which is essentially what Philemon recites, stating if more humans were like the P2:EP, they could reach a state of existence where they understood their existence, to reach a perfect whole state of Man’s soul.
Yes, I remember that scene with Maruki, however being a source of something or the destination for a more wholesome state is not evidence of something transcending it much less to the extent that is implied in the profile. I thank you for the other tidbits of information, though.
I would’ve quoted you if I was.
Sorry, my bad.
It, in-fact, does. Yamai states that humans created The Great Reason, just as it created them. During that time they were incorporeal, immortal faucets whose rudimentary and new emotions gave way to Gods in the first place, with him even describing it as “a baby learning it’s surroundings”. The very act of the Great Reason evolving was due to Humans working within, and in-tune with it to create the world, with Yamai (director) and Miyata (writer), directly describing it as the Collective Unconscious.

Yes, I read that a long time ago too. No, though...
So it’s something along the lines of a god born out of the collective unconscious which came from shared awareness?

Yamai: That’s right, don’t you all just love it? (laughs)

Miyata: I certainly think there is some sort of huge collective unconscious, but I never really thought it might be connected to the Great Reason.
It was born out of the collected unconscious and a "deep part of the shared awareness" but it's not the collective unconscious itself, no more than the persona administrators. I guess I can see where your reasoning is coming from though.
Because it refers to the singular Head, then the one above the Tree of Life. Same entity.
You still haven't really addressed my concerns though. Why is it that the Great Will's acts seemed independent of YHVH in the DLC? I've looked into it again, thinking I was misremembering, and it literally says at the beginning of the DLC

This story take place after (Nanashi or whatever name)'s story takes place proving without a doubt that many headed YHVH is not the Great Will itself, and no more than Metatron's and Lucifer's Great Will in Nocturne considering killing him in either route does nothing to the Great Will.

Is this in relation to the Nocturne quote of everyone being YHVH's Bunrei, or that statement from Satan?
SMT II guidebook. I have no idea what the former or latter statements are.

Persona anyway as they are explicitly stated to be born, and residents of the sea of souls. I also don't think, if he's overthrown, that the entities that come afterward should be deemed relevant to him.
What? I don’t understand.

I'm pretty sure most of the additional things accepted for fact on this wiki, is based on assertions from data learned from the japanese scans as well as assumptions derived from it, something that is not readily available to all fans, and I'm still going through all the games. That is, even if my comprehension is not at the same level, my ability to pay attention is just fine, thank you.
Persona 5 Royal has been out for two years, with a fully functional English translation and a Thieves Den any player can access, which is where the statement comes from. In no point did I ever mention anything about Japanese scans in relation to Adam Kadmon. So, once again, I advise you pay attention to not only what I’m saying, but what the games are.

Yes, I remember that scene with Maruki, however being a source of something or the destination for a more wholesome state is not evidence of something transcending it much less to the extent that is implied in the profile. I thank you for the other tidbits of information, though.
That’s because it’s being redone, lol.

It was born out of the collected unconscious and a "deep part of the shared awareness" but it's not the collective unconscious itself, no more than the persona administrators. I guess I can see where your reasoning is coming from though.

Strangely enough, you conveniently cut out the rest of quote:

And speaking of shared awareness, the scale would be quite small depending on the surroundings; the Japanese would have their shared awareness, but it would be different from that of foreigners. For example, even if the Japanese saw themselves as without religion, they’d look Buddhist to foreigners. This kind of thing leads me to think that the Great Reason is not at the surface of shared awareness, but belongs instead to an extremely deep part of the origin.

Not to mention the fact that Yamai directly agrees with it, with Miyata says “I never really thought”, not “it isn’t connected”. The Collective Unconscious has layers, which we can assume The Great Reason is the deepest layer of nothingness.

I know all of this already, though thank you for explaining it. There is also the appearance of Raiho, I guess.

Is this in relation to the Nocturne quote of everyone being YHVH's Bunrei, or that statement from Satan? I never contested to that, but I fail to see how that's relevant to Persona anyway as they are explicitly stated to be born, and residents of the sea of souls. I also don't think, if he's overthrown, that the entities that come afterward should be deemed relevant to him.

Sorry, my bad.

Yes, I read that a long time ago too. No, though...

You still haven't really addressed my concerns though. Why is it that the Great Will's acts seemed independent of YHVH in the DLC? I've looked into it again, thinking I was misremembering, and it literally says at the beginning of the DLC

This story take place after (Nanashi or whatever name)'s story takes place proving without a doubt that many headed YHVH is not the Great Will itself, and no more than Metatron's and Lucifer's Great Will in Nocturne considering killing him in either route does nothing to the Great Will.
I have… no idea what you’re trying to assert. Why does it being after the main story disprove me? I’ve already proven that they’re the same in an earlier comment to GoldExPoints.

SMT II guidebook. I have no idea what the former or latter statements are.
Thanks
What? I don’t understand.
I thought you were implying Adam Kadmon scales to YHVH because all the demons are results of his divine outflow and I disagreed because he was already overthrown and there's not enough points of references to scale them to each other.
Persona 5 Royal has been out for two years, with a fully functional English translation and a Thieves Den any player can access, which is where the statement comes from. In no point did I ever mention anything about Japanese scans in relation to Adam Kadmon. So, once again, I advise you pay attention to not only what I’m saying, but what the games are.
That wasn't referring to you, but in regards to all that Kandath Mandela stuff in UltimateReality's thread.

Also yes, I know all of that already which is why I explicitly stated I remembered.

That’s because it’s being redone, lol.
Fair.
Strangely enough, you conveniently cut out the rest of quote:

Not to mention the fact that Yamai directly agrees with it, with Miyata says “I never really thought”, not “it isn’t connected”. The Collective Unconscious has layers, which we can assume The Great Reason is the deepest layer of nothingness.
Conveniently? I don't like what you are implying. When I mentioned (It was born out of the collected unconscious and a "deep part of the shared awareness") I was referring to that quote but I specifically didn't bother to quote the whole thing since I was certain you knew what I would be referring to (which you did) and because the quote doesn't add anything to the discussion. It literally states the Great Reason belongs to the deep part of the origin of the collective unconscious, not that it is the collective unconscious itself. Wherever the deepest part of the collective unconscious' origin is, the Axiom was born of it and resides there.
I have… no idea what you’re trying to assert. Why does it being after the main story disprove me? I’ve already proven that they’re the same in an earlier comment to GoldExPoints.
Sorry, for some reason those comments just didn't register to me.

Basically you're saying that Nanashi was stated to become the Will of the Universe by Satan but YHVH being the Will of the Universe does not mean he is the Great Will. Why? This is directly contradicted by the Great Will being stated as a separate entity in the Messiahs DLC. We have also always known that YHVH and the Great Will have been called the same names in relation to each other, considering in Nocturne Lucifer and Metatron were also stated to be avatars of the Great Will but we know them to just be parts of YHVH.

Your other argument is that the many heads shown represent him being the ruler of all the universes as stated as an interview, which is an artistic depiction of him being a ruler of all the universes. That doesn't mean he is the Great Will being talked about since Megami Tensei 2 or whatever old game it was referenced.

THe point is whatever route or "path" you choose, YHVH is already dead whether in his many headed form or dethroned form during the events of the DLC meaning the Great Will is a completely separate entity as it was killing off the Messiahs, thus SMT4A YHVH is still probably just an avatar the Great Will.

Last edited:
I thought you were implying Adam Kadmon scales to YHVH because all the demons are results of his divine outflow and I disagreed because he was already overthrown and there's not enough points of references to scale them to each other.
No. I never said that.

Conveniently? I don't like what you are implying. When I mentioned (It was born out of the collected unconscious and a "deep part of the shared awareness") I was referring to that quote but I specifically didn't bother to quote the whole thing since I was certain you knew what I would be referring to (which you did) and because the quote doesn't add anything to the discussion. It literally states the Great Reason belongs to the deep part of the origin of the collective unconscious, not that it is the collective unconscious itself. Wherever the deepest part of the collective unconscious' origin is, the Axiom was born of it and resides there.
When Yamai himself cites that Gods themselves were born out of shared awareness, that very confidently gashes through your point.

Basically you're saying that Nanashi was stated to become the Will of the Universe by Satan but YHVH being the Will of the Universe does not mean he is the Great Will.
I genuinely have no idea what you’re saying. Where did I ever say that?

This is directly contradicted by the Great Will being stated as a separate entity in the Messiahs DLC.
Where is this said?

We have also always known that YHVH and the Great Will have been called the same names in relation to each other, considering in Nocturne Lucifer and Metatron were also stated to be avatars of the Great Will but we know them to just be parts of YHVH.
This is a very foolish point, considering right afterwards, Lucifer notes that The Great Will will curse Demi-Fiend. Similarly, how YHVH cursed Aleph. Or how it did to Hijirii, or Kazuya, etc. The only character that recurrently curses characters is YHVH, who is the Great Will. It’s recurrently cited that Lucifer is a discarded aspect of God, and here he admits that he is created by the Great Will. Just like how Metatron is stated to be the Voice of the Great Will, which is how he’s also stated to be the voice of God. It’s pretty evident the Great Will is a lawful entity, considering Shekinah (the feminine aspect of God), laments her failure and begs for forgiveness.

Your other argument is that the many heads shown represent him being the ruler of all the universes as stated as an interview, which is an artistic depiction of him being a ruler of all the universes. That doesn't mean he is the Great Will being talked about since Megami Tensei 2 or whatever old game it was referenced.
This isn’t even an argument.

THe point is whatever route or "path" you choose, YHVH is already dead whether in his many headed form or dethroned form during the events of the DLC meaning the Great Will is a completely separate entity as it was killing off the Messiahs, thus SMT4A YHVH is still probably just an avatar the Great Will.
No. Satan very clearly calls him the “Will of the Universe” in IV:A, YHVH himself says “The Will of the Universe will resurrect recreate me” in SMT II, an infinite cycle of creation governed by the Great Will in SMT III, which is the exact same as in SMT I & IV:A, which he admits to be apart of, and is, everything.

Which, the exact same rhetoric is spoken of in V, where the Great Will governs creation and a cycle of reincarnation. Just like how YHVH does
It's certainly possible but honestly, I don't think the Great Will and the Mandela is at all involved like that. It makes no sense for Lucifer, who has been known to reference the Great Will directly, to suddenly refer to it by another name especially considering the conversations with certain demons and Demi-Fiend's presence indicate that this game directly occurs after the events in Nocturne (or as close enough as it can with a franchise that canonically uses possibilities to describe the characters in relation to one another between canon games). It is most likely, the Axiom or the Great Reason, which we know is also directly responsible for that kind of cyclic existence as stated by Krishna and in the interview, with entities like YHVH and Brahman being just Bunrei that adopt this system since it is so beneficial to their needs, or it is maybe a different entity entirely. As they say in the interview, the existence of the circle of transmigration is a good thing, so the Great Reason created that system which perhaps YHVH too took part in.
When Yamai himself cites that Gods themselves were born out of shared awareness, that very confidently gashes through your point.
Considering I never denied that I don't see how my point is at all contradicted. Once again being "born of something" means nothing.

Regardless after reading the material again and realizing that the the Great Reason's discovering of its surroundings was likened to the movement of peoples shared consciousness it probably is literally the collective unconscious. I concede to that point.
I genuinely have no idea what you’re saying. Where did I ever say that?
Er...sorry, I mistook someone else's statement for yours.
Sorry, I misspoke. I should have stated that it was implied that this was the case, considering even after the events of the story YHVH was still acting to get rid of the Messiahs, thus debunking the idea that the manifestation heads, based only on an artistic representation, were the complete entity of the Great Will as spoken about in the early years of Shin Megami Tensei since they were consecutively and summarily destroyed prior to the events of the DLC and thus YHVH shouldn't have been much of a problem anymore. Maybe the key should be renamed to "Will of the Universe" instead?

This also makes more sense, since Will of the Universe was treated as a title and not the entity itself, as the Great Will has always been.
This is a very foolish point, considering right afterwards, Lucifer notes that The Great Will will curse Demi-Fiend. Similarly, how YHVH cursed Aleph. Or how it did to Hijirii, or Kazuya, etc. The only character that recurrently curses characters is YHVH, who is the Great Will. It’s recurrently cited that Lucifer is a discarded aspect of God, and here he admits that he is created by the Great Will. Just like how Metatron is stated to be the Voice of the Great Will, which is how he’s also stated to be the voice of God. It’s pretty evident the Great Will is a lawful entity, considering Shekinah (the feminine aspect of God), laments her failure and begs for forgiveness.
Merkabah was also likened to be god in SMT4 and in the interview Uriel was also stated to be god, Lucifer was cast out of hell by Michael but laments he could not surpass God as well as the many statements in even the spinoffs like the Kuzunoha franchise... it is perfectly acceptable, even to the most rigid of characters of the law system, to be identified as the same as the individual whose ideals they embody yet exist only as a part of them (not even mentioning Satan's point of view on the matter). Due to the many statements like these, things like Lucifer's comments of being "equal to God" and some such is not mere contradiction or PIS as stated by some on this wiki, but a reference in relationship to Merkabah who is God from a certain perspective, but not the perspective that involves YHVH.

Thus, finally calling YHVH the Great Will in the literal only makes sense if you deny the many, many times they reference the two as separate characters. That is, the early days of SMT, SMT4A the DLC and SMT 5 where YHVH is explicitly dead which is known by literally everyone, gone yet Sophia as well as Maria still pray to the Great Will.

The only contradictions I remember that exist is YHVH's depiction in SMT 3 which, I must reiterate, is not much of contradiction since plenty of entities are referred to as their greater Bunreis and SMT SJ Redux which actually proves my point, since to everyone's point of view, YHVH is already dead (of course, he isn't, just scattered into pieces and sealed away) but Shekinah still insists on praying to the Great Will.
Except it completely is. Being depicted as a many headed figure as an artistic representation of YHVH being the ruler of all the Universes does not mean that it is at all the Great Will since upon his defeat there was absolutely no change in the cosmology of the other worlds in the Messiah DLC. It only proves that the universe depicted in SMT4A was a multiverse, which we already suspected anyway.
No. Satan very clearly calls him the “Will of the Universe” in IV:A, YHVH himself says “The Will of the Universe will resurrect recreate me” in SMT II, an infinite cycle of creation governed by the Great Will in SMT III, which is the exact same as in SMT I & IV:A, which he admits to be apart of, and is, everything.
In SMT4A YHVH also says the Will of the Universe will snuff us out which is a strange thing to say if he personally saw himself as the Great Will. Further, I'm not even arguing that he wasn't the Great Will, just that we've never seen the complete entity or the space described. YHVH in SMT4A was just a "greater consciousness", not the whole thing as indicated that the cosmology in question only extended to SMT4A's universe, while the Great Will spans almost the entirety of the franchise.
cycle of reincarnation. Just like how YHVH does.
As stated above I disagree with this. YHVH is not the only entity that does or partakes in the cycles of reincarnation. Honestly, every head deity probably has done it since "This is the Axiom which cannot be overturned" and many of them have ruled the cosmos before YHVH.

It makes no sense for Lucifer, who has been known to reference the Great Will directly, to suddenly refer to it by another name
Nocturne is like...years older than SMT V, Atlus could very well need some new things y'know. Also this Lucifer has absorbed nigh omniscient knowledge after absorbing YHVH's essence, so him referring things differently it's alright, he's nigh omniscient after all. Anything he said is 90% correct.
That is, the early days of SMT, SMT4A the DLC and SMT 5 where YHVH is explicitly dead which is known by literally everyone, gone yet Sophia as
That's because YHVH isn't truly dead, his true form still exist as the Will of the Universe.
YHVH in SMT4A was just a "greater consciousness", not the whole thing as indicated that the cosmology in question only extended to SMT4A's universe, while the Great Will spans almost the entirety of the franchise.
The Will of the Universe was stated to be omnipresence in SMT IV A tho...
Honestly, every head deity probably has done it since "This is the Axiom which cannot be overturned" and many of them have ruled the cosmos before YHVH.
Not in the sense they're the Will of the Universe itself or sit on the throne beyond all of existence doesn't it?

Nocturne is like...years older than SMT V, Atlus could very well need some new things y'know. Also this Lucifer has absorbed nigh omniscient knowledge after absorbing YHVH's essence, so him referring things differently it's alright, he's nigh omniscient after all. Anything he said is 90% correct.
Years older, but they still reference its happenings like Decarabia not meeting up with Forneus because the latter is dead and the Great Will being known as...well...the Great Will.

It makes no sense for one of its direct avatars to suddenly not recognize its own creator but Sophia does, limitations of his intelligence or not.
That's because YHVH isn't truly dead, his true form still exist as the Will of the Universe.
That's my point isn't it? The Great Will is still very much relevant whether or not YHVH's manifestation Heads are present or active. By definition the manifestation we saw in SMT 4A or anywhere else rather, cannot be "The Great Will" in its entirety.
The Will of the Universe was stated to be omnipresence in SMT IV A tho...
My point was, no matter the characteristics given to him, it only applied to the cosmology in SMT 4A as clearly, the other many worlds weren't affected in the DLC. Honestly, even the goddess of Tokyo could travel to another world to avoid Nanashi's multiversal recreation that expressively needed YHVH's own universe to be destroyed, implying it was of a similar if not greater size in Nanashi's Anarchy route.
Not in the sense they're the Will of the Universe itself or sit on the throne beyond all of existence doesn't it?
Honestly? Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that Satan spoke to Nanashi about becoming the Will of the Universe, implying it was just a title that was given to whoever was ruling at the moment and I'm pretty sure Baal was ruling the Universe in SMTV before YHVH iirc.

The throne was not YHVH's alone, as the Buddha (I don't remember his name) stated. Any Nahobino proven worthy can sit on the throne and remake the world as they wish. It was a major plot point of the game. YHVH was only the head honcho because he was the strongest and the most cunning, sealing their powers away in the form of the fruit.
If you're asking me if I think the other gods like Brahman was literally the Great Will's manifestation like YHVH is though, then no I do not.

The Axiom on the other hand, YHVH adopted the Axiom's system and all the gods are the Great Reason's Bunreis, so I'm pretty sure by extension the Great Will is also just one of its Bunreis.

I'm pretty sure Baal was ruling the Universe in SMTV before YHVH iirc.
Baal was ruling the universe at that point, but it was a part of the design of WotU.
The throne was not YHVH's alone, as the Buddha (I don't remember his name) stated.
It's a different throne, the throne that the Nahobino sit on is on the Realm Beyond Earth and Heaven, above the three pillars of the Tree of Life. While YHVH's Universe sit above the 4 branes. If it is the same throne then someone would state that the Nahobino become the Will of the Universe or the Mandala System which doesn't happen in SMT V.

My point was, no matter the characteristics given to him, it only applied to the cosmology in SMT 4A as clearly, the other many worlds weren't affected in the DLC. Honestly, even the goddess of Tokyo could travel to another world to avoid Nanashi's multiversal recreation that expressively needed YHVH's own universe to be destroyed, implying it was of a similar if not greater size in Nanashi's Anarchy route.
We never know what happened to the goddess of Tokyo after Nanashi recreate the universe, saying that she somehow survived the recreation of existence require extraordinary evidence.

We never know what happened to the goddess of Tokyo after Nanashi recreate the universe, saying that she somehow survived the recreation of existence require extraordinary evidence.
"You will not be able to see her anymore. She will find another messiah in another Universe."Stephen also warns Nanashi of Messiahs rousing Flynn's protectiveness. We knew exactly what she was doing. That is, searching for Messiahs in other universes to challenge Anarchy Route Nanashi. This isn't including the many worlds outside Nanashi's control in the DLC.

It's a different throne, the throne that the Nahobino sit on is on the Realm Beyond Earth and Heaven, above the three pillars of the Tree of Life. While YHVH's Universe sit above the 4 branes. If it is the same throne then someone would state that the Nahobino become the Will of the Universe or the Mandala System which doesn't happen in SMT V.
I misunderstood you, I thought you were referring to the throne of SMT V, my apologies.

Back