• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona: One more minor AP revision

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
This is just a quick revision I wanted to handle after the previous overhaul of the scaling chain. After finishing with that CRT, there were a few more small things here and there that I thought about and found to be somewhat questionable. Most of them were easy to iron out, but there was one in particular I think is worth mentioning. Don't worry; this isn't nearly as long, extensive or controversial as the previous CRT, so it likely won't cause any headaches to evaluate.

So, this concerns Yaldabaoth in comparison to the End-Game Phantom Thieves. In the first CRT, I stated that Yaldabaoth should be considered to be 4 magnitudes above the End-Game Phantom Thieves due to being able to thoroughly stomp them near the end of their battle with Rays of Control. I argued it shouldn't be considered 5 magnitudes, or in other words a one-shot, since even when they were already badly beaten it still wasn't enough to kill them completely.

However, I've come to doubt this. The Rays of Control used by Yaldabaoth at the end of the battle is a very quick attack, with no preparation and "powering up" beforehand. Compare that to the Rays of Control used in battle, which requires an extremely long time to power up through his Divine Apex ability and which is shown to be explicitly significantly more powerful if given the chance to power up entirely.

As such, while a very conservative estimate would still state that this should only be 4 magnitudes, I think it'd be far more realistic to assume that a fully powered up Rays of Control should be at least 1 magnitude higher than a basic one, considering that it is shown to explicitly be far more powerful than it's basic form and therefore shouldn't be considered comparable. As such, this would bump up Yaldabaoth as being 5 magnitudes above the PT's instead of 4.

This really doesn't need any extremely thorough evaluation or debate; I just wanted to quickly get an idea of what people's opinions on the matter are before either adding it or rejecting it. Thoughts?

I was going to make a revision thread regarding 2-C and Immeasurable speed Persona 5, but I think it will be long. Though I have links that prove it.

Back