• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Discussion Thread

I honestly think that World and Universe were supposed to be the same Arcana, and that using different names was just a translation issue or something.

It's not a translation error. It's just part of a different Tarot deck. Along with the Aeon, the Universe is not part of the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck like the other arcana, rather, it is from the Thoth Deck, numbered XXI, which is the number of The World in the Rider-Waite deck. They are essentially, the same card.

Until proven otherwise, yes. I think Atlus overall needs to focus on making things more consistent. SMT kinda suffers from the same ambiguity as Persona.

Sera EX said:
It's his Ultimate Persona, of course it scales. It's even under The World in Persona Q rather than Judgment as it is in P3 and P5. We don't know much about The Universe but it's basically the equivalent of the World and I explained all protagonist's Ultimate Personas are tied to The World arcana in some way. Just watch, in PQ2 Satanael will be The World instead of The Fool.
It being his Ultimate Persona is irrelevant because unlike the other protagonists' Ultimate Personas Messiah isn't connected to his end game power up at all. You can get it before the Nyx fight and before getting the Universe Arcana, which isn't the case with Izanagi-no-Okami or Satanael without NG+. Fact is that unlike Yu, who needs Izanagi-no-Okami to beat Izanami or Ren , who needs Satanael to beat Yaldabaoth, Messiah isn't needed to seal Nyx and isn't connected to the plot of persona 3 in anyway.

There is also the fact that after getting the Universe Arcana, Makoto doesn't seem to even need to use personas anymore. He flies to the moon without a persona, you can't use personas or their skills during the Nyx fight, even though you can still attack her, and when casting the great seal he doesn't use a persona.

At the end of the day there isn't any good reason to scale Messiah to Makoto with the Universe Arcana because the two aren't connected.

Ugh.. I'd rather not talk about powerscaling on these kinds of threads so if that's what you believe, that's fine.

Invitation to Freedom - Persona Q2 OST (FULL VER
Invitation to Freedom - Persona Q2 OST (FULL VER.)

It's here! The full song!

I'm on the burning building dungeon in Innocent Sin where you have to evacuate some school children... And it's the worst thing ever.

Persona Q2 New Cinema Labyrinth Ann Takamaki Character Trailer ENG SUB
Persona Q2 New Cinema Labyrinth Ann Takamaki Character Trailer ENG SUB

Ann + Chie = Greatness

Fair on all of those besides Kawakami because someone talked me out of being weirded out by the age gap

You also missed Chihaya and Takemi

What? P5 girls are great. I won't tolerate this heresy. >.>

Lol it's funny because literally any girl in P5 is better than boring Makoto. I'd rather have psycho Akechi as a permanent party member than having to deal with that overrated trash.

The older P5 girls were the best. Though I personally didn't care all that much for Kawakami or the nurse.

Recently there is a rising popularity of Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna as versus debates (esp. possibility as a Death Battle) and as the debate goes there are arguments that Joker can actually defeat Giorno despite MSS vs Universal AP. I want to know from some knowledgeable Persona fans if that is true.

Jasonsith said:
Recently there is a rising popularity of Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna as versus debates (esp. possibility as a Death Battle) and as the debate goes there are arguments that Joker can actually defeat Giorno despite MSS vs Universal AP. I want to know from some knowledgeable Persona fans if that is true.
Unfortunately it's only half-true. There isn't a scenario in existence that allows Ren to actually beat GER due to the latter's passive causality manip that prevents its user from dying, but it can be argued that Ren could get protection from Giorno's attacks as well via his high resistance/absorption/reflection of phys attacks w/ the omni orb/certain personas.

Basically, inconclusive can be argued but Ren winning is pretty much impossible.

LukaSolosYourVerse said:
Jasonsith said:
Unfortunately it's only half-true. There isn't a scenario in existence that allows Ren to actually beat GER due to the latter's passive causality manip that prevents its user from dying, but it can be argued that Ren could get protection from Giorno's attacks as well via his high resistance/absorption/reflection of phys attacks w/ the omni orb/certain personas.
Basically, inconclusive can be argued but Ren winning is pretty much impossible.
well really, Ren is low multi and blitzes the shit out of giorno before GER ever becomes a factor and he just brute forces it via being 4D vs 3D

"well really, Ren is low multi and blitzes the shit out of giorno before GER ever becomes a factor and he just brute forces it via being 4D vs 3D"

Low Multi isn't a speed.

Every Persona protag is 2-C. Well...maybe not Earring Boy, unless memory serves me incorrectly....

Back