• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Discussion Thread

The fact that there's no reason to believe that they are weaker. The twins being afraid of them just backs this up.

It'd be one thing if they had a counter feat or even an implication showing them to be millions of times weaker, but they have neither.

Logically as the older, more experienced siblings, they should at least be comparable. Lavenza is no different from Elizabeth and Margaret. She's just the youngest sibling.

Well, in case PQ2 is canon, then either everyone will be upgraded to 4-A, or maybe people will now think palaces are either reality warping or outliers to downgrade them.

Who knows, power levels change with time.

It would mean that both Minazuki and Sousei have Tsukiyomi as their Persona, not to mention said personas being something completely different from each other. Also, my bad, it was P4G that retconned it. Anyway, Atlus did say themselves that it wasn't canon.

Spoilers, but the Final Boss of the snow queen route should be scalable to Persona 3. So At least planet, relativistic. Also, i've heard some talk about her being comparable to yaldabaoth? can't confirm it for myself, though

I'm aware of it being Nyx, (Inadvertently spoiled that one for myself by looking at her page on the wiki). The difference, though is from what I gathered, it's the Persona version of Nyx rather than the actual entity from 3. Similar to how Nyarlathotep can appear as Kandori's and Reiji's Persona while still being a separate entity. I'll wait until I finish the Snow Queen quest to confirm or deny it though.

But what's this about Yaldabaoth?

@Edwellken

My P1 dudes look goood~

I know you haven't gotten to Snow Queen but in the bad end, she may have a possible 6-A or 5-B feat? "The world was englufed by the despair of the Eternal Night and everything faded to black and white...

...all in the name of everlasting beauty."

I don't think so tbh. Story-wise they didn't even make a dent in him and he just went and did what they set out to stop him from doing anyway. "Beating" him was game mechanics because Persona 3 needed a final boss.

@Scarlet I'll definitely have to watch the bad end after I beat the game. The "Bad end" in the SEBEC route was underwhelming to say the least, but Snow Queen's sounds pretty interesting.

I'm playing through Persona 5 and later 4 so I can become the true JoJo expert.

Why are they rated as 8-C in Persona 5? Kamoshida didn't make the palace; it was born out of his weird twisted desires. There is nothing to suggest that Shadow Kamoshida was born, clapped his hands, then made an entire palace. Furthermore because it is so vague, how do we even know he created it instantly?

A lot of these ratings are really shit to be honest.

My memory isn't the greatest when it comes to the earlier parts in 5, but iirc the palaces are sustained by the owner's Shadow Self, and they fall apart when the Shadow leaves.

But the palaces are also built up over time. It starts off as just shadows in moments then it grows and grows the longer it goes on, eventually corrupting a large area.

Uhh... I can't exactly restart the game now, lol.

Anyway it would need to be created BY the shadow instantly through a definable or reasonable method in order for it to scale 1-1 with tier and creation and what not.

Where was it said the shadows create them instantly, though? The whole point of shadows are to grow in strength the longer they have their twisted desires; that's why they start at Momentos and not a palace instantly.

You might be right actually. Still, maintaining the palace is a worthy feat in and of itself, though idk if that type of scaling works the same way.

Maybe make a CRT? I can't exactly help with early P5 stuff until I refresh my memory on it.

I hope that we didn't use this same inconclusive method for other games.

I might actually, only once I'm finished my last big JoJo revision.

A question for the more veteran members of this site:

Is there a "correct" way to "promote" calcs to be evaluated in the calc group?

Like for exemple, if several members ask for the same calc to evaluated at the same time will it have a higher chance to be evaluated or will it have the opposite effect since the members of the calc group could feel annoyed that several people ask for the same thing

Thank you in advance

I'm almost finished Persona 5. I have some questions.

It's never explained in the game but why are they called Persona's? Is it because it's a facet of their personality? In that case, the form they take (as mythological creatures and gods) are purely coincidental with their actual counterparts in SMT, right? Obviously the Persona Alice =/= SMT Alice.

Also because no timeframe for the creation feat of palaces are given it is wrong to assume they were created instantly or neigh instantly, which is required for a creation feat to scale to AP. Not only that but because of the inherent mechanics behind palaces existing is based on distorted desires it should raise even more doubts as nobody's desires become distorted in one day; it's something that takes place over a period of time.

Because of this I don't think you can scale them to palace size. Also Shido's palace was only the size of a boat yet he was undoubtedly stronger than Okumura who's palace was a "solar system" (I say that loosely because it seems to be a fake representation, almost cartoonish at times) so even if we use the given logic it still raises inconsistencies.

I did a quick look through and lots of the Persona verse is a shtshow to say the least. The best one is Persona 3 and I can say the feats should be ok from a cursory glance, but the worst is either Persona 1 or 2.

Persona is just the name given to them by Philemon, probably for the exact reason you stated. And no, Personas aren't demons, but it isn't entirely a coincidence that they take that form. Here's Igor's explanation from Innocent Sin.

Basically, since SMT gods/demons are born from mankind's beliefs, Personas, the representations of different facets of one's personality, are manifested in the same image. They're more like alternate versions of each other than anything.

I'm neutral on the palace creation thing, but there's still the fact the palaces are maintained by, and only exist through the power of the Shadow itself, regardless of whether the buildup to said power was a slow one. Feel free to make a CRT though. Even if the Shadows don't scale in the end, Yaldabaoth would still keep his rating for the creation of Mementos as a whole.

I created the Persona 1 profiles just recently and the justifications for their stats are in this blog. If you think something's inaccurate feel free to bring it up either here or there.

Persona 2 profiles on the other hand... are at best a mess, and at worst inaccurate. I plan on making a revision thread once I've finished the games.

Back