• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyx (Persona) vs Axiom/Great Reason (SMT) - Not a matchup!

Forgive me for anything that I might misinterpret since I'm relatively new, so I may use descriptions that are maybe not completely accurate, regardless I would appreciate an explanation if possible.

Is Nyx (Persona 3) a "being" that exists "outside" (The Amala Multiverse?)

and

Is the Axiom or Great Reason the collective unconscious of the Amala Multiverse?

Is this similar to the idea of the Chicken or the Egg Paradox? (Who created who first?) Or are they one in the same?

- At the same time, I could be completely wrong given my insufficient understanding. Answers would be helpful!

This official club book explains Nyx and gives info on things not stated in the original game, so it could be helpful
Thanks!

But I also understand that the individuals who went over the SMT & Persona Profiles on this site combined the two "game entries" to explain the connection between Personas, Demons, Etc.

The Club Book doesn't directly explain how mainline SMT is impacted by NYX to my understanding
- (For example the Axiom itself is not directly mentioned)?

I was wondering if this was already reconciled at one point and I don't know how to PING those people, without breaking any rules, who might be able to give a more concise explanation without linking the HUGE blog on this site! (if possible)

In short, the Axiom is just SMT's name for the Collective Unconscious and both utilize the same foundational framework for existence.

Nyx is an extremely strong diety who represents many hats from the Mother archetype (thus a creation role), the Death/Night archetype as found in P3, and her role as a cosmic egg (this concept being found in SMT SJ and SMT 4). Thus she is still a subset of the Axiom/CU.

I'm not sure where her existing outside of the universe comes from.

Back