• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise's Power scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that Pennywise has gone from 2-A to 1-A. I am making this thread to express my disagreement in his new power scale tier. While Pennywise is an immensely powerful entity, he's only (arguably) omnipotent in The Macroverse. The Macroverse is essentially a void that exists outside of the Universe. Pennywise has the ability to manifest through various avatars within the scope of the universe, but has limited power, and acts largely on his fear based illusions.

To scale on a similar level, SHuman Gorath, a similarly powered entity, is classified as 2-A within his world. SHuman's Cancerverse is comprised of multiple universes within itself.

When looking at Tier 1-A entities, we see multiversal entities such as Living Tribunal and Oblivion; who, when comparing powers with, have demonstrated multiversal abilities.

In fairness, I believe 2-A is an appropriate tier for Pennywise.

First off, 1-A isn't omnipotence, it's just a scale of power beyond all concepts of dimensions.

Secondly, Pennywise's justification is existing outside the dark tower which appears to be a structure of infinite layers, with each layer having a multiverse that is transcended by the layer above, it's not for merely existing outside one universe.

Also bringing up characters from an unrelated franchise and insisting they are in a similar situation is usually not going to be a good way to refute statistics, a much better idea is reading what the ratings we assign to a character means and showing if the information from the actual franchise you're revising is in line with it or not

Outerverse (Explanation of 1-A)

Thread:3262225 (Revision that got Pennywise into 1-A)

This is the type of thing I'm going to have to put up with from now on...

None of the above-mentioned details in the OP properly refute 1-A at all, and the Marvel characters mentioned are irrelevant to Pennywise's rating. Part of this also appears to be using the limits of the manifestation in Derry to disprove the rating of Its true form, which is inherently fallacious for obvious reasons.

I too highly recommend reading the information Andy has linked. It should help you gain a lot of insight on why this being is rated the way it is.

I read the response. I admit that I did not see the thread prior to that inquiry that I made here. I wasn't sure if IT's outerversal characteristics; however it makes sense. Thanks for the clarity.

No problem. I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

This seems to be resolved now, so I'm going to go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back