• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise revisions, part 2 (Hax, weaknesses, ?): We all float down here, Georgie.

I don't know this Knowledge list, but the basis of a VS, and more specifically a debate about feats and proofs, is to provide evidence, at no time are people outside of that asking for evidence have to go check themselves for you, it's almost universal logic ...

Same, how will I be able to meet Anglophone listenings while I'm almost full French ? It's technically not for me to look for you but for you to prove your statement, just logical, and I don't see the report with the fact of being interested in the characters and the obligation to know them, a lot of people can ask the source of the feats and haxs of a person without knowing it, that's a bit why the Wikia as VSB or Wiki Create Garden exist ...

">You aren't competent enough (Without disrespect) to be able to prove what you are saying?

If we're so incompetent then go read the book and discredit us then instead of moaning here."

This is precisely the problem I am listing

Andytrenom said:
I don't know about actually debating a character you aren't familiar with
In itself, lots of VS "welcome" people from abroad to the characters presented, who ask the satts and haxs as well as the proofs at times, it is the duty of the one who makes the VS to give the sources of at least the characters he knows

Andytrenom said:
@King If it's just you writing the quotes here yourself, I actually think it's valid to not consider those as evidence.
This is exactly what I want to make me take into account, but if I get at least links to valid sources citing the novels with certainty, it's good

Enigma Star said:
Andytrenom said:
I don't know about actually debating a character you aren't familiar with
In itself, lots of VS "welcome" people from abroad to the characters presented, who ask the satts and haxs as well as the proofs at times, it is the duty of the one who makes the VS to give the sources of at least the characters he knows
I mean, that didn't answer her at all it was basically "Well everyone can do verses debating so I'll debate characters I don't know about."

If the whole novel is in the link provied by MrKing I can hunt for the quotes for everything I listed since I read the book recently so I can do it easily, I guess.

However, the technology manipulation part is the only one Idk about since apparently comes from scaling to other psychics.

@MrKing

Feel free to unlock the page for PaChi to edit.

PaChi2 said:
If the whole novel is in the link provied by MrKing I can hunt for the quotes for everything I listed since I read the book recently so I can do it easily, I guess.
However, the technology manipulation part is the only one Idk about since apparently comes from scaling to other psychics.
What about the camera scene? Where Pennywise was manipulating the camera to keep changing pictures and to scale the shit out of the kids and cinema goers alike.

That camera bit is a film scene. To my recollection, it doesn't happen in the book. (Or if it does, it doesn't happen the same way that scene panned out in the film)

The main thing about tech manip is that on top of appearing inside of a television in one scene, Pennywise turned the TV on remotely beforehand, and also turned the lights to the bathroom on before that. It/she was not shown anywhere near these things when they came on:

The bathroom light suddenly went on; she could see it under the door. Then the latch clicked and the door juddered open. She stared at this, eyes widening, arms instinctively crossing over her breasts again. Her heart began to slam against her ribcage and the sour taste of adrenaline flooded her mouth.

That voice, low and dragging, said: "We all float down here, Audra." The last word became a long, low, fading scream—Audraaaaa—that ended once again in that sick, clogged, bubbly sound that was so much like laughter.

"Who's there?" she cried, backing away. That wasn't my imagination, no way, you're not going to tell me that—

The TV clicked on. She whirled around and saw a clown in a silvery suit with big orange buttons capering around on the screen. There were black sockets where its eyes should have been, and when its made-up lips stretched even wider in a grin, she saw teeth like razors. It held up a dripping, severed head. Its eyes were turned up to the whites and the mouth sagged open, but she could see well enough that it was Freddie Firestone's head. The clown laughed and danced. It swung the head around and drops of blood splashed against the inside of the TV screen. She could hear them sizzling in there.

Audra tried to scream and nothing came out but a little whine. She grabbed blindly for the dress lying over the back of the chair, and for her purse. She bolted into the hall and slammed the door behind her, gasping, her face paper-white. She dropped the purse between her feet and slipped the dress over her head.

"Float," a low, chuckling voice said from behind her, and she felt a cold finger caress her bare heel.
~ IT​
The actual "clown in the TV screen" part is Immersion, but turning the television on remotely wouldn't fall under that.

Also, the scaling to others comes from the fact that other psychics who have lesser powers than Pennywise have shown similar and even greater technological manipulation feats. Flagg has telepathically reanimated speakers and unlocked security gates before and can apparently fry circuits with just his voice, and both Dinky Earnshaw and Ted Brautigan have telepathically manipulated Old Ones technology, despite being from present-day Earth and having never encountered any of said tech beforehand. A lot of these psychics who appear in Stephen King's books share similar basic characteristics and have powers that follow many of the same vaguely defined rules, so it stands to reason that Pennywise would be no different.

Question: Has the Deadlight's Type 3 Madness Manipulation ever worked on 1-As? If it hasn't, then it dosn't have 1-A potency like many people have said it does.

Have the accepted changes been applied here yet.

I have been busy. This week it will be applied, just a little more patience. Im looking for the quotes.

Did Maturin die of old age? I thought he "choked on a galaxy". It seems like a pretty bad explanation, but it's the only one we get from what I remember

• You called, all right, but You weren't the only one—your friend the Turtle...he died a few years ago. The old idiot puked inside his shell and choked to death on a galaxy or two. Very sad, don't you think? But also quite bizarre, deserves a place in Ripley's Believe It or Not, that's what I think, happened right around the same time you had that writer's block, you must have felt him go, Little Buddy.
I can also provide some quotes if you'd like.

Huh, I may have misremembeted the translation, because iirc the turtle vomited the galaxies and died.

Im fine with Type 1 remaining, you know.

That's something of an inconsistency within the greater canon of King's books, anyway. If you go by the end of IT, Maturin is dead (Bill is even implied to have seen his corpse at one point), but if you go by the DT books (which evidence suggests take place after IT, part of said evidence being that the actual publication of IT as a novel is referenced multiple times in canon), Maturin is still alive and well. Somehow.

It seems like MrKing can handle this thread without my help, so I will unsubscribe due to time constraints. You can message me later if you need my help.

It doesn't seem like Pennywise was lying, not in context. As I mentioned already, Bill actually sees (or at the very least is implied to see) Maturin's corpse on his way towards the Deadlights during the second Ritual, and starts crying out that the Turtle is dead.

...Anyway, these revisions are pretty much over with. Once PaChi has gathered all the quotes he wants (which is his prerogative), someone can let me know and I'll unlock the profile for him so he can make the changes.

I don't know where that comes from. I'm pretty sure I said that once already, if not here, then somewhere else.

Back