• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Penny vs Godzilla (RWBY vs Godzilla)

Her sensors don’t mean anything here, she would already know it’s an attack, the people in the show already knew it was an attack. How does having more confirmation that it’s an attack help her move out of the way. When it’s a small skyscraper wide AoE and speed is equalized.

Actually Penny's mind comes from a ai

Penny and her personality operated under an AI before she was turned into a Human.[7]

She was fighting back because of her soul, not mind
It appears that Penny's mind is actually based on AI rather than a human consciousness as i previously understood. This would mean that Snowzilla's memory manip ability may not work on her after all as she is not technically a living being with memories. However Snowzilla's powerful attacks and durability would still pose a significant threat to Penny, and it is possible that he could still overpower her with brute force.

Reading the quote, I don’t see why the ai part would mean everything about her is Ai. Especially since Volume 8 makes zero sense if her personality is purely mechanic 1) how did she resist going off to kill herself if her mind is 100% ai, her ai is what told her to go die, 2) why would anyone care if penny died if her personality is purely from Ai, what stops people from just making another machine with that ai (what would Pietro’s aura actually be doing if her mind comes from Ai, what life is he giving her).

Though that’s probably a discussion for either my or your wall (or a question and answer thread).

Change my vote for inconclusive right now. I’ll vote later after discussioning that.
It's possible that the quote is referring to Penny's initial creation as a robot with an AI before she was given a human soul, rather than her current state as a cyborg with both mechanical and human components. However the specifics of how her conscioussnes works are not entirely clear, and may be left somewhat vague for narrative purposes.

Regarding your points about Volume 8, it's possible that Penny's resistance to her programming was due to a combination of her AI programming and her human soul/personality. Additionally, even if her personality is derived from an AI its possible that Pietro's aura is still needed to power and sustain her cyborg body. These are all open to interpretation and speculation of course.
It's her soul fighting back, not her mind, her soul is what makes her human

I'm pretty sure a soul is different from your mind
That's correct in RWBY verse a person's "soul" is a manifestation of their aura, which is described as the manifestation of their spirit or life force. The soul is often depicted as the source of a person's personality and conscioussnes, which is seperate from their physical body and brain. Therefore while Penny's conscioussnes is based on AI, her soul or aura is what gives her a sense of self and humanity👍

Penny controlling her actions with her soul in and of itself means her mind and soul are a linked thing. Her personality, desires, and ability to control actions (the mind) comes from her soul (as evidence by her ai part wanting to go explode when she doesn’t want to, she actively doesn’t, and her being horrified of the prospect).

Edit: I’ll make a QnA on it. Because if Penny’s personality and desires come purely from her soul that would effect everyone in Rwby since her soul is the same as everyone else’s.
It's possible that Penny's mind and soul are linked, but it ultimately depends om how one defines and interprets those terms. In RWBY its established that the soul is the source of a persons Aura, which is a manifestation of their life force and can be used to perform various abilities. It's also suggested that the soul is connected to a persons personality and identity but its not entirely clear how much of that is directly tied to the soul versus the mind.

As for Penny, her creation involved combining a mechanical body with an Aura-based AI, which allowed her to develop a unique personality and conscioussnes. However its unclear how much of that conscioussnes is based on the AI's programming versus Penny's own soul. It's possible that her soul provides the core of her personality and desires, while the AI provides the framework for her thoughs and actions.

Ultimately the distinction between mind and soul is a philosophical one, and different interpretations may lead to different conclusions about how Penny's conscioussnes works.

I mean, even if she has her own mind it wouldnt really matter because her aura will be blocking the snow that causes the memory loss
That is a good point. Pennys aura may be able to protect her from the memory loss effect of Snowzilla's breath attack. As Aura in RWBY is shown to be able to protect individuals from various forms of harm, including physical attacks and magical powers. However, it is unclear if Penny's aura would be able to fully protect her from the memory loss effect of Snowzilla's breath attack, as the attack is shown to be very powerful and has been effective against other opponents innthe Godzilla verse. Additionally, if Snowzillanis able to physically harm Penny with his attacks it is possible that her Aura could be depleted and render her vulnerable to the memory loss effect.

It isn’t the snow though, it’s Glowing Particles. Plus they affected the pilot of a mech despite only hitting the mech, and aura specifically doesn’t block other mind altering effects (including memory manipulation).
You're correct that it's glowing particles and not snow that cause the memory loss in Snowzilla's breath attack. And you are also correct that Aura in RWBY doesn't necessarily block all mind-altering effects.

In the case of the memory loss caused from Snowzilla's breath attack, it's unclear whether Penny's aura would provide any protection. While aura can block some types of attacks, such as physical ones or some forms of energy attacks, its not a universal shield that can block all attacks.

Based on what we have seen in the show, it's possible that Penny's aura might provide some resistance to Snowzilla's memory loss breath attack, but it's not certain. It's also possible that the attack could simply bypass her aura and affect her directly.
It does though, it blocks possession
You're right that aura can block possesion, but memory manip is a different type of mind-altering effect. While possesion involves another entity taking control of someone's body. Memory manip involves altering someones memories and perception of events.

Aura is not shown to offer complete protection against all types of mind-altering effects. For example, im Volume 4, Episode 7, Weiss is affected by a Grimm that emits a powerful fear aura, despite her aura being active. Additionally im Volume 6 Episode 6, Emerald is able to use her Semblance to manipulate Jaune's perception of reality, even though he has his aura active.

Given these examples. It's reasonable to assume that Penny's aura may not completely protect her from Snowzilla's memory manip abilities.

(Sorry you all for the long text but i prefer to give all my answers in one wall instead of spamming messages. I hope it doesnt annoy you🙏).

Fly to where? Nothing stops Godzilla from just shooting at her once the charge is up. He can keep moving his head to follow Penny’s general movements before firing.
Away? Left, right, up, down, Godzilla needs to actively track her with his head to keep the beam firing at her, which works very much against him in this fight due to his larger size, even with equal speed he still has to cover a significantly larger distance than Penny in order to track her with his attacks.
And once he does fire she’s would have to move hundreds of meters out of the way in a speed equalized match, she wouldn’t be able to.
Speed Equalized only equalizes combat and reaction speeds actually, everything else just gets knocked down proportionally. Godzilla only has Supersonic attack speed against someone who can react to lightspeed attacks, she would absolutely be able to get out of the way.
Edit: A hundred meters is still cartoonishly large. If someone is willing to actually calculate precisely how wide the beam is that would be good (though it looks quiet a bit larger than Godzilla to me, personally).

Edit: Even assuming it’s only a hundred meters, I still hold on to this opinion, speed is equalized, traveling a hundred meters to get out of the way would be stupidly hard.
It would be a few meters at best. Godzilla is 118 meters LONG, the beam is the same diameter as his head. For reference:
EcAZsMBUEAAEf3a

Godzilla doesn’t need super good skill or accuracy here. As long as he fired towards her location he should hit, the AoE is just way too big here to dodge.
The AoE is a few meters at best, that is easy to dodge for a smaller, vastly more agile target.
The only time we’ve seen a maiden make a shield is Winter (and I know we current count that ice and fire aura cinder and raven made as a shield, but 1) those never blocked anything, 2) they dispersed in one hit, a hit that did no damage to either Raven nor cinder), a shield made out of ice which is something Winter prefers to use. There are many times a shield would have been extremely helpful for penny and she just never uses it.
Winter, Raven, Cinder, Amber, and Penny have all made forcefields

Her sensors don’t mean anything here, she would already know it’s an attack, the people in the show already knew it was an attack. How does having more confirmation that it’s an attack help her move out of the way. When it’s a small skyscraper wide AoE and speed is equalized.
You are vastly exaggerating the small beam that Godzilla is shown to use in this incarnation my guy

It appears that Penny's mind is actually based on AI rather than a human consciousness as i previously understood. This would mean that Snowzilla's memory manip ability may not work on her after all as she is not technically a living being with memories. However Snowzilla's powerful attacks and durability would still pose a significant threat to Penny, and it is possible that he could still overpower her with brute force.
I mean, from a purely stat-based standpoint they are literally equal in terms of AP and durability, and Penny is physically several thousands of times stronger, but Penny has added durability from her aura and can amp her power with her magic,
It's possible that the quote is referring to Penny's initial creation as a robot with an AI before she was given a human soul, rather than her current state as a cyborg with both mechanical and human components. However the specifics of how her conscioussnes works are not entirely clear, and may be left somewhat vague for narrative purposes.
She doesnt have any human components, she is 100% mechanical physically
That is a good point. Pennys aura may be able to protect her from the memory loss effect of Snowzilla's breath attack. As Aura in RWBY is shown to be able to protect individuals from various forms of harm, including physical attacks and magical powers. However, it is unclear if Penny's aura would be able to fully protect her from the memory loss effect of Snowzilla's breath attack, as the attack is shown to be very powerful and has been effective against other opponents innthe Godzilla verse. Additionally, if Snowzillanis able to physically harm Penny with his attacks it is possible that her Aura could be depleted and render her vulnerable to the memory loss effect.

You're correct that it's glowing particles and not snow that cause the memory loss in Snowzilla's breath attack. And you are also correct that Aura in RWBY doesn't necessarily block all mind-altering effects.

In the case of the memory loss caused from Snowzilla's breath attack, it's unclear whether Penny's aura would provide any protection. While aura can block some types of attacks, such as physical ones or some forms of energy attacks, its not a universal shield that can block all attacks.

Based on what we have seen in the show, it's possible that Penny's aura might provide some resistance to Snowzilla's memory loss breath attack, but it's not certain. It's also possible that the attack could simply bypass her aura and affect her directly.

You're right that aura can block possesion, but memory manip is a different type of mind-altering effect. While possesion involves another entity taking control of someone's body. Memory manip involves altering someones memories and perception of events.

Aura is not shown to offer complete protection against all types of mind-altering effects. For example, im Volume 4, Episode 7, Weiss is affected by a Grimm that emits a powerful fear aura, despite her aura being active. Additionally im Volume 6 Episode 6, Emerald is able to use her Semblance to manipulate Jaune's perception of reality, even though he has his aura active.

Given these examples. It's reasonable to assume that Penny's aura may not completely protect her from Snowzilla's memory manip abilities.
The difference here is that Snow Godzilla's memory hax is based entirely on making contact with the opponent in order to affect their mind, which is different from the mind hax in RWBY which doesnt require this.

I won't be able to respone for a while after this but 1) No his beam doesn't need to make 100% contact, it hit the mech and that effected the pilot inside of it. 2) Penny going for grab with her strength would be the worst thing she could do here (which is a good thing she won't) because it just puts her right next to the giant aoe (which, I'll talk about its size later), 3) she's mechanic, but has a soul, and I'm pretty sure that soul would either count as a mind here (or rwby's souls need to be talked about, through I want to make a thread on that).

Honestly penny wins really easily if her mind and soul are different (though I highly doubt it since she would have blown herself up if they weren't, and there are a few other things I want to bring up), so I would like to drop any conversation about this thread, so I can go make the mind/soul thread later today, then come back after that,

I mean, from a purely stat-based standpoint they are literally equal in terms of AP and durability, and Penny is physically several thousands of times stronger, but Penny has added durability from her aura and can amp her power with her magic,

She doesnt have any human components, she is 100% mechanical physically

The difference here is that Snow Godzilla's memory hax is based entirely on making contact with the opponent in order to affect their mind, which is different from the mind hax in RWBY which doesnt require this.
1. I see what you mean. Its true that Penny has the advantage of durability through, her aura and the potential to enhance her strength with her magic. However, Snowzilla's attacks are still incredibly powerful, and has a few abilities, such as his breath attack and the ability to teleport, that could potentially give him an edge in the fight.

Its also worth considering that even if Penny has an advantage in some areas, Snowzilla's sheer size and strength could still make him a formidable opponent.

2. Thank you for the correction. From what i understand, Penny is indeed a fully mechanical being created by her father, Pietro Polendina and is powered by a special energy source called a "soul". This energy source is what gives Penny her unique abilities, including her ability to generate swords from her limbs and project energy blasts. While Penny has a human-like personality and is capable of emotions, her physical body is entirely mechanical.

3. That's a fair point. Based on what we have seen of Snowzilla's memory hax abilities. It does seem that physical contact is necessary for the effect to take place. In contrast the mind-hax abilities in RWBY do not necessarily require physical contact, and can affect the target from a distance. However, it's worth noting that we don't know the full extent of Snowzilla's abilities and whether there are other ways for him to affect his opponents minds beyond physical contact.

1. I see what you mean. Its true that Penny has the advantage of durability through, her aura and the potential to enhance her strength with her magic. However, Snowzilla's attacks are still incredibly powerful, and has a few abilities, such as his breath attack and the ability to teleport, that could potentially give him an edge in the fight.

Its also worth considering that even if Penny has an advantage in some areas, Snowzilla's sheer size and strength could still make him a formidable opponent.
I mean, Penny has lasers of comparable size and equal power, and this wouldnt be the first time RWBY has seen a gigantic, laser-breathing lizard monster

Also, again, Penny is the stronger one here, her physical strength is Class G (45053554257.52 kg), while Godzilla's is only Class M (9810000 kg), Penny is 4600x stronger than Godzilla
2. Thank you for the correction. From what i understand, Penny is indeed a fully mechanical being created by her father, Pietro Polendina and is powered by a special energy source called a "soul". This energy source is what gives Penny her unique abilities, including her ability to generate swords from her limbs and project energy blasts. While Penny has a human-like personality and is capable of emotions, her physical body is entirely mechanical.
Ye
3. That's a fair point. Based on what we have seen of Snowzilla's memory hax abilities. It does seem that physical contact is necessary for the effect to take place. In contrast the mind-hax abilities in RWBY do not necessarily require physical contact, and can affect the target from a distance. However, it's worth noting that we don't know the full extent of Snowzilla's abilities and whether there are other ways for him to affect his opponents minds beyond physical contact.
Of note, Penny's mechanical mind has allowed her to overcome mind hax before

So really it comes more down to if SG can actually memory hax a purely mechanical opponent

I mean, Penny has lasers of comparable size and equal power, and this wouldnt be the first time RWBY has seen a gigantic, laser-breathing lizard monster

Also, again, Penny is the stronger one here, her physical strength is Class G (45053554257.52 kg), while Godzilla's is only Class M (9810000 kg), Penny is 4600x stronger than Godzilla

Ye

So really it comes more down to if SG can actually memory hax a purely mechanical opponent

1) While its true that Penny has comparable lasers and has displayed immense physical strength, it's worth noting that Snowzilla's durability feats are incredibly impressive as well. In the movies he has taken hits from other kaiju and even withstood a nuclear explosion.

Also strength alone isnt always the deciding factor in a fight, especially when dealing with opponents who have vastly different abilities and powers. Snowzilla's abilities, such as his breath attack and teleportation, could give him a significant advantage in the fight.

Its also worth considering the terrain of the fight. If the battle takes place in a heavily urban area, Snowzilla's size could give him an advantage in maneuvering around buildings and obstacles.

While, Penny definitely has some impressive stats and abilities the fight between her and Snowzilla could still be a very close one.

It is difficult to say for certain as we dont have any examples of Snowzilla attempting to use his memory-hax abilities on a purely mechanical opponent. However, based on the mechanics of his memory-hax ability as shown in the movie, it seems like that it would only affect beings with organic brains and conscioussnes. As you mentioned earlier, Penny's mind comes from an AI, and its unclear if Snowzilla's memory-hax would be effective against an AI. Additionally, Penny's aura could potentially protect her from the memory-hax as it has been shown to block others forms of mind manipulation in the RWBY verse.

1) While its true that Penny has comparable lasers and has displayed immense physical strength, it's worth noting that Snowzilla's durability feats are incredibly impressive as well. In the movies he has taken hits from other kaiju and even withstood a nuclear explosion.
I mean, so did the cast in volume 8, and Penny is significantly more durable than them

Also strength alone isnt always the deciding factor in a fight, especially when dealing with opponents who have vastly different abilities and powers. Snowzilla's abilities, such as his breath attack and teleportation, could give him a significant advantage in the fight.
Is his teleportation even useful for a fight? All the scenes ive seen him use it are just him running away from the fight and then coming back way later.
Its also worth considering the terrain of the fight. If the battle takes place in a heavily urban area, Snowzilla's size could give him an advantage in maneuvering around buildings and obstacles.
Yes but it also gives Penny a lot of opportunities to find cover and hide if need be, which will help her as she has x-ray vision and can just attack through buildings

I’m going on a very long car ride right now, so this will be my last comment of the night. Resisting possession doesn’t give you resistance to anything else. They resist possession, that’s it, Rwby characters don’t resist other mental effects. A character specifically has memory erasure in Rwby and it goes off without a hitch even when against people with aura.

When it comes to the thread I plan on making (latest by tomorrow), here are what I believe could be the results of it:

Option 1) Penny’s mind is mechanical, but it can be controlled by her soul.
Option 2) Rwby has the mind and soul connected. Penny has an ai that was made, but she also has her own consciousness coming from her soul (as shown by when her ai was completely taken over and told to self destruct, she had a part of herself that disagreed, prevented it, and was horrified by the thought).
Option 3) Rwby’s consciousness comes purely from the soul and the verse’s mind manipulation should be changed to soul manipulation with mind altering effects (Coming from penny getting her personality, desires, and thoughts from her soul, when Penny’s soul went to winter it had thoughts, feelings, desires, and personality, Ozpin’s soul (just straight up in the afterlife if I remember that scene correctly) was also shown to have a consciousness with its own thoughts, feelings, memories, etc., and the aura transfer machine which transfer aura (like in the soul aura not the shield aura) to people. It would transfer the maiden powers which usually transfer by thought).

That will be for another thread, I just bring it up to explain what I’m thinking about when it comes to the thread I’m going to make.

I mean, so did the cast in volume 8, and Penny is significantly more durable than them

That's true, Penny is a very durable character and has withstood attacks from some powerful opponents in the past. However we still can't say for certain how effective Snowzilla's memory hax would be against her, especially since it seems to work in a unique way that isn't seen in RWBY verse. Its possible that her mechanical nature could make her immune, but we just dont have enough info to say for sure.

Is his teleportation even useful for a fight? All the scenes ive seen him use it are just him running away from the fight and then coming back way later.

Yes but it also gives Penny a lot of opportunities to find cover and hide if need be, which will help her as she has x-ray vision and can just attack through buildings
1) From what i know, Snowzilla's teleportation has been used both offensively and defensively in his fights. In his battle with Jet Jaguar, Snowzilla used his teleportation to quickly move around the battlefield and dodge Jet Jaguar's attacks. He also used his teleportation to suddenly appear in front of Jet Jaguar and deliver a powerful blast of his ice breath. However its worth noting that teleportation can be limited in a fight if its restricted to that extent.

2) That's a good point. Penny's ability to hide and attack through cover could give her an advantage in a fight against Snowzilla. Snowzilla's teleportation could allow him to evade some of Penny's attacks, but he would have to close in on her eventually to land a hit, and Penny's physical strength and durability would make it difficult for him to take her down in close combat.

1) From what i know, Snowzilla's teleportation has been used both offensively and defensively in his fights. In his battle with Jet Jaguar, Snowzilla used his teleportation to quickly move around the battlefield and dodge Jet Jaguar's attacks. He also used his teleportation to suddenly appear in front of Jet Jaguar and deliver a powerful blast of his ice breath. However its worth noting that teleportation can be limited in a fight if its restricted to that extent.

Are you sure youre thinking of the same Godzilla? Jet Jaguar wasnt in this movie and from all the clips i can find Snow Godzilla only ever uses teleportation for travel, not combat.

Are you sure youre thinking of the same Godzilla? Jet Jaguar wasnt in this movie and from all the clips i can find Snow Godzilla only ever uses teleportation for travel, not combat.

My apologies, it seems there was a misscommunication on my part. You are correct, Jet Jaguar does not appear in this particular movie and Snowzilla does not use teleportation in combat. Thank you for bringing this to my attention🗿

Just bringing up that Penny's Transmutation resistance was recently removed, so that might change the outcome of this fight.

Back