• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Penny vs Godzilla (RWBY vs Godzilla)

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and both are low 7-B and in character. The battle takes place in mantel

Story: Snow Godzilla breaks free from the mountains behind mantle and Atlas and starts to attack mantal, so the protecter of mantel is here to stop this monster that she thinks is a grimm

Snow Godzilla:
Penny Polendina: 8
Icon:

Last edited:
Penny has type 8 immortality, so i assume Snow Godzilla would have no way to kill her, but i'll wait for more input.

This would be a difficult battle for Penny to win, as Snow Godzilla is a powerful and massive creature with immense strength and durability. Even with speed equalized, it would be difficult for Penny to land a significant blow on Snow Godzilla

While Penny has a variety of weapons and abilities at her disposal, including her swords, guns, and her ability to generate electromagnetic fields, it is unlikely that these would be enough to defeat Snow Godzilla. Snow Godzilla's atomic breath and physical attacks are incredibly powerful and can cause significant damage.

Furthermore Snow Godzilla has survived nuclear explosions and other attacks that would be lethal to most other creatures, indicating that he has incredibly high durability.

IMO it is likely that Snow Godzilla would emerge victorious in this battle due to his immense size, strength, and durability which would make it difficult for Penny to deal significant damage.

Voting Snow Godzilla

This would be a difficult battle for Penny to win, as Snow Godzilla is a powerful and massive creature with immense strength and durability. Even with speed equalized, it would be difficult for Penny to land a significant blow on Snow Godzilla

While Penny has a variety of weapons and abilities at her disposal, including her swords, guns, and her ability to generate electromagnetic fields, it is unlikely that these would be enough to defeat Snow Godzilla. Snow Godzilla's atomic breath and physical attacks are incredibly powerful and can cause significant damage.
You are aware that power-wise theyre literally dead even right? Both of them upscale from 2.7 megatons in AP and durability, Penny wouldnt have any issue harming Snow Godzilla, especially considering bladed attacks and cutting lasers are her main methods of attack, as well as being able to amp the power of her lasers with lightning and amp her physical power with her magic.
Furthermore Snow Godzilla has survived nuclear explosions and other attacks that would be lethal to most other creatures, indicating that he has incredibly high durability.
So did half of the main cast in Volume 8 of RWBY.
IMO it is likely that Snow Godzilla would emerge victorious in this battle due to his immense size, strength, and durability which would make it difficult for Penny to deal significant damage.

Voting Snow Godzilla
Size would be an active detriment here, it just makes him a bigger target, and Penny is actually physically stronger, Snow Godzilla is only Class M to Penny's Class G

You are aware that power-wise theyre literally dead even right? Both of them upscale from 2.7 megatons in AP and durability, Penny wouldnt have any issue harming Snow Godzilla, especially considering bladed attacks and cutting lasers are her main methods of attack, as well as being able to amp the power of her lasers with lightning and amp her physical power with her magic.

So did half of the main cast in Volume 8 of RWBY.

Size would be an active detriment here, it just makes him a bigger target, and Penny is actually physically stronger, Snow Godzilla is only Class M to Penny's Class G
I apologize for my earlier response i didn't knew the difference in AP was not that far. You are correct, in terms of power and durability Penny and Snow Godzilla appear to be fairly evenly matched both capable of causing and withstanding attacks in the range of several megatons. Given that Penny has a variety of weapons and abilities at her disposal as i mentioned earlier it is possible she could deal significant damage to Snow Godzilla with her bladed attacks and cutting lasers. Additionaly her ability to amp the power of her lasers with lightning and her physical power with her magic could give her an edge in this battle.

On the other side Snow Godzilla's atomic breath and physical attacks are still incredibly powerful and could pose a significant threat to Penny, even with her abilities it would ultimately come down to how effectively Penny is able to evade Snow Godzilla's attacks while landing her own, and whether she can find a way to exploit any weaknesses in Godzilla's defenses.

I apologize for my earlier response i didn't knew the difference in AP was not that far. You are correct, in terms of power and durability Penny and Snow Godzilla appear to be fairly evenly matched both capable of causing and withstanding attacks in the range of several megatons. Given that Penny has a variety of weapons and abilities at her disposal as i mentioned earlier it is possible she could deal significant damage to Snow Godzilla with her bladed attacks and cutting lasers. Additionaly her ability to amp the power of her lasers with lightning and her physical power with her magic could give her an edge in this battle.

On the other side Snow Godzilla's atomic breath and physical attacks are still incredibly powerful and could pose a significant threat to Penny, even with her abilities it would ultimately come down to how effectively Penny is able to evade Snow Godzilla's attacks while landing her own, and whether she can find a way to exploit any weaknesses in Godzilla's defenses.
Its all good ^-^

But yeah, the fact that Penny is a super small, fast-moving flying opponent would already make it very hard for Godzilla to land a hit on her. Couple that with her passive forcefield that is more durable than herself, her information analysis capable of instantly understanding stuff just by looking at it for a few seconds, her ability to run simulations of combat scenarios through her supercomputer brain, etc. and Snow Goji is going to have a rough time.

Its all good ^-^

But yeah, the fact that Penny is a super small, fast-moving flying opponent would already make it very hard for Godzilla to land a hit on her. Couple that with her passive forcefield that is more durable than herself, her information analysis capable of instantly understanding stuff just by looking at it for a few seconds, her ability to run simulations of combat scenarios through her supercomputer brain, etc. and Snow Goji is going to have a rough time.
Yes you are right. Penny's small size, speed, and flight capabilities would make it challenging for Snow Godzilla to land a hit on her. Additionaly, her advanced technological capabilities and strategic thinking would give her an advantage on analyzing and adapting to Snow Godzilla's attacks.

Overall it seems that Penny would have a reasonable chance of defeating Snow Godzilla in this scenario, as her unique abilities and weaponry could allow her to exploit weaknesses in Snow Godzilla's defenses while avoiding his powerful attacks. However the outcome of the battle would ultimately depend on how well Penny is able to utilize her abilities and tactics in the face of Snow Godzilla's immense power and durability.

I always hate how everyone loves to bring up the negatives of large size, while never talking about the positives.

Yeah they are a larger target, but their attacks are also massive. Plus if you jab your human sized weapon into a very large creature you’re going to be stabbing like 0.0001% of its actual body, thus dealing practically no damage. Penny isn’t going to be cutting through all his mass like wet paper, he has durability equal to her ap.

Now I’m still leaning towards Penny because her lasers do have the range to pierce into Snow Godzilla and she has shields to tank his attacks longer than he could survive hers. But it entirely depends on whether his hack truly does work on only organic creatures (though his foes seem to be mechs so I would find it super strange if it shown not to work on them).

Voting Penny now but I could change my vote depending on whether her inorganic nature actually matters or not.

I always hate how everyone loves to bring up the negatives of large size, while never talking about the positives.

Yeah they are a larger target, but their attacks are also massive. Plus if you jab your human sized weapon into a very large creature you’re going to be stabbing like 0.0001% of its actual body, thus dealing practically no damage. Penny isn’t going to be cutting through all his mass like wet paper, he has durability equal to her ap.

Now I’m still leaning towards Penny because her lasers do have the range to pierce into Snow Godzilla and she has shields to tank his attacks longer than he could survive hers. But it entirely depends on whether his hack truly does work on only organic creatures (though his foes seem to be mechs so I would find it super strange if it shown not to work on them).

Voting Penny now but I could change my vote depending on whether her inorganic nature actually matters or not.
You make a good point about the benefits of a large size, particularly in terms of the strength and size of an opponents attacks. In this case, Snow Godzilla's massive physical attacks and atomic breath could certainly pose a significant threat to Penny, and her attacks may not be as effective in dealing damage to his entire body.

However, as you noted, Penny's range and shielding capabilities could give her an advantage in the battle. Her ability to generate electromagnetic fields and amp her lasers with lightning could allow her to pierce Snow Godzilla's defenses and deal significant damage from a safe distance, while her forcefield and strategic thinking could help her withstand his attacks.

Regarding Snow Godzilla's hacking abilities. Its unclear whether they would work on Penny given her inorganic nature. However, based on her robotic design and advanced technological capabilities, it seems possible that she could be vulnerable to hacking attacks. If Snow Godzilla is able to exploit any weaknesses in her systems or disrupt her control over her weaponry, this could certainly shift the balance of the battle in his favor.

Overall it's a challenging battle to predict with certainty, and the outcome would likely depend on specific circumstances and tactics employed by both of them. However based on their respective strengths and weaknesses, Penny does appear to have a reasonable chance of emerging victorious^^

It also doesnt help that Penny's aura explictly blocks transmutation, which is what SG's hax is

He also has BFR (and memory manipulation, but I can’t remember if Penny technically has a human mind or not. I know she’s a robot but she gets her life and personality from <scientist guy (forgot name)>’s aura so I’m pretty sure she has a human consciousness within her mechanic body. She specifically was able to fight her robot programming because of her consciousness.)

I’ll just wait and see if anyone with knowledge on snow Godzilla shows up to explain.

It also doesnt help that Penny's aura explictly blocks transmutation, which is what SG's hax is
Ah i see. That definitely gives Penny an advantage in this matchup, as her aura's ability to block transmutation would render Snow Godzilla's hack useless against her. This further reinforces the notion that Penny has a good chance of emerging victorious here.

He also has BFR (and memory manipulation, but I can’t remember if Penny technically has a human mind or not. I know she’s a robot but she gets her life and personality from <scientist guy (forgot name)>’s aura so I’m pretty sure she has a human consciousness within her mechanic body. She specifically was able to fight her robot programming because of her consciousness.)

I’ll just wait and see if anyone with knowledge on snow Godzilla shows up to explain.
It's possible that Snow Godzilla could use BFR to try to remove Penny from the battlefield, but as Weekly mentioned earlier, Penny's speed and flight capabilities would make it difficult for him to accomplish this.

Regarding Penny's conciousness, she is indeed a robotic creation, but as mentioned earlier, her personality and conciousness are derived from the aura of Pietro Polendina, her creator. It's unclear how Snow Godzilla's memory manipulation abilities would affect Penny's conciousness, but given that it is derived from aura rather than a traditional human mind, it's possible that it could be more resistant to manipulation.

Speed is equalized she doesn’t have the speed advantage here.

She’s small, but his attacks are massive. I think people always think of flies and other bugs in these types of scenarios, thinking the opponent would be hard to hit. But two things 1) bugs aren’t all that hard to hit, and the ones that are usually have ways to better dodge out of the way (like superior short burst speed), 2) Human arms are very skinny in comparison to their length, this Godzilla’s attacks don’t seem to have that problem, based off the gifs (on his profile) many of his attacks are really chunky and wide.

He should be able to hit her here.

Last edited:
Speed is equalized she doesn’t have the speed advantage her.

She’s small, but his attacks are massive. I think people always think of flies and other bugs in these types of scenarios, thinking the opponent would be hard to hit. But two things 1) bugs aren’t all that hard to hit, and the ones that are usually have ways to better dodge out of the way (like superior short burst speed), 2) Human arms are very skinny in comparison to their length, this Godzilla’s attacks don’t seem to have that problem, based off the gifs many of his attacks are really chunky and wide.

He should be able to hit her here.
Ah my apologies for the mistake about the speed being equalized.

You make a good point about the size of Snow Godzilla's attacks, and his wide and chunky attacks could potentially make it easier for him to land a hit on Penny. However Penny's agility and flight capabilities would still give her an advantage in avoiding his attacks, as well as being able to attack from a distance with her lasers.

In any case, as mentioned earlier it ultimately depends on whether Snow Godzilla's hack can affect Penny and whether her aura can protect her from it.

If his hack does not work on her then Penny's abilities and fighting style may still give her the upper hand in this matchup.

Looking at the arguments, I’m going to have to go with Penny. Both her flight agility to avoid attacks as well as her ability to supercharge her lasers give her the edge to me.

So I finally got around to watching Snow Godzilla’s fight scenes.

His basic attack is hundreds of meters wide, she isn’t dodging that.

Plus his breath attack is what deletes people’s memories. As far as I can tell Penny has a human consciousness, it should absolutely work on her.

I think I’ll change my vote to snow Godzilla. There’s no way just flight alone is going to get her out of the way (especially since this Godzilla constantly fought against vastly smaller opponents, that can fly, and he hits them just fine), and if she gets hit her memories are erased.

Penny is a robot, but her consciousness comes from someone’s aura. She specifically was able to fight against her programming to go to the vault and self destruction specifically because she has a consciousness and isn’t purely a machine. As shown by (Samurai dude, some Rwby names are annoying), memory manipulation works through aura just fine.

Plus, when this Godzilla was shot at by a laser, his first move was to teleport (when he got shot by the satellite). So he either will be completely gone and can come back at random to shoot her, or can get in close enough to where she has zero hope of dodging.

Actually Penny's mind comes from a ai

Penny and her personality operated under an AI before she was turned into a Human.[7]

She was fighting back because of her soul, not mind

Reading the quote, I don’t see why the ai part would mean everything about her is Ai. Especially since Volume 8 makes zero sense if her personality is purely mechanic 1) how did she resist going off to kill herself if her mind is 100% ai, her ai is what told her to go die, 2) why would anyone care if penny died if her personality is purely from Ai, what stops people from just making another machine with that ai (what would Pietro’s aura actually be doing if her mind comes from Ai, what life is he giving her).

Though that’s probably a discussion for either my or your wall (or a question and answer thread).

Change my vote for inconclusive right now. I’ll vote later after discussioning that.

Reading the quote, I don’t see why the ai part would mean everything about her is Ai. Especially since Volume 8 makes zero sense if her personality is purely mechanic 1) how did she resist going off to kill herself if her mind is 100% ai, her ai is what told her to go die, 2) why would anyone care if penny died if her personality is purely from Ai, what stops people from just making another machine with that ai (what would Pietro’s aura actually be doing if her mind comes from Ai, what life is he giving her).
It's her soul fighting back, not her mind, her soul is what makes her human

I'm pretty sure a soul is different from your mind

Penny controlling her actions with her soul in and of itself means her mind and soul are a linked thing. Her personality, desires, and ability to control actions (the mind) comes from her soul (as evidence by her ai part wanting to go explode when she doesn’t want to, she actively doesn’t, and her being horrified of the prospect).

Edit: I’ll make a QnA on it. Because if Penny’s personality and desires come purely from her soul that would effect everyone in Rwby since her soul is the same as everyone else’s.

Last edited:
I mean, even if she has her own mind it wouldnt really matter because her aura will be blocking the snow that causes the memory loss

It isn’t the snow though, it’s Glowing Particles. Plus they affected the pilot of a mech despite only hitting the mech, and aura specifically doesn’t block other mind altering effects (including memory manipulation).

It isn’t the snow though, it’s Glowing Particles. They affected the pilot of a mech despite only hitting the mech, and aura specifically doesn’t block other mind altering effects (including memory manipulation).
It does though, it blocks possession

Possession and memory erasure are no where even close to the same thing. There is specifically a character in Rwby that uses memory erasure and it works perfectly fine.

So I finally got around to watching Snow Godzilla’s fight scenes.

His basic attack is hundreds of meters wide, she isn’t dodging that.

Plus his breath attack is what deletes people’s memories. As far as I can tell Penny has a human consciousness, it should absolutely work on her.

I think I’ll change my vote to snow Godzilla. There’s no way just flight alone is going to get her out of the way (especially since this Godzilla constantly fought against vastly smaller opponents, that can fly, and he hits them just fine), and if she gets hit her memories are erased.

Penny is a robot, but her consciousness comes from someone’s aura. She specifically was able to fight against her programming to go to the vault and self destruction specifically because she has a consciousness and isn’t purely a machine. As shown by (Samurai dude, some Rwby names are annoying), memory manipulation works through aura just fine.

Plus, when this Godzilla was shot at by a laser, his first move was to teleport (when he got shot by the satellite). So he either will be completely gone and can come back at random to shoot her, or can get in close enough to where she has zero hope of dodging.
Good job for the additional info and analysis. Based on what you have said it does seem like Snowzilla would have the advantage in this matchup, particularly with his wide-ranging attacks and memory manip capabilities. Even with Penny's agility and flight, it may not be enough to evade his attacks and the potential memory loss.

Therefore it seems reasonable to vote for Snowzilla. I dont know for who should i vote yet. Its difficult and a nice fight. If someone is good with Snowzilla winning keep my vote for him. But i will prolly change my mind based of Weekly's arguments.

She does not have a normal human consciousness, it is completely artificial, she outright confirms this in Arrowfell as her memory bank is backed up and stored in her core. She has part of a soul, but not a human mind.
Its not just flight, its a mix of flight, info analysis and a host of other abilities that passively alerts her of danger and would make dodging much easier. Hell she could just make a forcefield with her magic if need be.
Wouldnt that be self-BFR?

No because he can teleport back. Him teleporting away is just so he doesn’t just stand there and take the hits.

I don’t see how her info analysis is going to help against an attack that is hundreds of times larger than herself. Plus what does info analysis even mean here. She doesn’t predict anything with it, there’s nothing to learn here. It’s an attack, she would already know this, the problem is getting out of the way (which she can’t do due to its massive size).

I’ll make a thread of Penny’s mind later, but I’m pretty sure she should have either two parts of her mind (the part run by her soul and the one ran by Ai, because her Ai part is very clearly separate as she would have blown herself up if it wasn’t (I’ll explain more why I think that later. I need to gather scans)).

No because he can teleport back. Him teleporting away is just so he doesn’t just stand there and take the hits.

I don’t see how her info analysis is going to help against an attack that is hundreds of times larger than herself. Plus what does info analysis even mean here. She doesn’t predict anything with it, there’s nothing to learn here. It’s an attack, she would already know this, the problem is getting out of the way (which she can’t do due to its massive size).
Could you post a clip of the attack youre referring to? From the fight scenes ive seen with Snow Godzilla his beams have a charge time, and Penny can see energy signatures as well as detect changes in electromagnetism in the area, she would be well aware that Godzilla is charging a powerful attack and would fly away well beforehand or put up a barrier to protect her.

That beam is not hundreds of meters wide, its barely as wide as Godzilla's head with Godzilla's entire body only being 118 meters long as stated in the clip

It also has a charge time and the spike in energy is clearly detected by machines scanning Godzilla, so Penny would absolutely be able to detect it

Fly to where? Nothing stops Godzilla from just shooting at her once the charge is up. He can keep moving his head to follow Penny’s general movements before firing. And once he does fire she’s would have to move hundreds of meters out of the way in a speed equalized match, she wouldn’t be able to.

Edit: A hundred meters is still cartoonishly large. If someone is willing to actually calculate precisely how wide the beam is that would be good (though it looks quiet a bit larger than Godzilla to me, personally).

Godzilla doesn’t need super good skill or accuracy here. As long as he fired towards her location he should hit, the AoE is just way too big here to dodge.

Edit: Even assuming it’s only a hundred meters, I still hold on to this opinion, speed is equalized, traveling a hundred meters to get out of the way would be stupidly hard.

The only time we’ve seen a maiden make a shield is Winter (and I know we current count that ice and fire aura cinder and raven made as a shield, but 1) those never blocked anything, 2) they dispersed in one hit, a hit that did no damage to either Raven nor cinder), a shield made out of ice which is something Winter prefers to use. There are many times a shield would have been extremely helpful for penny and she just never uses it.

Back