• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Katsuki Bakugo vs Penny Polendina
  • speed is equal
  • both are 7-C
  • fight takes place in the Beacon Vault
  • they are both 50 meters apart
  • fight starts out as a sparing match but turns into a death battle like Might Guy vs All Might
Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight): 8
Penny Polendina:
Icon:
katsuki_bakugo_s4.png
20220223_161948.png

fight ost

thought you could escape me making MU's for my two favorite verses

Last edited:
i mean if this is Bakugou going all out (which he probably is as there is over a 2x ap gap normally, ie without cluster or howitzer) then he might just be able to spam cluster (I forgot if it’s a super move or if he can just do it whenever he wants)

i mean if this is Bakugou going all out (which he probably is as there is over a 2x ap gap normally, ie without cluster or howitzer) then he might just be able to spam cluster (I forgot if it’s a super move or if he can just do it whenever he wants)
remember it starts as a sparing match but then turns into a fight to the death also they are basically fighting in a underground vault

It's a "super move" in the sense that its an evolution of his Quirks capabilities, but yes, he can use it whenever he wants.

We honestly don't know how often uses it in combat because he hasn't gotten in a fight yet but it doesn't take much effort to perform for him.

remember it starts as a sparing match but then turns into a fight to the death also they are basically fighting in a underground vault
Bakugou pulled out the howitzer impact in a sports festival match broadcast world wide knowing full well the injuries he could cause. Also you just said it turns into a fight to the death, so I don’t think he‘ll hold himself back from just using cluster and ending the fight quickly once it goes to the death

Penny is over 3X stronger than Bakugo normally, however Bakugo's Cluster explosions are around 3X stronger than Penny.

Penny = Cinder = 21.83 KT

Bakugo Normal Explosions > 5.8 KT:

Cluster Explosion > 66.57 KT

While Penny can do a lot of damage to Bakugo, his Clusters are going to do a lot of damage to her. However considering we don't really know how Bakugo uses Cluster, I'm inclined to wait until we see more of him in the coming battles. It looks like they're his serious explosions, and he was shown spamming them a lot of times to boost.

Penny is around 3X stronger than Bakugo normally, however Bakugo's Cluster explosions are around 3X stronger than Penny.

Penny = Cinder = 21.83 KT

Bakugo Normal Explosions > 5.8 KT:

Cluster Explosion > 66.57 KT

While Penny can do a lot of damage to Bakugo, his Clusters are going to do a lot of damage to her. However considering we don't really know how Bakugo uses Cluster, I'm inclined to wait until we see more of him in the coming battles. It looks like they're his serious explosions, and he was shown spamming them a lot of times to boost.
Pennys around 3.5x stronger to be exact

Well, lets look over what they both have.

Penny definitely has the higher base stats (22 vs higher than 5.8, so honestly the difference is closer to 2.5x or 2x than 3x), and is further protected by her Aura which just flat out prevents damage to her and blocks the heat of his explosions. She has a lot more versatility due to her maiden powers letting her control the elements, and is more conventionally skilled via her weapon. Her lasers and floating swords let her constantly apply pressure regardless of where Bakugo is, and she's smart enough to use that to her advantage.

Bakugo on the other hand makes up for the stat disadvantage with moves that exceed Penny's stats (Howitzer is > 3x her since he's gotten stronger since that feat, and Cluster is > even that), one of which he can seemingly spam. He also is far craftier in combat, being able to set traps, fake attacks and more than keep up with her flight with his explosions. He also has many different ways of blasting past or around a lot of her abilities, like with his gauntlets or grenades. Also, surprisingly, there isn't anything Penny has that Bakugo hasn't already dealt with and shown to be able to get past. Her weapon can be avoided like he did with the Serpenters and her lasers are similar to Nines enough that he can get around them.

Tough call all around, but if Bakugo can hit her with Cluster enough times, wear down her Aura, then finish her off with Howitzer Impact, he should have this in the bag. His main issues would be avoiding her elemental attacks with his mobility. He has the stamina to get stabbed by her swords and honestly just shrug it off, as well as experience just avoiding everything they can do, so the elements are far higher priority, and they seem simple enough in their usage for him to just dodge with his explosions or overpower if he needs to.

Pretty long range, hard fought battle, but Bakugo just needs to tough out long enough for her Aura to go down and start doing real damage, something he'll notice because he's hyper attentive in combat and will be picking up on Aura the whole time.

Well, lets look over what they both have.

Penny definitely has the higher base stats (22 vs higher than 5.8, so honestly the difference is closer to 2.5x or 2x than 3x), and is further protected by her Aura which just flat out prevents damage to her and blocks the heat of his explosions. She has a lot more versatility due to her maiden powers letting her control the elements, and is more conventionally skilled via her weapon. Her lasers and floating swords let her constantly apply pressure regardless of where Bakugo is, and she's smart enough to use that to her advantage.

Bakugo on the other hand makes up for the stat disadvantage with moves that exceed Penny's stats (Howitzer is > 3x her since he's gotten stronger since that feat, and Cluster is > even that), one of which he can seemingly spam. He also is far craftier in combat, being able to set traps, fake attacks and more than keep up with her flight with his explosions. He also has many different ways of blasting past or around a lot of her abilities, like with his gauntlets or grenades. Also, surprisingly, there isn't anything Penny has that Bakugo hasn't already dealt with and shown to be able to get past. Her weapon can be avoided like he did with the Serpenters and her lasers are similar to Nines enough that he can get around them.

Tough call all around, but if Bakugo can hit her with Cluster enough times, wear down her Aura, then finish her off with Howitzer Impact, he should have this in the bag. His main issues would be avoiding her elemental attacks with his mobility. He has the stamina to get stabbed by her swords and honestly just shrug it off, as well as experience just avoiding everything they can do, so the elements are far higher priority, and they seem simple enough in their usage for him to just dodge with his explosions or overpower if he needs to.

Pretty long range, hard fought battle, but Bakugo just needs to tough out long enough for her Aura to go down and start doing real damage, something he'll notice because he's hyper attentive in combat and will be picking up on Aura the whole time.
Also Cluster can amp his speed (to an unknown degree but still its useful)

The Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight FRA

btw with her Information Analysis she could see how he makes his explosions and try and make a snow storm in the vault to try and make bakugo sweat less

"He has to keep himself hydrated and warm since he needs to sweat in order to produce his explosions, rendering his Quirk virtually powerless in extremely cold and dry conditions. "

if she could tell ruby turns herself into molecules before ruby even knew then she can see what his sweat is and see he is blowing up his sweat

Last edited:
If I’m correct the Kingofwolves999, myself, RandomGuy2345, SuperStar, XSOULOFCINDERX and Maverick_Zero_X are all voting for Bakugou, so 6 for katsuki

btw with her Information Analysis she could see how he makes his explosions and try and make a snow storm in the vault to try and make bakugo sweat less

if she could tell ruby turns herself into molecules before ruby even knew then she can see what his sweat is and see he is blowing up his sweat
He has gear that just auto stores his sweat, like grenades and his gauntlets. And even then, he can still sweat in the winter. Or he’d just try and blow away the storm. It also wouldn’t actually make his explosions weaker, it’d just lower his sweating.

She’d also then be dedicating attention to keeping a storm going, with him still attacking. If it gets too annoying, he’ll just destroy the vault and get into open air where he has more room.

The cold also won’t stop his Howitzer if he pulls it out or his Cluster, and is a long con game that honestly just pressures him to use his stronger attacks more often and earlier.

i'm not counting kingwolves as he didn't say he was voting for bakugo
kinda sounds like he did "Pretty long range, hard fought battle, but Bakugo just needs to tough out long enough for her Aura to go down and start doing real damage, something he'll notice because he's hyper attentive in combat and will be picking up on Aura the whole time."

btw Katsuki Bakugo FRA

She’d also then be dedicating attention to keeping a storm going, with him still attacking. If it gets too annoying, he’ll just destroy the vault and get into open air where he has more room.
only problem is the vault is deep as heck underground

He has gear that just auto stores his sweat, like grenades and his gauntlets. And even then, he can still sweat in the winter. Or he’d just try and blow away the storm. It also wouldn’t actually make his explosions weaker, it’d just lower his sweating.

The cold also won’t stop his Howitzer if he pulls it out or his Cluster, and is a long con game that honestly just pressures him to use his stronger attacks more often and earlier.
Also you saying you vote for Bakugou? As stated above by Spinoirr your vote won’t be accepted in this thread without saying so

only problem is the vault is deep as heck underground
He can Howitzer the top and destroy it with a Kilometer wide explosion that he can tank.

Also, I’m certain there’s an elevator or something that goes up in that place. So he either blows up the place to escape the cold, destroys the source of the cold, or forces penny to follow him up a narrow tube with his gauntlets primed to fire.

However considering we don't really know how Bakugo uses Cluster, I'm inclined to wait until we see more of him in the coming battles.
Should probably remake it after we see bakugo fight with it tbh because this is past grace

Oh I though by “past grace” you meant that grace ended
Anyways this can't be added as we have no idea if bakugo can actually spam it or not or use cluster in short bursts as he never used it in a real fight

Back