• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Penny Polendina vs Denji

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: ARTIFICIAL FEARS

At this point, I think I've gone beyond the point when the story doesn't really make sense without reading the previous ones. I have something special planned for this one though and it'll be important for a future arc I'm planning.

I sure hope this isn't a stomp
● ------------------------------------- ●
A research paper laid on a tidy office table in a well-lit room occupied by only one man currently. He ominously viewed the city from his window, overseeing the urban landscape. The silence was soon broken when a broadcast was heard from the desk's phone, the frantic tone forcing the man to urgently answer the call.

"General Ironwood! The entire West section has lost power!" the employee reported, much to the man's frustration.
"Again!? It's the fourth time this..." Ironwood replied before suddenly regaining his composure, a short flash emitted from his eyes "Fix the issue as last time, and relocate viable personnel to the sector to stand guard".

Once the employee was done and disconnected the channel, Ironwood returned to his work, picking up the research paper. The thought of other worlds, possibly with other powerful figures. Perhaps one of said worlds had a key to killing the immortal, he had one target in-mind, one that haunted him since the day he figured it out. Perhaps with this new development, he would not need to flee, he would not need to hurt his people, an end can be brought upon this horrid demon... perhaps he could-

His thoughts were quickly cut off due to the lights in the office flashing wildly and he could've sworn he saw a figure standing at the end of the room. He began to retreat slowly to his desk, his right hand reaching for one of his guns while the other reached for the alarm. In an instant, he felt something grabbing the latter and in reaction, he fired at the figure, his shot somehow hitting the light in his office.

Now he was stuck in the dark, and he is not alone...

"You work fast, general. Among other qualities..." a feminine voice in the dark complimented, the droning sound growing louder in Ironwood's ears.
"I assure you if you try anything, there will not be a single corner of any world that you can hide in" he threatened, earning a chuckle from the figure before revealing herself.

"Amusing, general. But perhaps threatening the one in-power is not exactly a good diplomacy strategy? Please, hear me out".
"You must have a lot to offer if you think you'll convince me this way".

"Oh I do. I saw your pitiful little file, lacking in a lot of crucial details. I'm surprised that withered old man survived getting sent to that wretched place".
"How did you-".

"They see everything that happens in the dark and when useful, They'll tell me" Charlie explained before snapping her fingers, the silence between them broken as faces and hands formed from the dark lunged forward in all various shapes and forms. Despite this surprising display, Ironwood stood in his ground, all the fear he felt, the madness from seeing such an entity, all washed away with a short flash from his eyes.

"So general, can we move on from the threatening? I have a deal that would benefit the two of us greatly. I know of the demon you wish to vanquish" the empress explained as she offered a rose "It takes one to know one".
"Then I suggest you be quick" Ironwood replied, pushing the rose away and holstering his weapon "Despite your apparent claim to omnipresence, you seem to have not seen my schedule. I have an important meeting in a few more minutes, and then another one in 3 hours".

"Oh I saw that too. That withered old man survived the journey and is bringing her daughter to you for god knows what reasons" Charlie said as one of the faces from her display of Them poked out, whispers coming from its four heads while its main beaked head simply glared at Ironwood.

"Looks like one of Them has decided to help us. So, where were we?" the empress asked, another rose appearing in her hand.

Walking by the spacious and well-decorated halls of Atlas, Penny realized how much she missed the open space despite her still being indoors. The endless looping hallway as interesting as it is, was quite constraining. As glad as she was to have wiggle room, it's nothing compared to the opportunity to talk to her father again.

"And how are my friends doing without me? They must be worried sick!" Penny questioned.
"We haven't been able to make contact with them ever since the incident. I'm certain they still think of you but I can't promise anything" Pietro replied.

"Well! It shouldn't be a problem, I've analyzed the structure and schematics of some of the portals in that realm, I may be able to reach at them directly. Here, I'll show you" the maiden android explained before putting her hand on her father's wheelchair, causing it to immediately display the aforementioned schematics which had been uploaded into the system.

"Hmm, I've never taught you how to hack systems, haven't I?" he questioned.
"Nope! Connor taught me that trick" Penny replied before pulling out a penny from her pocket "And this one too".

She quickly flipped the penny into the air, her hand already ready to catch it. As it stopped in the air and began to fall, a sudden loud buzz and series of screams was heard through the hall, followed by a figure flying past the two of them, sawing through the penny as well. Penny quickly stood in front of her father, her floating array already activated. She winced in confusion from her scan on the creature laying on the crater he had created. It was humanoid with some parts containing skin but...

"Another trick?! Where is that devil!?" the man exclaimed with anger, the buzzing sound emitted from the chainsaw extending from his arm.
"Sir, please stand down. I'm open for negotiation" Penny offered, unaware of where the man's gaze went.

He was looking right past them, at the dark hallway behind them.

Where the enigmatic figures in the darkness called out before disappearing.

• Beacon Penny and Chainsaw Man used
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Atlas Academy
  • Starting range: 10 meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Tragic Devil : 0
  • Tragic Android : 7
  • Incon : 0

lukas-resniakas-denji.jpg

VS
rwby_cr___blade_blossom_by_adsouto_dcsix4e-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
AP wise Denji has a slight advantage, due to Penny scaling to Pyrrha who at bare minimum scales to Vol 4 RWBY who are around 6.93 tons. Denji scales above the Bat devil who's 7.4 tons

Issue is, Denji has absolutely no answer to Penny's aura, and due to her swords, flight, Kamehamehas, and vastly superior fighting capability, she doesn't need to worry about Denji getting close enough to shred it, if he can in the first place

Even if Denji gets close via chain whipping towards her spider man style, her physical stats and martial arts allow her to keep up.

Denji's regeneration might cause problems early on, but if Penny keeps thrashing him, he's going to go down eventually due to lack of blood, and since Penny doesn't have blood he can't regen off of her either

I'm voting Penny

Back