• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Patchy avenges Spongebob ~ Patchy vs Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttersamuri said:
The episodes Shangeheid he manipulates which ending happens based on the votes apparently. I don't know if this is actually it. Again. Didn't add the plot thing in his page myself. But that's the closest thing I've found to changing an episodes end
I don't even know what I'm looking at. All I see is him requesting the audience to vote for some endings or something. Is there a particular timestamp for that video to show that he actually uses Plot Manipulation?

The pen or the sword said:
His plot manip is him manipulating the ending of an episode, an episode that is fictitious in his view, mercer is appearing as a real physical entity to fight him so Im not really sure how he'd manip the plot of mercer....
Which episode?

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Plot Manip should be removed as 90% of his matches since they are all stomps and spites

Also, no feats of combat or plothax
Either that or have the abilities be listed as "combat inapplicable".

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Plot Manip should be removed as 90% of his matches since they are all stomps and spites

Also, no feats of combat or plothax
Ehh. No. Not really. The fights like Gumball and Strange has chances. They just lost.

And weren't even spite. Plus. Others didn't even bloodlust him. He didn't win others via plot hacks.

Either that or have the abilities be listed as "combat inapplicable".

Manipulation of plot is combat applicable. If he can change what happens. That is usable in combat.

Buttersamuri said:
Manipulation of plot is combat applicable. If he can change what happens. That is usable in combat.
It is only combat applicable if characters have feats/scans of actually using it in a combat scenario in their canons (which is basically how many characters have their abilities treated in this site). Especially in a manner that affects a fight. If characters like Patchy has never done such (or has never been in a fight like this like you guys mentioned), then it should be assumed to be combat inapplicable by default. Does Patchy actually have feats/scans for such?

That's 100 percent absolutely incorrect. If a character in a show starts shooting fire. But they don't get in fights and haven't used it in combat. They still can use it in combat. It's 100 percent combat applicable. We don't know how they will react in a fight since they don't really fight. So we can only assume based on personality and what they have and have used most

How is patchy different from barney btw? He's never been in a fight, has no aggressive bone in his body and has never shown the ability to use his powers in a combat applicable manner. Everything here is guess work because patchy uses his hax at random in the show and has no combat mindset available to him.

Buttersamuri said:
That's 100 percent absolutely incorrect. If a character in a show starts shooting fire. But they don't get in fights and haven't used it in combat. They still can use it in combat. It's 100 percent combat applicable.
In this case, if they haven't shown to use their fire manipulation in a specific manner mentioned (like say shooting giant fireball that eclipses an entire city), then it shouldn't be assumed that those characters can shoot city-sized fireballs until they have feats/scans of doing such. This is how we treat characters in a Versus context in this site.

They still can use fire. Maybe not to that degree sure.

But plot hacks don't work the same way. They don't have an AP degree. They just manipulate what happens. And your either resistant or immune. Or your not. Plain and simple. Nothing like "oh well. He hasn't faced this regen". No. That simply doesn't matter. They aren't immune to plot hacks. Regen has no resistance. Flat.

Buttersamuri said:

But plot hacks don't work the same way. They don't have an AP degree. They just manipulate what happens. And your either resistant or immune. Or your not. Plain and simple
Abilities like Plot Manipulation does have a degree for a character in a versus context. That degree is the extent they can use an ability, what they use an ability for in a combat scenario, how they can use that ability, and what is the best they can do with that ability, etc. All of this requires feats/scans. Plot Manipulation is no exception for characters in Versus context.

Buttersamuri said:

But plot hacks don't work the same way. They don't have an AP degree. They just manipulate what happens. And your either resistant or immune. Or your not. Plain and simple. Nothing like "oh well. He hasn't faced this regen". No. That simply doesn't matter. They aren't immune to plot hacks. Regen has no resistance. Flat.
By that logic, the same would hold true for reality warping, but it doesn't. Prove his plot hax lets him beat regen.

Anyways, I'm going to bed.

His plot hax are incredibly questionable to me, the example you provided wouldn't be combat applicable, as he's changing the episode via a vote and he's working on the premise the show spongebob is fictitious in relation to him. Further he's never used his abilities to bfr anyone to my knowledge and he's not overly intelligent so him keeping mercer frozen sounds out their without prior knowledge.

As a Spongebob fan, I'm going to drop this bomb on you Butter. Patchy doesn't have feats of his Plothax negging Regen. End of discussion.

The pen or the sword said:
His plot hax are incredibly questionable to me, the example you provided wouldn't be combat applicable, as he's changing the episode via a vote and he's working on the premise the show spongebob is ficticous in relation to him.
Again. I said I think that could have been it. But I wasn't sure. I didn't add the thing myself. I'm going off of what the person who made the page says

Buttersamuri said:
Again. I said I think that could have been it. But I wasn't sure. I didn't add the thing myself. I'm going off of what the person who made the page says
Try to find all the feats/scans of Patchy's Plot Manipulation if you can. It is necessary in this match.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
As a Spongebob fan, I'm going to drop this bomb on you Butter. Patchy doesn't have feats of his Plothax negging Regen. End of discussion.
Plot hacks just say no to regen. Flat. Unless they resist it. plot hacks GG. Reality warping does the same. Unless the regen or person shows resistance. GG. It warps them. No paying attention to durability

Buttersamuri said:
Plot hacks just say no to regen. Flat. Unless they resist it. plot hacks GG. Reality warping does the same. Unless the regen or person shows resistance. GG. It warps them. No paying attention to durability
Feats/scans of Patchy using Plot Manipulation in that manner. I don't like repeating this like a broken record, but feats/scans are absolutely necessary for even the abilities of characters in Versus context.

Try to find all the feats/scans of Patchy's Plot Manipulation if you can. It is necessary in this match.

Have to find the person who made it. Really though. I don't even think this fight should continue. It's not really fair with patchys hacks. Alex can't do anything really to time stuff.

Well we have no scan, the one feat we have isn't combat applicable so Im gonna need a scan of him actually using it on something thats actually real in comparison to him and doesn't require him to get a vote done to buy it's combat applicable.

Even assuming plot hax do its not something patchy has ever done or shown the intellegence or capcity to do.

Buttersamuri said:
Have to find the person who made it. Really though. I don't even think this fight should continue. It's not really fair with patchys hacks. Alex can't do anything really to time stuff.
Patchy would still need feats/scans to do all the things that users mentioned he can do in this thread. But if you want to stop continuing with this thread, then it's fine by me. Just get a mod/admin to close this thread.

His plot hax are questionable his bfr is something he's never used to get rid of someone. His time manip seems odd, he has no prior knowledge why would he attempt to keep mercer frozen.

I see patchy attempting to cannon/attack mercer with swords, he doesn't know mercer is anything more then an average guy, him holding him frozen while he tries to get rid of him requires a level of foreknowledge patchy doesn't have and intelligence he's has never displayed

Should I close this thread? I was asked to do so, as it is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back