• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Patchy avenges Spongebob ~ Patchy vs Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Counters said:
Patchy quite literally changed the enitre ending of an episode because he didn't like it. ( Honestly he should also have Causality manipulation along with his Plot manipulation. ) so it's not far fetched to say he can just "Lol I'm gonna do something about that regen." Or "Lmao I'm just gonna make it so this dude doesn't wanna fight me."
That's still the vaguest possible answer you could've given. How did the ending change?

Actually, wait, did he change the plot of a Spongebob episode? Because, if so, that shouldn't even be combat applicable. Spongebob is fictional to him, there would be no indication he can do that to people who exist in his own reality.

He doesn't need to bypass the regen, there are different methods of incapacitation, more importantly Patchy can just alter the events to **** around with shit, such as making sure Mercer doesn't take certain actions or simply not getting into the fight in the first place.

Buttersamuri said:
Oh. I can show time stuff and dimensional travel if you give me a moment. That was in the prehistoric special where he kept trying to go back to the prehistoric ages. But ended up in different places. And eventually traveled to a different universes (Dora the explorers universe). Time stop is also on his page too.
so he can't control his dimensional travel or his timetravel is what your telling me? Sounds like his plot manip is reliant on the fact songebob is a fictional being in relation to him but I could be misunderstanding something.

Buttersamuri said:
Oh. I can show time stuff and dimensional travel if you give me a moment. That was in the prehistoric special where he kept trying to go back to the prehistoric ages. But ended up in different places. And eventually traveled to a different universes (Dora the explorers universe). Time stop is also on his page too.
That... Doesn't sound like something he can properly use in combat if he doesn't even have a proper control over those abilities.

so he can't control his dimensional travel or his timetravel is what your telling me?

He had trouble when first trying it. But he figured it out by the end. He originally thought it was the box he was using that let him do it. But the doctor guy said it was in him all along. And he figured out how to use it to go to prehistoric times

That... Doesn't sound like something he can properly use in combat if he doesn't even have a proper control over those abilities.

Read my other comment. I cover that issue

DeathNoodles said:
Again, when has Patchy ever' done that in the canon? When has he ever removed someone's Regenerationn and powers, and then killed them in the show?
He's never had to fight someone in this manner in canon. Anyone who could alter the events of a story would come to the logical conclusion of making someone unable to hurt him if in a fight to win.

Buttersamuri said:
He had trouble when first trying it. But he figured it out by the end. He originally thought it was the box he was using that let him do it. But the doctor guy said it was in him all along
And has he showcased feats that he time travelled after that, and has shown that he has killed someone in the past to kill them in the present for the canon?

The Wright Way said:
So Patchy's one actual win condition is something he can't control? Yeah, Mercer gasses.
Again. No. Time stop wasn't even what he struggled with. And time travel he had trouble At first. But he figured it out

Planck69 said:
He's never had to fight someone in this manner in cano. Anyone who could alter the events of a story would come to the logical conclusion of making someone unable to hurt him if in a fight to win.
Oh? He has never showcased to use that ability in those manners in the canon?

Then it should be assumed that he can't use his abilities in such a manner to avoid NLF. It's as simple as that.

He's never had to fight someone in this manner in canon. Anyone who could alter the events of a story would come to the logical conclusion of making someone unable to hurt him if in a fight to win.

Then why are we assuming he will? Why are we assuming that a character who has never been in a fight, who, according to his very profile, acts completely childish in character, will do the most logical thing in a life or death situation?

And has he showcased feats that he time travelled after that, and has shown that he has killed someone in the past to kill them in the present for the canon?

He used time hacks a few times. And to get back from his time. But he probably wouldn't got for past kill. He would time stop him.

Time stop won't matter...Like at all, patchy could drop a nuke on mercer/wail on him with timestopped and mercer will just regen when time resumes, so it's not overly relevant beyond stopping mercer from infecting/absorbing. It will incapacitate him for sometime if patch manages to reduce him down enough but his regen takes less then a day to return.

Buttersamuri said:
He used time hacks a few times. And to get back from his time. But he probably wouldn't got for past kill. He would time stop him.
And what has Patchy ever done to his enemies when time was stopped in the canon? Because Mercer's Regenerationn still plays a factor here.

DeathNoodles said:
And what has Patchy ever done to his enemies when time was stopped in the canon? Because Mercer's Regenerationn still plays a factor here.
I stop time and attack Mercer. Time resumes and I see him regenerate immediately. I'd immediately stop time again once I realize that normal attacks don't work. Then after some thinking I decide to , oh I don't know, plot-hax him since that's literally the only thing I can do?

Planck69 said:
I stop time and attack Mercer. Time resumes and I see him regenerate immediately. I'd immediately stop time again once I realize that normal attacks don't work. Then after some thinking I decide to , oh I don't know, plot-hax him since that's literally the only thing I can do?
That's nice and all, but has Patchy ever done that in the canon? And has Patchy ever time stopped to attack his opponents like that in the canon? And has Patchy ever use Plot Manipulation to defeat/kill opponents with Mercer's level of Regenerationn in the canon?

Or toss him somewhere else he can't get back. Shanghaied him if that's the right word. (I don't know. I'm not with pirate Lingo)

Buttersamuri said:
Or toss him somewhere else he can't get back. Shanghaied him if that's the right word. (I don't know. I'm not with pirate Lingo)
Does Patchy have feats/scans of doing such in the canon?

Again, you're assuming Patchy, someone who is both immature abd has bever been in a fight before, will do the utmost logical thing in character. Or that he won't get gassed at any point prior to coming to that conclusion.

Does Patchy have feats/scans of doing such in the canon?

Well. His personality would support that cause he keeps a very pirate like feel.

Ok to my knowledge patchy has never really...well fought anyone in cannon, at least not with any level of real aggression and he's definitely never attempted to kill anyone.

This throws a bit of a question mark into play, can he use his plot hax to beat an opponent? He's never done it, can he use his dimensional travel/time manip to bfr? Hasn't tried it before, ect.

He's a character that's totally divorced from things like death and combat he's hard to judge with any level of surety. He's childish and silly, assuming he'll be overly logical here seems off to me especially as he has no knolwedge of what kind of threat mercer poses...

Buttersamuri said:
Well. His personality would support that cause he keeps a very pirate like feel.
What. That's not a feat/scan. A person's "personality" doesn't count as a feat/scan if they actually haven't performed actions that proves they done such in the canon. He has to have performed actions that you have mentioned in the canon.

What. That's not a feat/scan. A person's "personality" doesn't count as a feat/scan if they actually haven't performed actions that proves they done such in the canon.

It definitely should count. Since we don't really see how patchy fights. We can only go off what he uses most and his personality and what it leads him to do. Which would lead him to think about doing this.

This thread is a cluster ****. As someone who has seen Spongebob Squarepants, I can tell you that Patchy isn't doing shit to Mercer. His Time Stop is literally the only thing of relevance here. Maybe BFR.

Buttersamuri said:
It definitely should count. Since we don't really see how patchy fights. We can only go off what he uses most and his personality and what it leads him to do. Which would lead him to think about doing this.
If Patchy doesn't have feats/scans of him doing the things you've mentioned, then he shouldn't be assumed to do so in order to avoid NLF. Personality and such would only matter if there are feats/scans to prove such in a Versus context.

I doubt he'd think of something to beat mercer right away and I don't really get why patch would be overly cautious in this scenario mercer looks pretty normal before he starts shifting and he has no idea of who mercer is or what he can do. I don't really get why he'd go for timestop right away and attempt bfr before trying anything else...

If Patchy doesn't have feats/scans of him doing the things you've mentioned, then he shouldn't be assumed to do so in order to avoid NLF. Personality and such would only matter if there are feats/scans to prove such in a Versus context.

We can go only off of what he does most and what his personality would lead him to do, we can't assume he would do nothing. We have to make logical assumptions based on character and most used abilities.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
"We dont really see how patchy fights"
Bruh moment. I dont even know why you guys are using him on Versus then. This is literally a Barney situation
Literally what Ive been thinking when I saw people using patchy...

Buttersamuri said:
We can go only off of what he does most and what his personality would lead him to do, we can't assume he would do nothing. We have to make logical assumptions based on character and most used abilities.
Which, again, requires feats/scans. If the characters doesn't have feats/scans of doing such and are basically featless in combat... Why are they even here in a Versus context?

Combat Personality only matters as long as there are feats/scans to support such.

Wait, this fight's whole premise is that Patchy saw Mercer eat Spongebob. Wouldn't Mercer have all of Spongebob's powers too if that's the case?

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Wait, this fighter's whole premise is that Patchy saw Mercer eat Spongebob. Wouldn't Mercer have all of Spongebob's powers too if that's the case?
Ehh no. That's just a plot for the fight. It's just regular Mercer

His plot manip is him manipulating the ending of an episode, an episode that is fictitious in his view, mercer is appearing as a real physical entity to fight him so Im not really sure how he'd manip the plot of mercer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back