• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part II Naruto Revisions

I changed my sandbox to remove the Eight-Tailed Cloak and change Naruto’s base keys to Pre-Pain Arc | Post-Pain Arc | Fourth Shinobi World War

there is no "war" key or something like, KCM is KCM and BM is BM, war or not, same thing

Naruto got stronger though. His Sage Mode in the War Arc was able to fight Kurama with a bunch of clones, and unless you think Pain Arc Sage Naruto should scale to that, then they should be separate keys.

If the majority is fine with the Naruto keys, can I propose new keys for the Sannin now?

Guys, stop. There is no such thing as War Arc Sage Mode. Makes no sense to add a lot of Sage Mode or Base keys with the exact same Tier. Stick with what the OP says for Naruto. It is fine as it is

It is not because you got a statement as "Naruto, you got strong during your RS training" that you should create a new key just because he "got strong" and don't have a new Tier or new abilites. Useless.

I would also like if someone create a list of characters and keys that need to be added/revised/removed, please. Then we can make things faster

I disagree with keeping Naruto’s base as a single key. Even if he doesn’t have a War Arc key, he should have a Pre-Pain Arc and Post-Pain Arc key, considering that Pre-Pain Naruto was weaker than Hebi Sasuke while Post-Pain Naruto could swap hands with the Deva Path and match Taka Sasuke (without his MS).

It's not like Naruto couldn't do the same before. And he didn't trad blows with Pain, he was blocking. His base is weaker than Pain, that's all. I don't remember Naruto matching Sasuke physically during this fight, only with Rasengan. He didn't get strong in base, it doesn't even make sense.

It's not like Naruto couldn't do the same before. And he didn't trad blows with Pain, he was blocking. His base is weaker than Pain, that's all. I don't remember Naruto matching Sasuke physically during this fight, only with Rasengan. He didn't get strong in base, it doesn't even make sense.
How does Naruto getting stronger not make sense...? Also blocking attacks from Pain is still a better feat than getting basically one-shot by Base Hebi Sasuke. And I never said Pain wasn’t stronger than base Naruto, I dunno why you felt the need to mention that.

Because it simply doesn't. How did he get stronger, then? He only trained to get a new form, nothing more. He blocked attacks from Pain while trying to run away from him, I don't see how this prove Naruto "got stronger". Team 7 got overwhelmed by Sasuke, not only Naruto. I don't see how that's enough to create a new key. Wouldn't hurt the scaling anyway

Because it’s a better feat than anything Naruto did before the Pain Arc (barring the Rasenshuriken that was implied to be above Minato). Saying that all of Team 7 got overwhelmed doesn’t change my point, Hebi Sasuke is stronger than Pre-Pain Naruto, but Pain Arc Naruto could block attacks from the Deva Path, who is stronger than Hebi Sasuke.

That pretty blatantly shows that Naruto got stronger.

Because it’s a better feat than anything Naruto did before the Pain Arc (barring the Rasenshuriken that was implied to be above Minato). Saying that all of Team 7 got overwhelmed doesn’t change my point, Hebi Sasuke is stronger than Pre-Pain Naruto, but Pain Arc Naruto could block attacks from the Deva Path, who is stronger than Hebi Sasuke.

That pretty blatantly shows that Naruto got stronger.
This is very blatant and I agree with it.

I believe it's generally preferred to separate keys based on eras mostly rather than transformations. Unless there's a lot of forms to tier in one key or of some forms are much higher than others.

We will only create keys for transformations that made a good change for his character, like KCM (Tier 7), BM (Tier 6) and SPSM (Tier 5). As I said, Naruto "getting stronger" isn't enough to create a key, because the Tier would be the same, and would make his profile a bit confused.

I disagree with the sentiment.

Forcing the keys to only be for his transformations ignores that the overall character is progressing and adds more keys than necessary in the first place. Something that Naruto's base clearly does is grow stronger throughout the series and the profile should reflect that and it's not like we don't already have profiles that do that without making confusion.

Look at the likes of most MHA characters, the likes of Todoroki, Midoriya, and Kirishima have multiple keys with them based not on transformations but on time period with their bases showing progression and their profiles aren't confused at all.

I disagree with the sentiment.

Forcing the keys to only be for his transformations ignores that the overall character is progressing and adds more keys than necessary in the first place. Something that Naruto's base clearly does is grow stronger throughout the series and the profile should reflect that and it's not like we don't already have profiles that do that without making confusion.

Look at the likes of most MHA characters, the likes of Todoroki, Midoriya, and Kirishima have multiple keys with them based not on transformations but on time period with their bases showing progression and their profiles aren't confused at all.
Also Part One Naruto's Profile is exactly structure like that being his Base just keeps getting mentioned as Stronger without changing Tiers through the last two keys.

We will only create keys for transformations that made a good change for his character, like KCM (Tier 7), BM (Tier 6) and SPSM (Tier 5). As I said, Naruto "getting stronger" isn't enough to create a key, because the Tier would be the same, and would make his profile a bit confused.
The tier would NOT be the same. Pain arc base Naruto is a higher tier than early Shippuden Naruto.

When early Shippuden Naruto fought Kakashi he created a 100 clones, and they were all casually destroyed by Kakashi. Meanwhile in the Pain arc he is swapping hands with a Deva path without any clones, and he was not just blocking he was also parrying his punches. Let me remind you that even a weaker human path was able to casually block SM Jiraiyas punch, and Asura path was able to rip of SM Jiraiyas arm. So base Naruto is way stronger than he was at the beginning of Shippuden.

I would argue to just give him Three Keys.

* Pre Pain
* Post Pain
* Six Paths Sage Mode

ill expand a bit more later.

Back