• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Thread 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter reads as such
"It is understood that you have a certain ability beyond most humans that we would find very useful. We have a lucrative proposal for you. Call the number 1-847-555-1010 to follow up."

As Stephanie looked upon Bear, she could see the stats of the cat's Stand, alongside the Stand itself, a reptilian leviathan that seemed to stare back at her.

"All power and all durability," was all she said with a small nod before bringing the cat closer to her once more. "We got a little powerhouse on our hands."

Bear glared menacingly at Mame as she pet him. These apes were seriously pushing their luck today; he might have to get physical if they kept this up.

"Or maybe we'll find someone trying to blow our brains out, but...alright, let's get going." She shrugged. She could try her best in playing dumb if need be. Ain't a problem to her, really.

"...What? Is this some kind of prank?"

Jessica tore up letter and threw it in the trash. It seemed like her previous classmates would never leave her alone even after graduating.

"Seriously, cut it out! I woke up for nothing, and I still have to look for a new job after what happened at the librar-"

Wait. Jessica stopped in her tracks.

Certain ability? They couldn't mean...

Jessica looked around. She did a quick inspection throughout her apartment to make sure there weren't any people or cameras hidden and she really wasn't being pranked.

She walked over to the trash can.

"Jude."

The strange being appeared behind her, its liquid body swirling as it defied gravity. It lashed out at the trash can, rapidly striking it with a syrupy tendril. The bin was undamaged, and the letter, now repaired, was lifted out of it. The being disappeared as Jessica read the letter aloud.

"It is understood that you have a certain ability beyond most humans that we would find very useful... We have a lucrative proposal for you, call the number 1-847-555-1010 to follow up.

1-847-555-1010..."

It couldn't be. It was like in one of those comic books where the super heroes formed a team to fight the bad guys. There was just no way something like that could ever happen in real life, it was the type of thing Jessica daydreamed about as a child.

"Well, if it is just a prank then there's no harm in just calling the number once... I think."

After considering it for a few minutes, Jessica decided she would call the number and just listen.

There's a brief ringing on the phone before the line is picked up.

"Hello, are you calling about the potential job offer involving your unique abilities?"

"Stands?"

Could that be what this thing is called?

"I don't know what you're talking about. How do I know you aren't playing some kind of joke on me?"

"I represent a group of people with similar abilities to yourself. We use these abilities for the betterment of mankind and need every bit of manpower we can get."

Joe has been thinking about the letter for a while, several minutes in fact, he even made himself some tea in the meanwhile.

Then the decision arrives.

"Won't hurt to try i guess."

Joe goes to his home phone and starts imputting the number, while repetedly looking at the letter so to not mistype it

"18 ... 47 ... 555 .... 1010"

He then makes the call, putting the receiver of the phone close to his ear.

@ Psycho

"Well, haha, I don't know about discreet," Michael says awkwardly as he walks to the door, opening it and getting out.

"Yeah, I was thinking more...that," Michael said as he pointed to something that could only be seen off the porch of the house.

A motorcycle stood parked on the sidewalk, a beastly, heavily-modified Indian Chief that looked like it could easily fit two people.

"So, too much?"

Edwellken said:
"What do you want me to do?"
"We would like to see your abilities and their compatibility with our organization. Are there any times that you're available?"

"Well I mean I do have a ton of other job offerings and stuff but I think I can make the time somewhere. Nights won't work either so any time during the day is fine." (Lie)

"Well, now that we found the cat, we should look for the other Stand Users we saw at the library. You should use your Stand to locate them." Nicholas says to Stephanie.

Edwellken said:
"Yes, that's fine."
"Great. You should know though, there are some people in this place that use these abilities for... less noble means. I'll see you then."

The line goes dead.

"Great. You should know though, there are some people in this place that use these abilities for... less noble means. I'll see you then."

The line goes dead.

"Wait who do you mean-"

The line goes dead.

"..."

Jessica hung up the phone and sat down.

"I forgot to ask them how they found me..."

She decided to stay at home for the rest of the day rather than go job hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back