• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paper Mario/Super Dimentio upgrade, feat. the Dream Depot and The Void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What We Already Should Know

Okay, for anyone new to the concept of the Dream Depot in the Marioverse, I'll just review the premise of what it entails, the basics of it. This is the Mario Party 5 manual, which I'll be referring to throughout the explanation of the Dream Depot. On page six, they refer to the Dream Depot as a "real world of dreams" and also note that it collects everyone's dreams. These statements imply that everytime someone dreams, a real dream is created within the Dream Depot. How big are these dream worlds? Well, Dreambert refers to them as "dream worlds" and "world", the way he uses it, refers to the universe. Considering that constellations exist within these dream worlds, and other showings of space exist in these dream worlds, so that combined with the comparison to the real world should be enough to say that they're universe-sized. If that's not enough, then Misstar calling them universes, along with what page 28 of the earlier cited manual says about the dream worlds definitely confirms that they're real universes made.

Tl;dr, everytime someone dreams in the Marioverse, a real universe is created.

The New Stuff

Throw away most of what you know about how big the Dream Depot is. That's literally less than trash compared to the new Dream Depot. So colour is what gives everything it's life, essence, and the Black Paint is fully sentient. This means that everything in the verse, all things with colour, are sentient. Every drop of colour is sentient. So, in the Marioverse, there are worlds with infinite size. The Super Mario Brothers 3 guidebook says that the pits in Bowser's Castle are bottomless. Before this is passed off as hyperbole, the guidebook also clarifies that World 8 is the Underworld, so it makes perfect sense for them to have literally bottomless pits, and thus, be infinite in size. Evidenced by statements earlier ithe guidebook, each level is a separate world, and they clarify when worlds are smaller, calling then "mini-worlds", so every level that isn't a "mini-world" is a world of infinite size. To address any point that "you can walk between worlds, so they can't be infinite", in that last picture, it says the hands "take you to the mini-worlds", so it's evident that you go through some sort of portal or rift when going to the different worlds. Because worlds exist that are infinite in size, they must have infinite colour, and thus, infinite sentient beings. It's also directly demonstrated that beings of just paint can also sleep.

"B-but wait, what if only blackness is sentient? And underworld ******* schmunderworld, that must be hyperbole!"

Well, this is my opinion, to start, but if only blackness was sentient, that would ignore the things in the world that aren't black, yet sentient. And the underworld having literal bottomlessness is a common trope in fiction, so I don't understand what's wrong there. Infinite sentient beings = infinite universes. That's pretty simple. You would think that it would end there, but everytime a universe is made, there will be people dreaming in there.

"N-no, it doesn't work like that!"

Sure it does. There are beings within the dream worlds, I mean, anyone who has played Super Mario Brothers 2 knows that. It's also evidenced that people can dream within dream worlds. So yes. It does work like that. Now, from here, it's simple logic.

Edit: I've found this more solid statement implying a world of infinite size, so this works just as fine or better.

Let's just say we start with a single universe of infinite size. In actuality, we start with more, some infinite, some not, but for the sake of simplicity, we start with one, of infinite size.

On the first night, there will be infinite dreams, and thus, we will have infinite universes. This is the equivalent to a multiverse with infinite space-time continuums, or infinite 4D.

On the second night, every universe will spawn infinite universes, and thus, it gets infinitely larger than it was before. Infinite sets of infinity, uncountable infinity. This is the equivalent, persay, to a 5D universe.

On the third night, of the infinite sets of infinite universes, or the uncountably infinite universes, there will be infinite from every universe spawning again, and thus, what was equivalent to a 5D multiverse is now getting infinitely larger; the equivalent to infinite 5D universes.

On the fourth night, the infinite sets of infinite sets of infinite universes, or the uncountably uncountable number of infinite infinities will now each spawn infinite universes. What was the equivalent to infinite 5D universes is now uncountably infinite 5D universes, or 6D.

Following this valid pattern, we know that the size of the Dream Depot should be following a certain formula. Since the Star Spirits have been watching over Star Haven since the beginning of time, it makes sense that they've been watching over the Dream Depot just as long. So the formula for dimensionality is...

(x/2)+4

We start with four dimensions, and every two nights, what's contained within the Dream Depot raises a dimensional level. This is a fair formula, right?

"R-right."

Okay. Well, here's the thing.

"Here, in this place, your sins from your time among the living are weighed. If your sins are light enough, the bliss of The Overthere will be yours. But if not... You suffer for eternity among the game-overed! Now let us weigh your sins..." - Jaydes

"You will spend the rest of eternity in the foulest corner of The Underwhere!" - Jaydes

"Mario. please accept this as a sign of my eternal thanks. Here." - Jaydes

These three statements from Jaydes, the Queen of the Underwhere who is undoubtedly one of the most immortal characters in the verse, has statements with certainty that time will go on in the verse for eternity. So what can the Dream Depot contain? Well, the "x" in the formula is the number of nights. Time will continue for eternity, so the Dream Depot must be able to contain infinite nights' worth of dream worlds. (∞/2)+4.

Well, the answer to that is simply infinity. The Dream Depot is large enough to contain many infinite-dimensional worlds.

I can even go further onto point out that Rosalina said that the universe resets itself throughout a cycle of rebirth. Since eternity exists and time is reset, we can interpret this to mean that an infinite number of time passes between the universe's cycle of rebirth, and thus the Dream Depot can contain enough to let endless eternities pass.

This makes the low-end being several infinite-dimensional worlds and the high-end being several infinite^infinite-dimensional worlds. This is a valid high-end, not a remotely exaggerated one. Even if you strongly deny this for some reason, the Dream Depot still definitely contains and encompasses an uncountably infinite number of dreams, and then likely contains and encompasses many infinite-dimensional worlds, so I would rate those who scale to the Dream Depot feats High 1-B.

Tl;dr, the Dream Depot is definitely at least infinite-dimensional, likely repeating an infinite sets of infinite nights onto that.

Why is this important for Paper Mario? It has to do with The Void, an inter-dimensional hole summoned by the Chaos Heart that was going to consume and destroy all worlds in the Marioverse, which includes the Dream Depot.

And The Void is like infinitely weaker than the Chaos Heart, which itself is comparable to the Purity Heart, if not being blatantly weaker than the Purity Heart.

Keep in mind that I am NOT requesting them to be High 1-B, since they do not scale to the Dream Depot and are infinitely stronger than it.

If nothing else, they're baseline 1-A.

"The Super Mario Brothers 3 guidebook says that the pits in Bowser's Castle are bottomless. Before this is passed off as hyperbole, the guidebook also clarifies that World 8 is the Underworld, so it makes perfect sense for them to have literally bottomless pits, and thus, be infinite in size."

"And the underworld having literal bottomlessness is a common trope in fiction, so I don't understand what's wrong there."

None of this even remotely proves it's not hyperbole. Bring actual proof that the pits in World 8 are truly bottomless that isn't "But it's called the Underworld and it's a common trope that it has bottomless pits" because that's weak and won't cut it. Also the never ending layers of clouds statement you also linked, also hyperbole unless you can give evidence that it's not.

I have a strong feeling that this will be denied and I don´t mind because this sort of wank is so absurd it doesn´t even make sence as of right now.

Is it a wank, or are you guys just unwilling to admit that Paper Mario has the potential to be Outerverse?

I call the latter, considering the shit reputation this website already has. Didn't realize someone already made another thread, and even there, the counter-arguments could be summed up as calcs > feats/statements because of your inability to counter-argue against a feat.

And of course there's other shit tier scaling in this wiki (Wolverine being Solar System with claws) and ass admins wanking their favorite verses and downplaying everything they don't agree with.

I rest my case, ban me if you must.

GodJank said:
Didn't realize someone already made another thread, and even there, the counter-arguments could be summed up as calcs > feats/statements because of your inability to counter-argue against a feat.
This isn't being rejected because "There's no calcs for tier 1 Mario so it doesn't count" It's being rejected because there's no feats or statements that even come close to supporting something as absurd as Outerversal Mario, you're just taking hyperbole too seriously.

Dust Collector said:
GodJank said:
Didn't realize someone already made another thread, and even there, the counter-arguments could be summed up as calcs > feats/statements because of your inability to counter-argue against a feat.
This isn't being rejected because "There's no calcs for tier 1 Mario so it doesn't count" It's being rejected because there's no feats or statements that even come close to supporting something as absurd as Outerversal Mario, you're just taking hyperbole too seriously.
So you're just going to ignore how The Void was going to consume and destroy the Marioverse (which includes sub-verses like Wario, Yoshi, DK-verse) as well as the Dream Depot, which itself is infinite-dimensional?

We're just gonna ignore how base Paper Mario tanking The Void exploding as a feat, and Purity Heart-amped defeating Super Dimentio (who are both infinitely more powerful than The Void)?

ok

Okay, some issues with this:

• A universe does not necessarily have an infinite number of beings in it
  • Dimensional levels aren't raised just because you grow infinitely stronger. Check out the scaling chains in Digimo and Shin Megami Tensei.
  • Nothing implies that the dream depot can't just grow as the number of worlds increases as opposed to just being huge
  • Nothing indicates that the dream worlds persist when things stop dreaming
  • Dream Depot wasn't a thing at the time of Paper Mario and as such I'm not sure that can really be scaled like that
  • Being infinitely above High 1-B wouldn't even make you 1-A
At best, you'd get a really high end of 2-B by the looks of things.

Anyways, as for your other complaints:

• A lot of comics files are pretty bad yeah but there is a revision for them being organized, just taking a while. Removing that 4-B with claws was agreed a while ago.
  • If you think an admin's wanking their shit feel free to make a thread contesting their thoughts on that. Admin enjoyed verses aren't immune to scrutiny.

@GodJank

What? I'm not ignoring stuff like the Void destroying the Marioverse or Paper Mario when amped by the Pure Hearts beating Super Dimentio, don't make rash assumptions like that please. What I am ignoring is the blatant hyperbole that you're trying to use to justify the Dream Depot being infinite dimensional.

I super mega hiper ultra EX DX 2.0 Soul Revenge Bloodlusted stronglylylyly disagree on this x95673258386364^10^10^10^∞

Stacking infinites doesnt make a uncontably Infinity, even if they are infinite infinities. So it doesnt go remotely close to tier 1.

And because im Sleepy and its 1:20 AM i "dumbed" my argument a lot (said too little, and i was simple here).

Dededelete this.

Wokistan said:
Okay, some issues with this:
  • A universe does not necessarily have an infinite number of beings in it
  • Dimensional levels aren't raised just because you grow infinitely stronger. Check out the scaling chains in Digimo and Shin Megami Tensei.
  • Nothing implies that the dream depot can't just grow as the number of worlds increases as opposed to just being huge
  • Nothing indicates that the dream worlds persist when things stop dreaming
  • Dream Depot wasn't a thing at the time of Paper Mario and as such I'm not sure that can really be scaled like that
  • Being infinitely above High 1-B wouldn't even make you 1-A
At best, you'd get a really high end of 2-B by the looks of things.

Anyways, as for your other complaints:

• A lot of comics files are pretty bad yeah but there is a revision for them being organized, just taking a while. Removing that 4-B with claws was agreed a while ago.
  • If you think an admin's wanking their shit feel free to make a thread contesting their thoughts on that. Admin enjoyed verses aren't immune to scrutiny.
Even with all things considered, if he is (in here) considered high 2-B at best, then why hasn't he and Super Dimentio been ranked higher? There are a lot of arguments for them being ranked there (or higher, but having a lengthy debate on that is a different discussion).

I think he was referring to a high end of 2-B.

However, I don't think you can really scale Dimentio to the Dream Depot since he made that statement before the Dream Depot was a thing, and we don't let "infinitely stronger" statements push people into 2-A anymore (don't remember why).

Wokistan said:
However, I don't think you can really scale Dimentio to the Dream Depot since he made that statement before the Dream Depot was a thing.
The Dream Depot actually predates Dimentios statement by a good 3 and a half years.

Wasn't Dream Depot in the M&L game with the focus on Luigi?

@Wokistan I mean, if he's stated to destroy the entire verse, it should go up to how big the verse is. If the Dream Depot is part of the Mario verse, then yeah he should scale to that. Of course, even then that is still just 2-B, not tier 1.

As for infinitely stronger no longer being 2-A, it's because of universe sizes and the distances between universes being unquantifiable, so you need actual feats of destroying infinite universes to be 2-A.

The dimension where you visit outer space is stated to be infinite in size by different peoples. Hope this helps your claims in anyway.

"You can get to the infinite
reaches of outer space
through this green door..."

"Oog... Are you an explorer?
If so, could you check
something out for me?

Space is infinite, right?
So can you find out where
infinity ends? Thanks..."

"Where to in such a hurry?
Space is endless... Ooog...
You oughta take your time..."

"Oog... So space is infinite...
And that infinite space is
filled with hopes and dreams..."

"This young man is Blarfle...
He's a strapping young
Blobule...

He never leaves this star,
but drives his thoughts to
the endless spaces..."

"You protected all of that,
along with all the worlds...
Oog... Thanks..."

IWokistan said:
Wasn't Dream Depot in the M&L game with the focus on Luigi?
I don't see how that's relevant. Even if it's predates it or if it becomes a thing later on, it doesn't make the scaling irrelevant. If characters were locked to just being scalable to things that predates it, then we'd have characters who's powerscaling would be way, way different.

Merlight said:
Now this seems a lot more promising than the other statements. Although Woks points still make it iffy if this would boost them behind 2-B, but it might make them higher end 2-B.

Is it that funny to you? Because it's been confirmed that Mario has no canon, so they could be qualified as the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back