• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of Panty and Stocking's stats could use some changes.

First, the 415 ton MCB base form feat.

8E99F739-6100-42E4-B4A3-5B485E6A0FC5
There is some missing context that significantly changes things.

Panty and Stocking stole the Demon Sisters' weapons to fight a ghost. As you can see on the top few panels, it is stated that the great power that the weapons displayed were actually the result of a reaction to them. The profile for Panty says:

"She and her sister threw their weapons at a mountain hard enough to destroy it"

However, that is not true based off of what the manga says. The weapons were amped and then never seen again. I don't think you could scale this to durability, either. Since it is like a reaction and not physical might, scaling it to durability (and thus back to AP) would be like scaling an ordinary human to wall level because they threw and successfully detonated an MK3 grenade.

Besides that, I think Panty and Stocking could use a speed upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzsTLapS3o

At about 5:47, Stocking runs from Daten City to several different places around the Earth, and eventually space, in about ten seconds. (I thought the last part was supposed to represent her running around the Earth because she was kicking up a dust trail in space or something, which would be sub-relativistic with that timeframe, but that seems more like baseless conjecture in retrospect, so this could probably use some calcs I suppose.) This should be an upgrade from high hypersonic from a feat also performed by Stocking and most anyone who compares to them, especially Panty, who is supposed to be faster than Stocking, should scale.

If the MCB mountain bust is removed, the last stat that base Angels were at was large building, which comes from KE of the Stocking feat. However, I think some feats have not been given a fair shake in Panty and Stocking.

In episode five, Panty kills a ghost in base form that took the form of a blimp and was capable of flying to the moon, I think, in a one minute and 20 second timeframe or something. Keep in mind the moon in Panty and Stocking is not that far outside of the atmosphere and is very different from the IRL moon, so the distance should be atmospheric height. Anyway, I wanted a rough estimate of what this could get a long time ago, so I ended up finding out that the ghost went just under hypersonic speeds and, using the Hindenburgh as a reference for mass, (finding its actual mass would obviously be more accurate) the Kinetic Energy of the Ghost would have been city block level. If a calc request can be made for a more accurate version, that would be preferred. (Assuming it is agreed that the MCB feat is not usable, anyway)

In the second half of episode 3, Panty fires Backlace to one-shot a bunch of ghosts and she creates a massive explosion that is visibly larger than multiple buildings. One, this is a feat, (idk what it would yield) and two, this should also be put on her page somewhere because this means she has a pretty big AoE range potentially. She has made explosions with Backlace in the manga as well when she destroyed a gymnasium in an explosion.

Back on that episode 3 feat though,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auogYuChXT0 (Happens at about 18:27)

Keep in mind I don't know if this is really a base form feat. Part of the Angel Form animation plays, but when it stops, they aren't in their uniforms anymore when the feat happens. Could be a supporting feat I guess.

Lastly, and this is kind of a small thing,

Other Gods' page says: "At least Multi-City Block level (Is around this size." However, I thought there was a highlighted thread at one point about how to quantify feats of characters fighting a Large Size character who did not have a significant GBE. (City sized enemies for example) Especially when all Panty and Stocking did was cut them, shouldn't this be removed? There is already a more legitimate feat listed there, (destroying chunks of Daten City) so I don't really see the point.

That's all.

What are you talking about?

That is more conjecture-based at best, really. There is another Panty and Stocking manga and THAT is deemed non-canon, (creator says it takes place in an alternate universe) but Panty and Stocking in Manga Strip has had no such confirmation.

Well I think to keep up consistency only the anime should be used because it's the original scource material. Besides, Saying that the Manga strip above has no such conformation means that it's questionable canonically and can't really be used.

I remember in part 2 of the 1st episode there was a speeding ghost truck and Stocking easily sliced it in half. Why not use that feat, unless you know of a better feat in the anime to use.

That's not going to be very impressive AP-wise.

Also, it seems that if there is not a contradiction, then it is accepted as canon here. Castlevania had Judgment accepted as canon because there were no contradictions to its canonicity that weren't refuted.

Idk how a manga that was made by the director of the show, are known as side stories, and is in an episodic format just like the show (which already lacks a great deal of continuity) can really be argued as non-canonical.

Don't really know what else they were supposed to be really

Besides, occam's razor slices up the argument about it being non-canon anyway. Takes more assumptions.

The 8-A feat was literally done by the Anarchy sisters putting their power into the Daemon sisters' weapons, which turned them into bombs

Not necessarily

Translation says "It must be the demonic energy reacting to us"

Not them manually putting it into the weapons. That's not said in the chapter.

Yes, the demonic energy of the sisters' undergarments reacting to the angelic energy of the sisters putting their power into them to turn them into weapons

I don't really see how that affects anything though. Even if that is true, (Seems to be a lot extrapolated from just two panels that don't really convey that information) they imply in the top three panels that the immense power they had was a result of that reaction of demonic and angelic energy, which does not happen again in the series.

Also, I'd like to know how a speed upgrade sounds as well if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back