• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Palutena vs. Ishtar

"However her vessel has removed those abilities, leading to the skill turning into a simple Charisma skill while reducing the rank from EX to B"

Probably

Edwardtruong2006 said:
"However her vessel has removed those abilities, leading to the skill turning into a simple Charisma skill while reducing the rank from EX to B"

Probably
^It's a charisma skill it won't affect her much

Charisma does affect people much, like at higher ranks it's literally passive mindhax to the point that Gil refers to it as a curse

Paul Frank said:
Charisma does affect people much, like at higher ranks it's literally passive mindhax to the point that Gil refers to it as a curse
Pretty sure it does not affect people enough to be useful in a fight unless there is some EX rank charm bs that I missed out on.

Even at B, she caused Nero (who has high mental resistance from Imperial Privilege and her Migraine Skills) to see sparkles and flower petals. IIRC it was just from her standing there not even trying that hard to look good.

It'll work in combat. If it amps her observation ability it'll automatically focus on Ishtar's charm. No to mention she's kinda lacking in the shame department--there'll be lots to look at.

so... what's Ishtar gonna do against Palu's Power Mimicry/ Power Nullification ?

if she can't get around that everything that is a good win con for her will become Palu's and she won't have it anymore

If she's already under Ishtar's charm, all these abilities are hindered. Hard. Given that Palu opens with stat amps, I'd say she'll have a hard time getting out of it.

Most of what Ishtar can do comes from her Authority. That is, her power over a concept or object. Palutena cannot acquire such privileges or rights through mimicry--even if she could, Ishtar's original would still override hers.

her charm isn't enough to decide this battle tho.

Palutena could probably also outlast because she has better defenses with shields and better mobility with teleportation.

Also Attack reflection and black hole creation (which is good both offensively and defensively)

Palutena also has invisibility and imo Ishtars passive charm is definitly not enough to get her the win while Palutena has all the tools to win

I vote Palutena

Yeah, but up to now it's only been passive.

Ishtar can use her charm actively. She wasn't even trying in the scenario I mentioned earlier.

And please stop making me think of Yuri scenes with heavy, goddess-on-goddess seduction.

As I said, if Ishtar actively uses the full power of her charm (she WILL use it once she sees it's even slightly effective--it's part of her schtick), Palutena can't very well use black holes and shields when she's basically falling in love, can she now?

Oh, yes, Ishtar is the goddess of love, sex, war, justice and power.

I know she is... I'm just sceptical if this is enough/ quick enough to win the fight.

because her charm in her vessel is lessened and won't be enough to immediatly decide the fight.

she also wouldn't directly start with it probably while palu stat amps Ishtar would probably go in to melee or shoot stuff at palu. then a stat amped palu defeats her with all the tools I mentioned above

(I know goddess yuri sounds awesome but I just don't think it's how this will go lol)

Yes, but her opening with melee or basic shots was:

1) Against Demonic Beasts;

2) Against her greatest enemy Gilgamesh (who only managed to resist her charms with help from Enkidu, and even then almost lost it);

3) Against King Hassan, who she thought had just killed her sister, Ereshkigal.

So no, against Palutena who she has no beef with, she would go for the charm offense, if she sees that it's even slightly effective.

Steamy...scenes ensue (I am a girl...why am I thinking these scenes), and the true winners are us.

then that would be incon becuse it's a win win. beautiful goddess gets to be with beautiful goddess lol

tbf I only know her from her profile and the anime adaptation and she never even once used the charm and even Ritsuka (the weak MC who is only there as a mana battery and to say generic lines) wasn't affected even once

You seriously believe that MC is a 'normal person'????

I mean, Nasu calls ALL his MCs 'normal people' and look what they did.

MC also resists Kiara and Kama's 2-A passive charms, for reference.

Just...let's not go down the 'weak and normal person' rabbit hole. It ends in front of truck-kun.

you just reminded me of my fit of disgust after looking through categories yesterday and IN ALMOST EVERY ******* CATEGORY is that annoying little blue blob.

cough caugh bad writing caugh

but yeah the 3 MC's I know from Nasu are all giant ******* outliers in and of themselves lol

What? What category? What little blue blob? Rimuru the Slime and his friend Yuuki whose ultimate moves should be to F themselves?

Tell me about it. Nasu just loves making things vague and existential, doesn't he?

exactly that blue little blob lol.

and yes that should indeed be their ultimate move. it's a team move that summons the other of the two. it's called Sodomy king/queen Slaanesh and destroys the omniverse and all other fiction with the power of a..fuckery leaving only the cheap ones with self insert and power creep behind

(Yes I am a little proud of that joke, Now I'm gonna hide from the fanbase behind my altar dedicated to Lucifer morningstar who is even more OP but rightfully so)

I'm sorry. I went off topic.

I still vote Palu because I'm not convinced that servant ishtars charm can end the fight before she gets ended

If we don't consider the HOW of the affecting factors, then yes.

But Ishtar's charm can stalemate or win, because the effect accumulates, and because her role as goddess of love and sex means it's absolutely in character for her to use it to her advantage.

I'll see which way the wind blows before voting, but if there is no upset, it should be Ishtar or Incon.

she's a goddess of love yes but in her servant body she definitly doesn't act it atleast from what I know from the anime

from my knowledge she wouldn't open up with goddess yuri until it is to too late

Back