• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pacific Rim: Gypsy Danger speed revision

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Gypsy_Danger

I have made corrections and better defined the the workings and details of how the Jaeger(s) work. First off, most are not limited by stamina, however they rely on a power source. Some are electronic, some are nuclear, for instance. Same with intellegence, as it is a machine, a computer and let's face it, a mech, plain and simple. However with the twist of needing two Drift compatible pilots, and not to mention it can be used by one, but only for a short time, while heavily taxing a pilot. That's all I fixed on the page, with the exception of justifying the lifting strength rating.

However, the speed I find it highly unjust. The movie depicts in real time, that when a Jaeger runs it can greatly outspeed a vehicle. For example in this scene ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FSKs5IGAZU ) at around 0:56 it jogs toward the kaiju (Otachi) and stops when it loses sight to hunt it down. It was not moving at the page states at "22 mph" in my eyes. This seems simply stupid. Also, its reaction time is relatively fast too. At 2:15 in the same clip it dodges a spew of acidic material. Then without hesitation they (the pilots) attempt to rip the acid sack out of its mouth, realizing the danger of it.

This is not the only feats or showings, especially if we include other Jaegers' feats, but I will add and edit this post as I find more to support this claim.

Back