• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 1: One Too Many Deaths - Reaper (Overwatch) vs Revenant (Apex Legends)

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Reaper gets intel of an assassin roaming about in America. He tracked down the elusive "Revenant" to the White House, where he plans to kill a Talon deep cover operative. Upon arrival via the loading bay, Reaper walks in on the Talon operative with a red metal arm sticking through his chest.

"That man was in deep cover for months now. Just who the hell are you?"

The Revenant removes his bloodied arm from the man's chest and stares the Reaper dead in the eyes.

"Death."

"Funny, but the name's taken."

Reaper fires a shot at Revenant, who narrowly dodges by bending over backwards into a summersault. In that instant, the alarms in the White House start blaring, distracting Reaper for a moment. The simulacrum takes this opportunity to rush the man in black. He pushes Reaper down and stiffens his hand, ready to impale his throat. Revenant strikes downward with force, but feels his hand slam through concrete as Reaper's form dissipates into smoke. Before Revenant can react, Reaper reforms behind him and grabs him by the neck, locking him in a rear neck choke.

"Nice trick, but two can play at this game."

As soon as Revenant says that, his chassis transforms into an ashen colour. His form too, dissipates, and he reforms away from his black-clad counterpart. The two stand across each other. Eyes locked in anticipation. But before either of them can engage, the sound of footsteps are heard loudly from all directions.

"It looks like our dance has been cut short. But don't worry, you're too fun to keep alive. If you care to avenge your dead comrade, come find me. Or don't... I'll just find you..."

With that, Revenant jumps into the ceiling, escaping through the vents. Just as he leaves, a group of secret service men enter the room. They scan the area but find no signs of movement anywhere. Meanwhile, a black smoke slips past their legs. The smoke makes its way deeper into the building, where it reforms back into a humanoid shape.

"Revenant... Heheheheh... Another one to the list..."​

Revenant has set up key locations around the White House prior with weapons from the Apex Games (This means all of them). He has access to any of them but has to physically travel to those locations to access them. Guards and secret service men patrolling the area also have Apex Games weapons on them (Assume Apex Games weapons are standard issue) including P2020s, Alternators, R301s, and Mastiff Shotguns. The White House also has a weapons cache with heavier weapons and prototypes such as the L-Star, Devotion, Longbow, Charge Rifle, Spitfire, etc. Revenant can choose to enter the cache or go to any of his stored weapons locations to obtain ammo and loot (Assume he has weaker weapons on lower floors, and stronger weapons on higher floors and fully kitted with the best gear for each weapon). In essence, he should have access to any Apex Games weapon (Including grenades, ammo, and healing items) at any given point in time.

Since he placed hidden weapons in the White House prior, Revenant has knowledge of the layout. Reaper has had Talon intel on the layout as well, prior to the mission. Revenant is also wearing fully gold gear (Armor, helmet, knockdown shield, and backpack). Based on their above interaction, they have surface level knowledge of each other's abilities.

Reaper is 0.008 tons and Revenant is 0.00308 tons.

Speed equalized. Victor determined by death or incapacitation.

May the better of two deaths win.

Outcome determined: Reaper's Victory

overwatch_reaper_fanart_by_free4fireyoutube_dbwj0g0-fullview.jpg
1rqwyd7d6me41.png

Last edited:
Okay so I'mma give this to Reaper
The two are basically near identical in terms of abilities on the offensive end with Reaper having over a 2x edge in stats so Reaper shoot shoot

Reaper's guns themselves don't seem to have force feats, and I'm told they have a penetration anti feat of bouncing off metal. As such, they shouldn't damage Reaper, who is bulletproof.

Also, Reaper's cells degenerate at a hyperaccelerated rate, but it's kept in check by his regen. Revenant has his power null orb. That means Reaper is ****** if that thing comes anywhere near him. Why? Because Reaper doesn't have feats of regenning from anything smaller than cells. Normally the interaction between the two is a bit in favor of his regeneration, but if that regeneration turns off, nothing stops the cells from degrading. At that point he's ****** even if he gets his powers back, because reforming from all the ruined cells would take a better feat of regen than he has.

Going with revenant.

Reaper's guns themselves don't seem to have force feats, and I'm told they have a penetration anti feat of bouncing off metal. As such, they shouldn't damage Reaper, who is bulletproof.
Not sure wha you mean, they shreded Winston's metal armor and blew holes in a metal mech just fine
Also, Reaper's cells degenerate at a hyperaccelerated rate, but it's kept in check by his regen. Revenant has his power null orb. That means Reaper is ****** if that thing comes anywhere near him. Why? Because Reaper doesn't have feats of regenning from anything smaller than cells. Normally the interaction between the two is a bit in favor of his regeneration, but if that regeneration turns off, nothing stops the cells from degrading. At that point he's ****** even if he gets his powers back, because reforming from all the ruined cells would take a better feat of regen than he has.
Reaper's cells dont nearly degenerate fast enough that it would be any semblance of a threat in combat. From his lore his cells were degenerating for days bfore Moira was able to get it under control and he was fine. Plus he was able to regen froma small cloud of Cells when Winston vaporized him.

Also im not exactly sure how this isnt a stomp when people on Reaper's level oneshot 9-A robots

But anyways if its not a stomp im going with Reaper

AP difference is barely more than 3x. Even if we assume Reaper one-shots 9-As at his level, Revenant can still harm him.

This not including the far greater variety Revenant has in terms of weapon choice and abilities.

Hell Reaper has canonically fought and killed hundreds of Omnics, which are made of metal, during the Omnic Crisis as well as heavily armored Talon cyborgs during the events of Retribution so i dont know where the idea that he cant shoot through metal comes from

AP difference is barely more than 3x. Even if we assume Reaper one-shots 9-As at his level, Revenant can still harm him.

This not including the far greater variety Revenant has in terms of weapon choice and abilities.
Does variety even matter against a more skilled opponentwho can oneshot tho?

More skilled than an assassin who spent close to 3 centuries killing heavily guarded targets?

Also Rev has access to weapons like the Kraber that one-shot characters on his AP range so that still evens out to an around 3x AP gap.

Also Rev has the exact same poof ability Reaper does, shooting him won't do much if he's prepared to take it.

More skilled than an assassin who spent close to 3 centuries killing heavily guarded targets?
Yes
Also Rev has access to weapons like the Kraber that one-shot characters on his AP range so that still evens out to an around 3x AP gap.
But that doesnt increase Revenant's durability
Also Rev has the exact same poof ability Reaper does, shooting him won't do much if he's prepared to take it.
Reaper spams stealth in combat to the point of being able to catch people with enhanced senses off guard even when theyre engaged in cqc with him so its unlikely that hewould be prepared to take Reaper's shots if Reaper doesnt want him to know theyre coming

Revenant holds the experience advantage any way you put it. He's killed enough people to populate small countries. That's way more than Reaper's body count.

True, but a well placed Silence grenade and then a Kraber headshot will put Reaper down all the same.

So does Revenant. He was built to carry out stealth assassinations to the point that his crouch walking is as fast as his regular walk speed with the benefit of being absolutely silent.

Revenant holds the experience advantage any way you put it. He's killed enough people to populate small countries. That's way more than Reaper's body count.
Experience yeah but experience and skill are two different things
True, but a well placed Silence grenade and then a Kraber headshot will put Reaper down all the same.
I mean in the same vein literally anything reaper hits revenant with will put revenant down
So does Revenant. He was built to carry out stealth assassinations to the point that his crouch walking is as fast as his regular walk speed with the benefit of being absolutely silent.
When has Revenant stealth killed someone who is looking right at him and actively fistfighting him?

Can Revenant Power Null biological processes that aren't within Reaper's complete control? This isn't some strange magic and isn't something technology based due to not being a hackable thing. You could say the power null may stop him from exerting his will on it like dispersing his body or teleporting, but stopping the regeneration I would need more answers for before believing.

I'd say he holds the experience with age, but the relevant experience necessary for this fight in particular is still relatively even. Reaper being described as a one-man army with no allegiance to any organization fighting in armed conflicts for years after he took on his title. There isn't something new they need to experience here that they each probably haven't already seen besides their unique quirks and how they cope with them.

They are both stealth experts, Reaper I'm assuming is armed with grenades because he has used them and its on his page, his loadout however is slightly more restrictive than Revenant's but that hasn't stopped him from working around that before.

Threat Detection can somewhat help with getting surprised which is a plus Revenant has, however Wraith Form and Shadow Step allow Reaper to escape harms way and reposition himself quickly should he be in a disadvantageous spot, meaning should he catch himself being subject to a grenade before it goes off he has the potential to escape it, regardless of what it is.

This is very close-quarters so Death Blossom or any clean shot from the Hellfire Shotguns could be a death sentence for Revenant, but they do have that Intangibility gimmick that can serve as a panic button, I suppose.

Neutral for now, don't find either arguments too compelling and I haven't completely decided who has the upper hand here yet.

Last edited:
I'm with Abstractions here, I'll wait for more input but I'm still leaning towards reaper as I'm not really sure where the idea that he cant shoot through metal comes from

Hm. I don't know either character too well, but going by the arguments presented thus far, I might give the edge to Reaper.

Back