• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muchacho_mrm

VS Battles
Image Helper
Ainz and those that scale should have resistance to atomization.

This sacred power would annihilate all evil beings, and even good entities would meet the same fate. The difference was only if they were reduced to sightless atoms, or if there would actually be remains left behind. This was the awesome power of magic that exceeded the realm of humanity. -Volume 1

The ones that scale would be those with negative karma. A strong maybe on neutral and above.

Not really given how he is racially vulnerable to it and the technique's method of eliminating him is in plain text.

"they were reduced to sightless atoms, or if there would actually be remains left behind. This was the awesome power of magic that exceeded the realm of humanity."

Uh, it didn't really explain how the beings were reduced to atoms by the sacred power. Is it really because of the mechanics of a specific ability, or is it a case of atomisation via AP like with Konosuba characters such as Vanir or the Dragon Ball characters? It mentioning the "awesome power" kind of made me think that it could possible be AP as well. Then again, Overlord has pretty weird mechanics, so I'm not really sure.

He is talking about the seventh tier of magic, so I believe it falls under standard resistance to magic. Maybe add a parentheses note that it includes seventh tier magic capable of atomization.

Firstly via AP seems redundant considering it's an unknown value, I want to say a nuke vs a human but I think that comparison is useless since the thermal pulse would incinirate you or the blast wave would blow you to pieces...not atomize you. For Konosuba if you mean Vanir's Death Ray, it's a technique, not AP.

Secondly through AP would be contradictory because we have cases of extreme fodder being hit by higher tiers.

Lastly it does explain 'how', it's tearing apart your molecules = "Sightless atoms"

Eh, there are cases where atomisation via AP actually exists in series such as Dragon Ball (and that includes atomising characters with superhuman durability), but fair enough.

By the way, the Atomisation you're talking about is called Deconstruction so it's actually Resistance to Deconstruction, just to let you know.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
If it is through hax, it would be resistance to Atomic Manipulation. But we don't have enough details to conclude it is hax.
It's not resistance to Matter Manipulation, it's resistance to Deconstruction. The text did not say anything about the atoms being manipulated, just that it has been reduced to such. The Deconstruction page even stated why it's different from the traditional Matter Manipulation.

So, should we apply resistance to deconstruction then?

@DeathNoodles

Whether it's your bonds losing cohesion or being teared apart, I'll let that be subjective.

@ShadowWhoWalks

Atomization is partly hax since it ignores durability and depends on your mass.

@Anvasima

Just to let you know I have no idea what sort of brackets to put for this, eg, [[

Should this be applied then?

I can do it tomorrow or maybe later, if someone wants to do it now go right ahead.

Tell me here when you are done.

Holy bananas, sorry missed that. I think you should ask the calc member that evaluated it on whether they want to accept it after you link them this thread

So should I close this thread or not?

DMUA had this to say so far when i asked him about whether the calc would remain as viable for AP, or if just hax

Ultimately it depends on how the verse treats it

if it isn't durability negation and is instead just raw blasting, it wouldn't give any real resistances

The quotes very heavily imply being reduced to "sightless atoms" is done through the raw power of the attack, which shouldn't give resistance to Deconstruction, which was my concern with this

If it's regarding this and not Lakyus' attack then everyone with level differences beyond 10 or so would be able to do so purely with AP (magically)

Vol 3:'
"[Penetrate Magic - Implosion]."
After casting this 10th tier spell — which was of the highest tier of magic the bodies of ten mercenaries began swelling up from inside. There was no time for them to cry out. All they could do was watch their bodies expand inexorably, looks of ignorant terror on their faces. Then, in the next moment, their bodies burst, like balloons popping.

"Hahahahhhahahaahaha! Firewoooooorks! How prettyyyyyyyy~"

Shalltar pointed to the spraying blood, applauding and cackling as she did.

A-bit contradictory there. Never was it stated what it was 'only' meant to do. From their tier and level gap and what tier 7 based off your words can do, this spell should have exploded him from the inside at a higher degree than what it should have done normally, leaving nothing of him since well this AP is higher than tier 7 by a large amount.

So should the resistance addition edits be reverted then?

there is no evidence Implosion would do more, it implodes people. Holy Smite is a big beam of power

and even then, there is such a thing as inconsistencies, if we cannot come to an agreement. DMUA made it clear being done through raw power would not grant a resistance, whether other high tier spells atomize in the future does not matter, this is done through raw power, and as such resistances should not be given

Okay then. If the resistances have already been added, the edits need to be reverted.

Apeironaxim said:
there is no evidence Implosion would do more, it implodes people. Holy Smite is a big beam of power
and even then, there is such a thing as inconsistencies, if we cannot come to an agreement. DMUA made it clear being done through raw power would not grant a resistance, whether other high tier spells atomize in the future does not matter, this is done through raw power, and as such resistances should not be given
Firstly, the first part of your post seems to ignore your previous statement of tier 7 doing so through AP. I think you seem to not be able to comprehend the flaws in your logic.

The second part of your post, you seem to have given up as you conclusively cannot prove anything above tier 7 doing the same. While I provided a quote showing otherwise.

Lastly implosion is exploding you from the inside. A tier 10' spell, by your own logic this is weaker than a tier 7' because of Holy Smite is a big beam of power"

@Antvasima

If the above can be proven false then I rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back