• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninjago: Overlord's page update

Guys, I would like us to finish this CRT before 11.01.2024, if possible, because then I will have a blockage in my studies and it will be extremely problematic to devote time to the forum. Can we do this?

@Qawsedf234 Sorry for pinging, but I would like to ask your opinion about Acaus 4 considering my latest message about it.

Three videos that explains how time works in Ninjago verse. So, altering events in the past will change something in future e.tc. We know Time exists across Realms (space-time continuums) and reality itself. Because Overlord existed forever (which means that he existed before the First Realm) and he exists outside of the reality (BDE Type 1 in his profile) he should operate on another causality system. In other words, this should give him Acausality (Type 4).

EDIT: if existence before and outside of regular causality can be considered as another causality system ofc
EDIT 2: Overlord also have resist to Fate Manip because he unaffected by Monks of the Cloud Kingdom. These guys literally writes fate of other species across the Realms. This is can be considered as part of his irregular causality
image.png

So what do you think about Acaus 4 now?
Well going by the FAQ

Q: What tier is transcending space and time?​

A: As said above, "transcending space and time" is a very vague statement by itself and can mean multiple things depending on the context in which it is made, as well as how this characteristic is portrayed in the first place. However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is qualitatively superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions. The answer may vary depending on this factor.

It is perfectly possible for a statement like transcending space and time to mean that a character is simply "untied" from the universe's spacetime, and is thus unaffected by alterations in the timeline and similar meddlings. It's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space." Transcend space and time can also refer to a spacetime continuum being different to a "regular" spacetime continuum (Say, a strange-looking reality that may hold a few different physical laws, for example) or slightly do be more complex than a regular universe, even significantly so, but not qualitatively superior. Something A being said to "transcend" something B in real life can refer to the former being superior to the latter in some qualities in a notable way, but still roughly compatible. It does not necessarily mean transcendence not in an immeasurable way that would be graphically indescribable, such as A's qualities being superior to B by infinite amounts. With this in mind, statements of realities or beings with transcendence over space & time/the universe/etc., on their own, are not assumed to refer to qualitatively superiority, unless of course further context may elaborate on and contextualize this.

It should also be noted that simply existing in some alternate state of existence that lacks time and/or space is not really grounds for any tier in particular, as lacking such things does not translate to being superior to them, and would most often overlap with abilities like Acausality or Nonexistent Physiology. A good example of a case like this is Dormammu (Marvel Cinematic Universe), who is stated to exist in a realm "far beyond time," yet never actually displays any superiority over it, and is in fact vulnerable to time-based abilities due to his timeless nature.
Then Type 4
Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.
To get Type 4, to me at least, you would have to show the Overlord actively being immune or resistant to those changes. Just existing before then still isn't a feat or showing of Acasual since it can be accomplished by his NEP.

Though the Cloud Temple WoG would probably count since its resisting Fate Manipulation.

Well going by the FAQ

Then Type 4

To get Type 4, to me at least, you would have to show the Overlord actively being immune or resistant to those changes. Just existing before then still isn't a feat or showing of Acasual since it can be accomplished by his NEP.

Though the Cloud Temple WoG would probably count since its resisting Fate Manipulation.
Well then. Your arguments seems simple and reasonable for me. Cloud Kingdom stuff shown just Fate Manip resistence and it can be specified in profile. Can I apply changes?

Last edited:
Back