• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninjago: Overlord's page update

Overlord_Darkness

Username Only
Hello there. Bringing up some new info I found.

Main thing here is the Overlord existed prior creation itself (before the First Realm as this Realm came into existence and hadn't existed forever)

zJk3ppBAT4E.jpg

QZRWipENY7g.jpg

Also an important thing I would like to revise is his Immortality Type 8. For now, VSBW considers his Immo 8 for his spirit, but in fact show claims that his Type 8 refers to his ability to recreate his vessels and physical forms as evil accumulates in the world.

Here

And here

This should led us to several updates of his abilities:
Immortality (Types 1, 3, 8: The Overlord can recreate his physical forms and vessels as evil accumulates in the world upon time. The Overlord's spirit exists independently from the reality in his void. The Overlord's spirit regenerated after Golden Power attacks upon him). [Parasitic immortality was never implied or mentioned in the show or any materials]

As for acausality it should be type 4 now because existence before space-time and conventional existence is a really strong thing: Acausality (Type 4: The Overlord existed before space-time and conventional existence itself).
It should also grant him Void Manipulation Resistance or NEP (Type 1) in some form (Ethereal Divide refers as "Nothing Space" in Dragons Rising and Overlord exists in his own void domain)

Agree: @Minaaaa, @TuNtAM, @Aolphl, @Wikisource, @Lloydblitzed, @Oliver_de_jesus, @henryzx900ruly, @NatzuX, @DarkDragonMedeus
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
I agree with the immortality part.

Regarding acausality 4, you need to prove that cause and effect exists in spacetime but more specifically as quoted here.

Note: Being completely independent of space, time, laws, or similar forces does not make you completely independent of causality without the relationship between these forces and causality being clarified, with it only being considered as evidence for an irregular relationship with causality otherwise.

About NEP1 and void manip resistance. Existing in the void or something similar doesn't give you NEP1, just like if you go swimming you won't turn into water. Existing in the void does not make you a void (Unless clearer evidence is provided). Regarding void manip resistance, I think this might be okay, although I feel it's quite ambiguous.

Regarding acausality 4, you need to prove that cause and effect exists in spacetime but more specifically as quoted here.
There are a lot of examples in Ninjago series: time-travel in season 1 with Megaweapon that altered some aspects (like Garmadon never had an Megaweapon), Wu's statements about changing in Season 7 and Jay's final wish that changed a whole Season 6. But for scan I'll use this:

This is canonical short that explains what exactly happened to Wu in final episode of Season 7: Hands of Time. Here, Wu directly claims that altering time leads to changing a whole past and, as result, a present and future.

About NEP1 and void manip resistance. Existing in the void or something similar doesn't give you NEP1, just like if you go swimming you won't turn into water. Existing in the void does not make you a void (Unless clearer evidence is provided). Regarding void manip resistance, I think this might be okay, although I feel it's quite ambiguous.
That's why I support a discussion. Void Resist seems fine considering that this void is not tide to Realms and only the Overlord shown any manipulation with it (inviting Harumi's soul and talking with her without a direct presence on- and off-screen)

Hello there. Bringing up some new info I found.

Main thing here is the Overlord existed prior creation itself (before the First Realm as this Realm came into existence and hadn't existed forever)

zJk3ppBAT4E.jpg

QZRWipENY7g.jpg

Also an important thing I would like to revise is his Immortality Type 8. For now, VSBW considers his Immo 8 for his spirit, but in fact show claims that his Type 8 refers to his ability to recreate his vessels and physical forms as evil accumulates in the world.

Here

And here

This should led us to several updates of his abilities:
Immortality (Types 1, 3, 8: The Overlord can recreate his physical forms and vessels as evil accumulates in the world upon time. The Overlord's spirit exists independently from the reality in his void. The Overlord's spirit regenerated after Golden Power attacks upon him). [Parasitic immortality was never implied or mentioned in the show or any materials]

As for acausality it should be type 4 now because existence before space-time and conventional existence is a really strong thing: Acausality (Type 4: The Overlord existed before space-time and conventional existence itself).
It should also grant him Void Manipulation Resistance or NEP (Type 1) in some form (Ethereal Divide refers as "Nothing Space" in Dragons Rising and Overlord exists in his own void domain)

Agree: @Minaaaa, @TuNtAM, @Aolphl, @Wikisource
Neutral:
Disagree:

Ye I agree too

A easier way to get Overlord to Acausality Type 4 is this statement from Tommy saying he cannot be affected by the Cloud Kingdom which has Fate Manipulation

image.png

I think we need some staff members here
This feat is also an easy 2-C for his Dragon Form (since he can spar with USM Lloyd, who has all of FSM powers). Would scale to the Crystal King too as he is the "perfect vessel" and should be comparable if not stronger then his Dragon Form

and it scales his Golden Master Form since he has the powers of USM Lloyd and said to be above FSM too

image.png

This would apply to FSM too

Last edited:
Would have liked more staff input for bigger upgrades, but if no one responds soon; it may be fine.

The Immortality changes and NEP I don't see issue with, but Acasual requires an actual showing or statement of operating on a different set of casualty. Just living before something is meaningless and a fear is needed.
I sent it above, but.. Okay.

Three videos that explains how time works in Ninjago verse. So, altering events in the past will change something in future e.tc. We know Time exists across Realms (space-time continuums) and reality itself. Because Overlord existed forever (which means that he existed before the First Realm) and he exists outside of the reality (BDE Type 1 in his profile) he should operate on another causality system. In other words, this should give him Acausality (Type 4).

EDIT: if existence before and outside of regular causality can be considered as another causality system ofc
EDIT 2: Overlord also have resist to Fate Manip because he unaffected by Monks of the Cloud Kingdom. These guys literally writes fate of other species across the Realms. This is can be considered as part of his irregular causality

image.png

Last edited:
The Immortality changes and NEP I don't see issue with, but Acasual requires an actual showing or statement of operating on a different set of casualty. Just living before something is meaningless and a fear is needed.
So the tier changing is ok? Also what does "NEP" means

Back