• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

So the title "Witch of the Ruined Country" was really for Renner. Pretty solid build up so far and seems like only 3-4 volumes are left for end game

Since it seems my point wasn't clear, I'll elaborate. Of-course Renner nor the volume name are taboo topics, but for someone who's in the 'know', would know what I was implying, especially with the spoiler you've posted.

Anyways this is an issue for whoever found it displeasing.

What I posted is far from being a "spoiler" because everything in regards of context to it happened YEARS ago in previous arcs.

- V9 Demiurge, Albedo and others discussed how Renner would be fitting to work under Nazarick as a pawn to help in takeover the Country (Re-Estize) which made Albedo further curious to meet her and discuss all of that.

- V10 Albedo meets with Renner, explains everything to which she fully agrees and helps them accordingly in behind the scenes schemes. Even literally stating about her cooperation on a full on attack in order to takeover the Country. Hell, Renner even received a gift from Ainz for her contributions.

- V14 official announcement (came out months ago) literally stating about Nazarick attacking the country.

So no, it wasn't a spoiler. What actually would've been a "SPOILER" is if I had mentioned an event that happened in V14.

Why do I feel like you're blowing this small thing out of proportion. Firstly 'The Witch of the Falling Kingdom' can refer to any number of known/unknown characters. Last time I checked Renner is no witch.

Secondly, I personally thought it would be Evileye. As she is technically from a fallen kingdom and the finallly would feature her being outed as Landfall, resulting in a kingdom wide witch hunt of her as well the Blue Rose becoming outcasts for sheltering her.

So saying 'x' character is the reason for 'x' volume, even before people have read it and justifying your action with a 'look at the build up' even though people can have different opinions/theories on the matter isn't really a good idea.

With that, I've dropped this topic.

" Last time I checked Renner is no witch" like I figured, you misinterpreted and tried to blow it with baseless assumptions. I wasn't talking abut her being a "witch" in a literal sense but as an evil woman which was revealed years ago about her nature and lastly the " Ruined Country" as I explained already in my previous comment.

I never even said or implied "'x' character is the reason for 'x' volume", nice strawmanning. Already explained how context of what I said co-related to previous volumes. not recent one.

Comprehension is a thing, jumping out of conclusion "oh no so she turned into a witch" when no such thing even happened just shows how you were looking to create a baseless drama instead of directly stating your issue in first place but nah "people who's in the know will know". Good thing you understood your fault and dropped the topic.

XBlake123 said:
" Last time I checked Renner is no witch" like I figured, you misinterpreted and tried to blow it with baseless assumptions. I wasn't talking abut her being a "witch" in a literal sense but as an evil woman which was revealed years ago about her nature and lastly the " Ruined Country" as I explained already in my previous comment.
The definition is more associated with supernatural powers than the other definitions that are: old hag, alluring/charming woman, evil woman. Hilma fits two of those, is she the reason for the volume name? Again, like I said you're using things to try to justify your spoiler, even though people can have varying theories. And I have already given another theory.

XBlake123 said:
I never even said or implied "'x' character is the reason for 'x' volume", nice strawmanning.
In your rush to reply you should have noticed why I said that;

So the title "Witch of the Ruined Country" was really for Renner.
~ XBlake123​
XBlake123 said:
Comprehension is a thing, jumping out of conclusion "oh no so she turned into a witch" when no such thing even happened just shows how you were looking to create a baseless drama instead of directly stating your issue in first place but nah "people who's in the know will know". Good thing you understood your fault and dropped the topic.
You've already stated she is the reason the for the volume's title. I don't think I've said 'oh no so she turned into a witch' since beyond the title being spoiled, I was looking forward to reading it for more context. Is that another spoiler?

"The definition is more associated with supernatural powers". That's your headcanon, not the premise of the Overlord.

> Nazarick planning to attack and take over country stated years ago

> Renner being the only one from country helping Nazarick behind the scenes stated years ago

> Renner having no care about her people stated years ago

> Nazarick (SK) attacking country revealed in official announcement of V14 last year

"In your rush to reply you should have noticed why I said that"

So now you are assuming "Renner" is the reason for V14? Like I said earlier, nice strawmanning.

" Is that another spoiler"

No. It isn't. But could be according to your assumption?

XBlake123 said:
"The definition is more associated with supernatural powers". That's your headcanon, not the premise of the Overlord.
Not according to google, as the 'informal' definition is that of an evil women and other such stuff while primary one is the one related to supernatural. In fact most sites give this as the primary; A woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones.

XBlake123 said:
So now you are assuming "Renner" is the reason for V14? Like I said earlier, nice strawmanning.
If you mean me, no. That is a quote of your post.

XBlake123 said:
"Is that another spoiler" No. It isn't. But could be according to your assumption?
That was a genuine question as you've put forth something new on the table I didn't say.

It seems talking to you is impossible as you're seemingly unable to grasp the core issue here. You've given a spoiler, then went on a rant about how it isn't a spoiler. Then given context from previous volumes as though everyone would have come to the same conclusion/opinion on it. <--- This is what you just can't comprehend.

"Not according to google"

Except no one here is talking about google definitions, we're talking about Overlord. Renner being a "witch" to her country was revealed way before V14 due to her evil nature, helping Nazarick, etc. Hell, I can even quote the novel chapter where once she was literally referred as a "witch". You assuming her being a "literal witch" and then trying to back it up with google is irrelevant to premise of entire argument.

"If you mean me, no. That is a quote of your post"

My quote was to the title, not the entire novel itself. Comprehension is a thing.

"That was a genuine question as you've put forth something new on the table I didn't say."

No, I didn't put anything new on table. Everything I said was in regards to your previous baseless drama.

So in conclusion, I gave no spoiler, your headcanon along with poor comprehension turned your arguments into a mess, you realized it and tried to shift on "google definitions" thinking it will help you, I gave proper context to what I said in order to prove that it indeed wasn't a spoiler.

Tldr; you should read, then comprehend it and then finally actually write.

Did Ainz use Goal of all life is Death only one time so far? It is a pretty powerful spell so I was wondering if he never used it again after fight with Shalltear

How about you both cut this shit out?

Also, Blake, I don't care how much you think things are obvious due to build up, put a lid on it and don't discuss without proper spoiler tags.

Am asking nicely.

XBlake123 said:
"Not according to google"
Except no one here is talking about google definitions, we're talking about Overlord. Renner being a "witch" to her country was revealed way before V14 due to her evil nature, helping Nazarick, etc. Hell, I can even quote the novel chapter where once she was literally referred as a "witch". You assuming her being a "literal witch" and then trying to back it up with google is irrelevant to premise of entire argument.
What is this? It is fine to say you're wrong as you've stated that the definition of a witch is more related to the supernatural is my 'headcanon', followed by me giving evidence as to why it is not and now you're steering clear of that blunder. Also using google is relevant here, as my entire argument was based off 'witch' being supernatural. Are you feeling well?

XBlake123 said:
"If you mean me, no. That is a quote of your post"
My quote was to the title, not the entire novel itself. Comprehension is a thing.
Since you're saying 'comprehension is a thing' you should be well aware of the topic at hand, that being the title. In fact that first post I explained the 'x' character thing, I heavily implied the issue was the title, even giving my theory of why it should have been Evileye.

XBlake123 said:
No, I didn't put anything new on table. Everything I said was in regards to your previous baseless drama.
So in conclusion, I gave no spoiler, your headcanon along with poor comprehension turned your arguments in a mess, you realized it and tried to shift on "google definitions" thinking it will help you, I gave proper context to what I said to prove it indeed wasn't a spoiler.

Tldr; you should read, then comprehend it and then finally actually write.
You did put something new on the table by stating "oh no so she turned into a witch". When did I say that?

Also your conclusion seems like you've completely forgotten the fact that the title being 'for' Renner is a spoiler, this coupled with the fact that you're seemingly unable to grasp how/why anyone would come to a different conclusion/theory as to whom the title may pertain to. In this dense state you think it does not count as a spoiler

I mentioned google because you've called it 'my headcanon' with the whole definition thing.

WolfGuyakira said:
Did Ainz use Goal of all life is Death only one time so far? It is a pretty powerful spell so I was wondering if he never used it again after fight with Shalltear
Hardly anything resists or merits him using such power, so only one time, unless you count the side story where he is warped to the New World, alone, and way before the time he is sent to in the main series.

Also, again, drop it please.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
How about you both cut this shit out?
Also, Blake, I don't care how much you think things are obvious due to build up, put a lid on it and don't discuss without proper spoiler tags.

Am asking nicely.
Alright. But can I reply to his second last comment? He did that after five minutes of yours and tried to play a safe card by replying to your after doing that comment.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
WolfGuyakira said:
Hardly anything resists or merits him using such power, so only one time, unless you count the side story where he is warped to the New World, alone, and way before the time he is sent to in the main series.
Also, again, drop it please.
Oh I see thank you

If you feel so insistent to do it, better do it on your walls. Is way more likely he was already writing his response so he didn't see mine at all.

Just like said before, keep those things spoilers. Even if you think the result is obvious, Muchacho clearly shows you people aren't necessarily gonna reach the same conclusion like you. Is only right to at least respect that and keep things in proper spoiler tags, right?

Is the volume out in Japan already?

Edit: I see it's being translated already.

I assume it's fair to ban unmarked spoilers here, at least until it's finished translating? Even if a certain chapter is already translated, since I'd like to just read it all at once. >_>

Mass Hold Species: Constricts a large number of creatures, rendering them unable to move.

maybe Physical Impediment?

btw, what are the showings of resistance to Physical Impediment?

cause Entoma has it listed on her profile as Limited Intangibility because she phased through a net

but then there's this from the Side Story

Even after being buried by the avalanche, their immunity to movement impediments meant that they had pomfed out of the snow at the same time, where upon they had a good laugh.

Seems more then just Limited Intangibility

in the Side Story. I got more showings actually that I found

"Sand Field— All!"

Sand particles dispersed throughout the surroundings. Although Delta was too far away to reach, Alpha was completely caught in the area. Because it would affect one's comrades too, this spell was useless in a group fight. Any opponent within its area would be immobilized, as well as being blinded, silenced and dazed. On top of that, because of Evileye's trump card, the sand was infused with negative energy that would drain life force. This 5th tier spell was her own creation. It was one of the strongest cards Evileye had up her sleeve. However, Alpha did not slow down, nor did she look like she was hurt at all.

"But how?!"

Was she immune to immobilization and negative energy?

Looks like Resistance to Physical Impediment/Movement Restrictions would also grant resistance to Paralysis, since that's what Evileye's Sand Field All is listed to do

Ainz's passive skill Undead Blessing allowed him to sense all the undead lurking within the compound. Since it was annoying, Ainz disabled the skill in order to ignore the presence of the undead as he walked down the freezing, blue-white passage. People without countermeasures against movement impairment might end up tripping and falling on the completely frozen-over corridor.

here it prevents Ainz from possibly slipping and falling on ice

Shouldn't 'physical impediment' be linked to Paralysis Inducement. The page gives other examples of making the opponent unable to move. After linking it to that page, someone should add more info

Back