• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

afaik they should be planets

granted i doubt they were that big in game, but at least they should be planet sized in lore

how big are those worlds in DnD?

gotta say though, would be something if each world was a universe, but i'm pretty sure they're just planets

gotta wonder how they killed the Devourer of the Nine Worlds, considering he ate planets

5-B Players confirmed

like i said above, in game i heavily doubt they were the size of planets, because tech limitations. However, i wouldn't be surprised if they were planet sized in the lore

unfortunately, i don't think such a detail will ever be given to us

Apparently the Devourer was considered a world-class enemy, and world-class enemies usually required teams of dozens and dozens of players working together to take down, and even then victory wasn't assured. Also, I think that the lore for the power of WCi's matters more than the game itself since almost everything brought to the new world conforms to its lore rather than what it used to be able to do. If Yggdrasil worlds are the sizes of universes in the game's lore, then it's very possible that the WCi's have that level of power now. Unfortunately, we don't have any indication to that yet since there's not any universe-level enemies to test them on.

if we go by your interpretation earlier that they are universes, they're actually 2-C

we all know he's 1-A due to Shub Niggurath though

from the wiki

According to the author Maruyama, once the Overlord Light Novel series is entirely over, he plans to someday release detailed class levels for all characters.

pls let this be true

also, sometimes i wish we could take his tweets at face value

12 volumes + 5 volumes =? ...... Fuufu. If you are wise, you should understand what Maruyama wants to say.

curse you google translate! This tells me nothing!

also because he's a cryptic ************

unless this means exactly what it says, but i don't remember if it was said he was going to end at Volume 16

no matter where it ends, i really hope it's not a rushed job and completely unsatisfying

looking at you, stories who end with "It was just a dream"

Step1: Script Writer Satoshi Oshio draws up the plot and source author Maruyama Kugane checks it.
Oshio chooses which scenes to take from the novel and writes the script for the manga. Then Maruyama checks that and corrects any nuances that are lacking.

Does this mean we can use the manga reliably for feats and such, since Maruyama is involved?

To some extent yes and honestly I feel this is decent support for using the crater in fallen down. Honestly though not sure it changes much, we already use the anime as secondary cannon, I fail to see why we can't do the same with the manga.

Super-Tier spells, the tier above Tier 10, boast such terrifying power that they can vaporize Players at the highest level in an instant.

well damn

I want those detailed class levels pls. I'm really curious what other racial classes Albedo has. she's clearly not an ordinary succubus

All I care about seeing in the future is hax and hax resistance for ainz, all ap will really effect is the rest of the gardians. Ainz on the whole is entirly reliant on his hax and hax resistance, him being upgraded/downgraded in ap will have little to no effect on the people he can fight.

just give him a super tier spell called [Gamma Ray Burst] and a few other 10th tier spells that he didn't want to use against shalltear because they would have been too destructive lol

There was a mention of a goblin king with a stick stomping dragons though. Pretty sure that is World Savior, Maruyama's humour.

The problem with World Savior is that it's lost if you unequip it, which in the New World means that if you drop it then it's probably gone.

Was wondering about it earlier, but World Savior should also give some invincible defense. Even if you could one-shot anyone, one player can't beat a whole guild without being getting sniped by all the long ranged opponents.

I mean, depends how literally they mean it. Could mean they have the power to do it, not that it protects from countermeasures. otherwise there's no reaosn it would need time to grow in power, it'd just chill staring at you meanacingly from far away while becoming stronger and stronger as you can do nothing about it.

Yeah I always got the feeling it wasn't that clear cut, someone could solo nazerick with world savior in theory but practically I suspect it wouldn't really be possible. Which is why ainz and co didn't ever try and create specific counter measures, someone getting through the dungeon without dying once isn't feasible even with a weapon that oneshots everything.

The odds of you getting through all the traps, guardians, and the eighth floor aren't realistic and if you die once you drop the weapon which then disappears... Which is likely why no one tried to use it against ainz and co.

InfiniteSped said:
Was wondering about it earlier, but World Savior should also give some invincible defense. Even if you could one-shot anyone, one player can't beat a whole guild without being getting sniped by all the long ranged opponents.
World Savior seems the definition of Glass Canon. It's both the strongest item, because it seems that it is just boosting your damage output, it isn't concerned about the World Item immunity that Nazarick and the Floor Guardians/Ainz should have, unlike Ouroboros or Longinus. But also it's a single use as one of the Twenty, so it either has a time limit or the user can still be killed normally.

It seems to require specific items or skills, it's never linked to level unlike demis command mantra, and it's never implied high magic resistance will help. so I doubt you can resist with sheer magic resist. Even the demi human in the holy kingdom item was very specifically for negging death magic once a day, And ainz mentions it similarlly to timestop resist iirc basically gets skills or items to neg it or your a garbage player.

Back