• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

it should put her solidly into Class 25 I believe, You could ask Ugarik or some other calc member after saying what Ugarik said, and asking if more than one chain should be enough for Class 25.

Physically yes, clementine relied on her opponents dying in one hit and while she could put spells into her daggers to neg regen it wasn't something she prepared for often, she's heavily reliant on her opponents actually dying when they're stabbed through the eye, go gins regen makes her entire fighting style moot.

Gazef is only human while go gin is a simalar level (possibly slightly higher) his starting stats and stat gains from leveling up were higher. Saying that with razors edge and the kingdoms treasures I see gazef taking it as all he needs to do is fully remove go gins head.

I'm sorry that Go Gin is going to lose in Round 1.

The pen or the sword said:
Shouldn't we give hamsuke some extra notes in her profile for the magic item that offers mind resistance?
In addition, magical beasts were not particularly resistant to mind control. Hence, Ainz lent an item to Hamsuke which made her impervious to mind control, but he was still uneasy that someone might try to manipulate her through means other than magic. --volume 10
Should I add this or?

so uhhh... what was brought up a while ago that the manga can theoretically be used as secondary cannon and as confirmation for the anime fallen down feat

is that going to do anything ?

I don't really remeber what gave overlord tier six but the calc was flawed anyway it assumed shalltears armor was A) made of iron and B) got vaped neither of which are true.

From Volume 3 chapter 2:

The woman's eyes went wide, and her red pupils seemed abnormally large.
In that moment, a fog suddenly clouded Brain's mind, and he felt favorably disposed toward the enemy before him. However, he dispersed the fog with a quick shake of his head.

"...Mystic eyes, huh? My will isn't weak enough to be affected by that sort of thing alone."

Having drawn his sword, Brain's heart was like a sword as well, cleaving effortlessly through regular mind control.''

This is already on Brain's profile, but it should also apply to strong warriors like Gazef, Lakyus and Clementine, right?

Yeah they should scale as they're all genrally similar class builds...Though I wonder if the martial lord would scale? Hamsuke is rather strong and a warrior but is weak to mental effects due to being an animal. Would the martial lord scale in mental resistance or not?

Hamsuke is intelligent enough despite her oddities, so is hard to say about Go Gin. He is mroe serious for sure, and he has cultivated his language and intelligence over the years but... is hard to say.

A Likely could work.

But trolls are demi humans, which adds further complications, hes not a hetomorph or a humaniod rather something inbetween. I think a possibly/likely would work for go gin.

I just realized Ainz's Despair Aura V which causes Instant Death is a skill not a spell.

So RIP any opponent who have high magic resistance but has no instant drath resistance.

We already disregard that though?

Unless the person resists supernatural stuff in general, Instant Death has always been treated as requiring entirely different resistances even in Yggdrassil.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
We already disregard that though?

Unless the person resists supernatural stuff in general, Instant Death has always been treated as requiring entirely different resistances even in Yggdrassil.
What? You disregarded that but you accept the fact that instant death magic can't be cancelled with high magic resistance?

We disregard it because we sorta already treat ainz magic as negging plain magic resistance because it requires its own resistance to deal with instant death in any form according to overlord. His skill not being magic does offer it some interesting properties such as someone negging magic not being safe but his death magic already negs regular magic resist.

I suppose if someone specifically only resisted death magic they'd be unable to deal with his skill but it's such a specific circumstance it has never come up

The pen or the sword said:
We disregard it because we sorta already treat ainz magic as negging plain magic resistance because it requires its own resistance to deal with instant death in any form according to overlord. His skill not being magic does offer it some interesting properties such as someone negging magic not being safe but his death magic already negs regular magic resist.

I suppose if someone specifically only resisted death magic they'd be unable to deal with his skill but it's such a specific circumstance it has never come up
So in short, it's not disregarded but rather anyone with such case where they can resist death magic but is either not immortal or undead has showed up?

Yeah it's such a specific resistance we haven't really had the issue pop up. We can mention it if it ever becomes relevant to a match but its not overly prevalent.

I've been told that an issue with another verse is similar to an issue you guys have had with mid-tier scaling? If so, could anyone help with this so we could get both issues resolved?

oh god ******* damnit

Hamsuke is rather strong and a warrior but is weak to mental effects due to being an animal

Since vol.10 Hamske has an item that give him immune to mental effects

Back