• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

The actual reasoning is the fact that Ainz has literally no reason to abuse his strongest stuff on a normal human the first instant the fight starts, there's literally nothing about Touma for any of Ainz skills to tell him he's dangerous, and they started so close Touma would be able to touch Ainz pretty darn quick unless Ainz teleported, which considering his experiences with New World Humans he's... not really going to do as far as I understand.

Not really? Considering how paranoid he is, I doubt he wouldn't have noticed something up with Imagine Breaker in some manner.

Main problem is, Imagine Breaker is not detectable in any normal way. Someone mentioned mana vision so Ainz could see the black hole that was his arm but... Imagine Breaker doesn't really do that.

Plus, Ainz had more than enough distance to teleport and what not, it's just him not having enough time to decide for such a tactic in character.

As for the paranoia thing, I very much remember another reader saying Ainz Paranoia is blown up a lot, like how he was curious about an enemy that resisted his death stuff, he asked Demiurge if the enemy felt strong, then stood right there and let himself be hit. Or the time he let the Ogre dude hit him without issue. Ainz can be rather light in his worrying if there's nothing to alarm him, which a normal human is likely to fall under.

I could keep arguing, but TBH, I don't really care too much about the match, hence why I didn't bring it up. Anyone can bring it up if they do care though, just do it on the right thread.

I kinda mention it just because I don't agree with it being bull and leaving the reasoning for anyone else that wants to try taking it off.

If they still want to, go right ahead, but reading the whole thing could be helpful.

Seriously though, why is it that people assume Ainz will just sit there and study his opponent instead of, you know, fighting? SBA dictates he is aware this is a fight.

@Jucas

Didn't want to put this in the vs thread removal thread since I don't know if it counts as derailing, but your comment of "Hard to know how Ainz would react to an unknown opponent since he was never forced to fight someone without knowledge." I feel is a little shaky, since I'm pretty sure that was exactly his position when he first encountered the knights in the village

iirc he was stressing over "What if the people in this world are level 200?!"

Hence why he used such a strong spell on a basic looking knight

He also brought his damn Guild Weapon, so clearly he wasn't just going to take such a risk lightly

I'm just trying to get across he wouldn't judge someone by their looks, considering he was ready to bail at normal looking knights

Even if they look like a normal human, in the context of a vs thread, he'll most likely be somewhere not in the New World

and since iirc SBA means they know they're in a battle, which when paired with the fact he's just been randomly teleported to a different world (again), would put him on edge

Should we push to remove Ainz's loss to Touma?

Yes

No

The poll was created at 00:16 on February 5, 2019, and so far 11 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Also, part of the issue was that, and put plainly, which of the spells that Ainz may routinately use in the first moment could even affect Touma? That's the part I never got answered about.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Also, part of the issue was that, and put plainly, which of the spells that Ainz may routinately use in the first moment could even affect Touma? That's the part I never got answered about.
Even if can't affect Touma with a spell he still has high enough Striking Strength to one shot Touma. It would just like happened with Clementine.

Because none of Ainz magic that is death related targets anything specific, but him as a whole. There's someone called Aureolus Izzard in one of the earliest novels, and can make what he thinks reality, killing another character by just saying "Die". Touma touches her as she's falling and revives her, undoing the die command. He also didn't use said command on Touma, or any of his other commands that pretty much just **** the person as a whole and instead opted for something physical that avoided his arm.

@Super Em... Because Ainz will know from the onset that he needs to do that, of course.

All I am saying is to actually check the battle and all the points brought up. It feels dishonest to ask for a removal without giving the arguments on both sides more than a superficial look. If after that you still wanna request it, go right ahead.

Back