• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord. Ability additions to Ainz Ooal Gown profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since in Ainz's profile, in the column "Powers and Abilities", some of the abilities from the column "Notable Attacks / Techniques" are not indicated, I would like to ask the moderators to make appropriate changes.

1) Transformation.

Perfect Warrior: A transformation-type spell that allows Ainz to become a level 100 warrior, converting from his magic caster stats to warrior stats. As a result of the transformation, this spell does come with another cost, where he is unable to use any other magic while he maintains the spell's effects.

2) Transmutation.

Creation: It is a super-tier spell that could change the terrain itself. In YGGDRASIL, it was used to guard against the heat of volcanoes or the cold of freezing lands. According to Ainz's experiment, it had an amazingly large area of effect and could cover the entire 8th Floor inside the Great Tomb of Nazarick.

3) Information Analysis. Information Manipulation.

All Appraisal Magic Item: Using this spell allows one to learn about the effects of an item. Discern enemy: This spell allows the user to identify the enemy's estimated level. False Data: Life: Gives the user the ability to fake his/her HP. Mana Essence: Identifies MP of the target. Magic Glasses: It translates all foreign languages for the user to read and understand with.

4) Morality Manipulation: Charismatic Persuasition. (?)

5) Clairvoyance.

Bless of Titania: A 9th tier spell that summoned forth a tiny fairy. The fairy queen beside him would take them along the least dangerous path. Lead of Yatagarasu: A 9th tier spell that created a three-legged crow. The Yatagarasu guided players along the shortest path to the heart of the dungeon. Arcane Vision/See Invisibility: See Through.

6) Memory Manipulation.

Control Amnesia: 10th-Tier spell. Controls the memory of the target. Because of its astronomically high cost, Ainz can only manipulate memories up to about ten minutes old. However, if he is only viewing them, he can see memories years old. It is more effective the less the target resists.

7) Holy Manipulation. (?)

Fallen Down: Calls down a huge pillar of blue light from the sky that will burn so bright and hot that it will appear like the whole world has turned white. After a few seconds, it will leave behind an area burned to cinder, devoid of life. This spell deals massive damage, especially to undead-type enemies.

1. Ainz does not have supernatural luck, it's blatantly just the author's way of directing the story through misunderstandings and coincidence. You probably took a joke on reddit too seriously.

2. What's your basis for number 4?

3. Ia Shub-Niggurath is already on his profile, if you are claiming that it's reality warping, it's not, just death manip and summoning, Pantheon as well, it's just summoning.

Checked his profile, and he already has reality warping on it regardless.

1. Well, what do you think is the nature of super-luck and how is it denoted in the text? Can you please explain, otherwise we are starting from completely different locations.

I'll take into account that, perhaps, your interpretation has a basis.

2. As the only example I remember well, he inclined Pluton Ainzach to his side trough psihological tricks and pure charisma in vol. 10.

3. My bad. I did not see that it already appears in his profile.

To be honest, I do not know whether the Pantheon can be considered as the holy-based (type) summoning ritual?

Supernatural luck is in the name, it's not extraodinary or simply lucky, it's literally supernatural, such as...being unable to die due to some coincidence that happens everytime you're about to be in danger or literally manipulating the luck of people and yourself.

2. I'm a bit iffy about that, but I guess it fits.

3. Pantheon is summoning, the monsters themselves can be considered to have holy manip, but the spell is a summon.

However, Fallen Down is a holy spell, and can be used to add that ability to his profile.

1. I rechecked the description of the "supernatural luck" and realize that without any doubt it does not belongs to Ainz.

"Being lucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability. "

Shame on me... Thanks for correction anyway.

2. IIRC, Fallen Down definitely falls under the category of Holy Manip. I'll wait a bit more input.

Otherwise, I suppose that the changes that OpMasada agreed with seem reasonable.

Thanks for the recommendations. As soon as I have free time, I will definitely contact the support staff of Overlord to find out their opinion about these changes. In fact, I believe that these are not such significant additions to attract many people to the discussion, but at the same time I do not want to act on my own. It just annoys me that in the Ainz's profile in the column "Powers and Abilities" at the end is marked "much more", when several details could be added here .

Okay. Perhaps OpMasada can make the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back