• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord: Abilities addition to Ainz Ooal Gown profile Pt.2.

Another portion of missed abilities. I would like to place them where they are supposed to be.

1. Resistance to Magic (Self-explanatory)

2,3,4. Resistance to Ice Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation (via Overlord Basic Racial Traits)

5. Resistance to Fire Manipulation (via Standart Equipment)

6,7. Resistance to information Analysis (Ring that protects the user from detection by all kinds of divination-type magic.) and Clairvoyance (Ainz states that he has an anti-scrying offensive barrier activated against divination magic, preventing enemies like the Sunlight Scripture from being observed by their higher-ups. With the barrier in use, he could as well as link another higher-tier attack spell of his own kind like a widened Explosion back to the user of divination magic from where they're located at.)

8. Resistance to Time Manipulation (via powerscaling from composite lvl70+ Player which has time-stop countermeasures by default).

"Was that a surprise? It's nothing special."

Ainz proceeded to explain in such a way as to break Roberdyck's spirit.

"It was almost the same as just now. After casting a silent [Time Stop] I moved over here and cast the same spell I used on that man, [Touch of Undeath]. And then, I just touched her."

The air between them froze into silence. The sound of Roberdyck swallowing was exceptionally loud in comparison,

"…You stopped time…"

"Oh yes. Anti-time stop countermeasures are very important, don't you know? You'll need to have them by the time you hit level 70. Oh well, you're going to die here, so in your case, it's largely academic."

Roberdyck ground his teeth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1. One Hit Kill (with Death Magic)

2. Fear Manipulation (via Despair Aura l-lll).

3. Madness Manipulation (?) (via Despair Aura lV-V).

4. Damage Boost (Ainz could even use an unknown skill to temporarily boost his 1st-tier spells to the equivalent of 10th-tier spells.)

5. Status Effect Inducement (Self-explanatory).

6. Resistance Negation (To Insta-Death magic, or Death Manipulation via TGOALID).

7. Negation (Body of Effulgent Beryl: A 10th tier spell that reduced the effectiveness of bludgeoning attacks against its subject while it was in effect, and it could completely negate one instance of bludgeoning damage after it was cast).

8. BFR (via Black Hole)

However, Ainz would not permit a second attack.

"...Now, it's my turn… know despair. ÒÇîBlack HoleÒÇì!"

A small point appeared on Dominion Authority's shining body. It slowly enlarged into a yawning black void.

The black hole swallowed everything.

It was so underwhelming that it made them stare in dumbfounded silence. It might even be laughable. But they could no longer see it.

As the radiance of Dominion Authority vanished, the light drained from the surroundings.

There was only the sound of the wind blowing across the plains. And then a hoarse cry broke the silence.

9. Stealth Mastery (Perfect Unknowable: Aside from making the user invisible to the naked eye, it can also erased one's traces and sounds including the pitch of the user's voice from being heard, making the magic caster very difficult to detect if they did not have very high-level thief-type job classes.)

10. Extrasensory Perception (including spells such as Detect Magic, Greater Luck, Greater Magic Vision, Paranormal Intuition and others).

11. Preparation (""In the New World, because Ainz doesn't underestimate his opponents and is cautious about it, he tends to plan out the fight before readily engaging them in combat. Ainz would make steady preparations first and tends to take any advantage he can in order to be one step ahead of his opponent. This includes gathering cash items, using his guild members' equipment, or buffing himself up before launching an attack on..."").

12. Can harm Ethereal Beings.

Shalltear sensed the mines and assumed her mist form to evade them as they flew toward her. This skill transmuted the body into mist, and it was quite a flavourful skill for vampires. However, it did not transform the body into the physical phenomenon called mist, but instead phased the body into the astral plane. Thus she could use it to completely avoid attacks in the physical world — the three explosions which resulted.

"Naive!"

After Ainz's shout, he followed up with a ÒÇîMaximize Magic - Astral SmiteÒÇì."

That spell could strike astral entities, and it found its mark on Shalltear's body, whose defense had been somewhat reduced after taking mist form.

Wracked by agony, Shalltear terminated her mist form. She felt her lip split, and something soft and slippery escaped from within.

Erm.

I'm not sure about resistance to fire because iirc he didnt become resistant, but simply covered his weakness.

In the newly released volume, Ainz noted that the fire-based damage from the 9th-tier spell will not harm him.

William Shrekspire said:
In the newly released volume, Ainz noted that the fire-based damage from the 9th-tier spell will not harm him.
Shush.

Dont tell me anything about the new volume. I gotta read it first.

As for black hole...I would suggest staying away from categorizing that as we don't know what it does yet. Everything else seems fine.

OpMasada said:
As for black hole...I would suggest staying away from categorizing that as we don't know what it does yet.
Your words are well-grounded. There is no mood to debate on this topic, otherwise we just go into the NLF zone. Just wanted to indicate a number of missed resistances, which should play an important role in the further debates.

P.S: I'm still waiting for PaChi2's final verdict ovo, there is no privilege to change it on my own.

Your words are well-grounded. There is no mood to debate on this topic, otherwise we just go into the NLF zone. Just wanted to indicate a number of missed resistances, which should play an important role in the further debates.

P.S: I'm still waiting for PaChi2's final verdict ovo, there is no privilege to change it on my own.

It seems okay overall. I dont see anything bad

Howrver: Stealth mastery... hmmm... Im not sure if that's the correct category. might want to leave it aside for now.

William Shrekspire said:
That's because of his OP magic defense and stats, not necessarily because he is resistant to fire.

PaChi2 said:
It seems okay overall. I dont see anything bad
Howrver: Stealth mastery... hmmm... Im not sure if that's the correct category. might want to leave it aside for now.

Okay. Stealth is out. BFR and Fire is likely too, i guess.

I already said that fire is iffy at best. Ainz can become less weaker to fire, but not resistant to it.

It seems that he is always armed with an item that protects from fire damage, iirc. Hmmm, okay if we put aside the fire resistance. How about adding him Pain Inhibition? As an undead, Ainz possess automatic pain suppressors, and also has resistance to it.

His racial trait inhibits any kind of strong emotion.

Resistance to empathic manipulation could be a thing.

Find the quote with the pain thingy and you are golden.

From volume 10.

He advanced, taking the Martial Lord's attacks. The pressure and pain filled him, but he could do this, given the huge difference in their HP. It was fine. In addition, his undead body immediately suppressed his pai, so he could bear agony which the living could not endure. In this way, Ainz touched the Martial Lord's body. Having just finished an attack ― and being under the influence of the fear status from Ainz's aura ― it was quite difficult to evade it. Then, he maintained contact with the Martial Lord's body and circled around to his back. Of course, he was continuously infusing the ability-damaging negative energy through his armor. "Uooooooooh!" This time, it was the Martial Lord who backed away from him, as though rolling along the ground.Ainz was puzzled over whether or not to pursue, but decided to stay still, in case of some hidden move.

Rez to Empathic Manipulation is on the point.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that Ainz's robes grant him immunity to fire, getting rid of one of his weaknesses. Obviously, with other equipment, that weakness resurfaces, but in a normal fight he is immune.

Pretty sure that Ainz can swap between his weaknesses depending om the equipment he is wearing.

I think that the first post seems reasonable.

I think that you can probably add it to the Ainz profile, yes.

Quick question, what should we do with Ainz cold immunity? Because it's as i can see kinda NLF in vs threads, but obviously we never see how he suffer any cold damage in Overlord novel, manga or anime.

I'm agitated in this aspect because of earlier Samus vs Ainz thread.

Immunity is probably a NLF, but resistance is fine.

As far as i know Maruyama based his book on D&D. And there liches immune to cold.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lich.htm

Immunities (Ex)

Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks.

Extraordinary Abilities (Ex)
Extraordinary abilities are nonmagical, though they may break the laws of physics. They are not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training.

These abilities cannot be disrupted in combat, as spells can, and they generally do not provoke attacks of opportunity. Effects or areas that negate or disrupt magic have no effect on extraordinary abilities. They are not subject to dispelling, and they function normally in an antimagic field.

Using an extraordinary ability is usually not an action because most extraordinary abilities automatically happen in a reactive fashion. Those extraordinary abilities that are actions are standard actions unless otherwise noted.

I consider this option as last resort.

And it's looks like i'm should restrain myself from bringing D&D reference (which somehow related to series but ehh...) in Overlord discussion.

Back