• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Outlier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the replies.

If this is accepted, would somebody be willing to rename the following pages to use plural instead (via the redirect link option), and redirect all of the wiki links to them as well, please?

The new titles would be:

Black Holes
Dimensions
Fallacies
Inconsistencies
Outliers

"Hax" should be fine to keep as it is though.

Honestly name change is whatever. No big opinions on it, really. If everyone is fine with it, I'm fine too.

Also, we have advised in the past that if a specific feat is an AP, speed, and range feat; that making something an outlier in terms of AP but accepting the range or speed as consistent is against the rules.
I think there can be specific exceptions to this, if a character is noted or calculated to be running at Rela speeds and punches someone at full speed, but is normally tier 9, that would be an AP antifeat but I think it would be fine to use for tiering speed. So if the outliery part is a secondary product of the feat it should be fine.

I mean, examples are Master Roshi's and Piccolo's Moon busting feats. Some people wanted to accept the Moon level AP and Planetary range, but consider the Relativistic and Relativistic+ speeds parts outliers. I'm not talking about proposing things that conflict with KE rules or Calc Stacking rules, but feats blatantly impressive in a wide variety of stats; speed, AP, and range all of which are very well interpreted properly. The rule is if the feat is an outlier, you throw the entire feat out and if it's not, you use the entire feat to scaling on all stats.

Eh again that depends on cause and effect, if I shoot a beam at the moon I don't see how that isn't a range feat even if the moon being destroyed is deemed an outlier.

Some thing could be said otherwise; blowing up the moon is clearly a moon level feat at bare minimum regardless if the range feat is labeled as an outlier, reaching the moon from the earth is a planetary range feat regardless of whether the destruction of the moon is an outlier. But Promestein for example as well as Matthew Schroeder back when he was an admin still went over feats like that in which many staff members agreed with them. The former was the one who has issues with certain characters having stellar range via a star busting feat despite the AP feat in question being passed as an outlier. And said if the feat in question is an outlier, that it needs to be an outlier in both ways unless they have other consistent stellar range feats.

Some thing could be said otherwise; blowing up the moon is clearly a moon level feat at bare minimum regardless if the range feat is labeled as an outlier, reaching the moon from the earth is a planetary range feat regardless of whether the destruction of the moon is an outlier. But Promestein for example as well as Matthew Schroeder back when he was an admin still went over feats like that in which many staff members agreed with them. The former was the one who has issues with certain characters having stellar range via a star busting feat despite the AP feat in question being passed as an outlier. And said if the feat in question is an outlier, that it needs to be an outlier in both ways unless they have other consistent stellar range feats.
What if for example in Dragon Ball there were no feats apart from these two with similar speeds? Would AP 5-C be considered an outlier? being that in reality it is not because it is consistent with what is shown later.

One feat that might be outlier in one stat but not another is GoW's Helios feat, where it lights up the underworld, giving it a High 3-A Attack Potency which is consistent with other feats and claims and infinite attack speed which I think It is not consistent.

Thank you. I would appreciate if one of our administrators or content moderators would be willing to apply the change in practice though.

Thank you for the replies.

If this is accepted, would somebody be willing to rename the following pages to use plural instead (via the redirect link option), and redirect all of the wiki links to them as well, please?
The new titles would be:

Black Holes
Dimensions
Fallacies
Inconsistencies
Outliers

"Hax" should be fine to keep as it is though.
@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?

Thank you very much for helping out. Please make sure that everything is handled properly, and that you initially use redirect links when you rename the pages.

Thank you very much for helping out. Please make sure that everything is handled properly, and that you initially use redirect links when you rename the pages.
You're welcome. I'm already done with renaming the Inconsistency page and redirecting the links to it though and I didn't initially use redirect links for that. I guess I'll use redirect links for the other pages.

I'm done with the renaming of the pages and the redirecting of the links if I haven't missed anything.

Thank you very much for helping out. I greatly appreciate it.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Thank you for the reply.

I will do so then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back