• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx vs Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Oryx would win this as a 2-B. On top of the stuff mentioned already, his Throne World is hidden even from the Vex and his Acausality has legitimately worked as a barrier to entry style power in verse. Nobody's really argued against him though, and given that upgrades haven't happened yet I don't think we can add this.

On the matter of the Chaos Gods, I'd say he loses as a 2-B and wins as a 2-A.

Sigmar/Fantasy Chaos Gods are arguably 2-A themselves. Also they may be connected to 40k Chaos Gods. I've seen multiple references to it. Also depends on whether he can actually destroy the concepts of Rage and Anger, Change and Fate, Decay and Stasis, Pleasure and Perfection.

Pretty sure they're 2-B because of the word "seemingly" popping up in one of the quotes, kinda like how Oryx was held back from tier 2 for a while due to "cyst".

Them being the exact same beings as the 40k gods is something I personally think is true, but I do not know of any official confirmation of it.

4 for Oryx.

Dont mind me. I know this cant be added right now. Just counting.

He starts at 3 trillion and constantly increasing.

Wokistan said:
He starts at 3 trillion and constantly increasing.
Isn't Arceus just hundreds of millions? Isn't it a stomp then?

Or does he have some sort of hax that can potentially kill/incap Oryx?

Arceus is in the Hundreds of millions * countless parallel worlds * countless dimensions * contless something else, methinks.

Well in the book "Aurelian" where Lorgar goes on his pilgrimage, he encounters the Leader of the Bloodthirsters because Khorne sends him to fight Lorgar. Then Ingethel states "Kharnath has violated the accord. Kharnath has violated the accord. Kharnath has v—"

Kharnath
is Khorne's name in fantasy/sigmar.

Arceus is in the Hundreds of millions * countless parallel worlds * countless dimensions * contless something else, methinks.

"countless" isn't a number though so they are not applicable. It's the same reason we don't give 2-A for such statements.

They do have many names in both of the continuities though. I don't think that on its own would be enough to get rid of the 2-B keys and conclusively say they're the same being, but it could be supportive if there's more stuff. I do remember there being quite a lot which was why this idea came into being in the first place, but none off the top of my head rn.

No they're 2-B because they each have 1/5 in a realm that encompasses an endless void which encompasses 8 realms with each being a multiverse of countless universes.

Wok, do you not feel shame for wrecking Arceus's status as a 2-B even further?

No 2-A. But we do give 2-B for that. And it starts at 1001.

So do the math.

You might want to compile them in another thread. I'd be on board with it since I agree with that idea, but we still gotta find proof

I almost wonder if we shouldn't introduce a "high 2-B" for 1 million+1 and more multiverses and "low 2-A" for "countless, but not expressively infinite" multiverses, considering how often I have seen such a situation come by.

Well you could designate 2-Bs in terms of their AP. That seems really unecessary if you just put how many universes they can destroy on profiles so when people read them they don't make a bad battle.

So now we wait for Wok to upgrade the Oryx boi. Patience.

Overlord775 said:
Arceus can't affect a type 5 acasual, so it's a stomp
As explained above, destroying his Throne World, which is something he ca do, is enough to incap Oryx. Of course, Oryx wont let him do that.

The Throne World itself doesn't have type 5 acausality, but it's shielded by Oryx's acausality, so it basically funcitons the same.

Wasn't the general consensus that Arceus can only win if he completely yeets everything about Oryx very early on in the fight?

Edit: The general concensus was that it's a stomp because of Oryx' Type 5 Acausality.

I noticed that no one mentioned the fact that this is Concept Manip Type 2 vs Concept Manip Type 3 (it's great that the type is now finally displayed properly for Destiny characters).

So yea, Stomp for that and FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back