• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx vs Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me waiting for the inevitable 2-B to 2-A Oryx. Can we assume he has already been upgraded for discussion's sake?

2-B Oryx is only in the trillions of space-time continuums and 2-A Oryx yeets Arceus passively, so this is a stomp no matter what the outcome of the Destiny revision is.

WHYNAUT said:
2-B Oryx is only in the trillions of space-time continuums and 2-A Oryx yeets Arceus passively, so this is a stomp no matter what the outcome of the Destiny revision is.
No. You are simply wrong. If 2-B Oryx can become 2-A over time he can kill Arceus over time. Being "only" in the trillions doesnt matter if you can become eventually infinite.

The becoming 2-A over time is not combat applicable. Yes he's constantly getting stronger, but not to the point he can get to the llama's level before getting utterly stomped.

WHYNAUT said:
In this case it is, because Oryx doesn't have the range to destroy Arceus.
Dood. Im going to stop arguing about this.

But, reaching infinity in a finite amount of time is enough to justify that Oryx can reach any finite amount in a much, much, much shorter period of time. Especially when he already starts out in the trillions. And Arceus cant kill him for good going by his profile.

We have no time frame for how long it woul've taken Oryx to become 2-A. We only know that he eventually would have become 2-A.

The fight would go like this:

Oryx destroys everything of Arceus that he can reach, which is only a small part and Arceus than obliterates him.

I get your point, but we can't just assume that Oryx already is at the same level of 2-B as Arceus as soon as the fight starts.

Okay, but say. Oryx fights an avatar.

Oryx defeats an avatar.

Profit?

Aren't Arceus' avatars portrayed as far weaker than the real one? If they're comparable to the real deal then that would indeed bring Oryx to Arceus' level.

But does Arceus really send avatars in an actual fight?

How likely do you think it is that Arceus just sends Oryx to the Distortion World without using a avatar?

WHYNAUT said:
Aren't Arceus' avatars portrayed as far weaker than the real one? If they're comparable to the real deal then that would indeed bring Oryx to Arceus' level.

But does Arceus really send avatars in an actual fight?
Have you seen fight Arceus without an avatar?

Becoming 2-A might be applicable given the Vex thought he was an imminent threat and how he even gets stronger when he dies.

Shouldn't you wait for me to actually upgrade him though?

PaChi2 said:
This is me waiting for the inevitable 2-B to 2-A Oryx. Can we assume he has already been upgraded for discussion's sake?
^

I mean, I dont mind waiting. I just thought we could discuss it.

Well in that case Arceus is doomed because of his tendency to send avatars. Oryx becomes a lot stronger and gains even more strenght from the avatars and then he kills Arceus.

When has Arcues ever fought when it wasn't PISed like with the movie or because the player is the chosen one so it takes avatar to interact with them, like the Core Series and Conquest. The only other times is Giratina's sealing, which I doubted it used an avatar to seal Giratina's true form, the Hoopa movie where it was a literal Deus ex Machina that didn't interact with anyone, and the manga where everything is a test to see if human deserves to live and thus he needs to interact with them.

Oryx: 1

Arceus: 0

Also Im planning on putting Oryx vs Tzeentch for thematic purposes.

The overview is a 2-B with a lot of hax against a 2-B that becomes 2-A with more potent hax.

If this is just a discussion the board should be general discussion I believe.

I believe we could debate here and if the 2-B upgrade goes through, the, we can add this to the profiles.

The only time Arceus has fought properly without PIS or as a test, was against Giratina and it just BFRed them and I doubt it used avatar to BFR Giratina's true form.

Everything12 said:
The only time Arceus has fought properly without PIS or as a test, was against Giratina and it just BFRed them and I doubt it used avatar to BFR Giratina's true form.
How can you consider that a fight when Giratina is an aspect of Arceus?

That's the only thing Arceus has ever done that can be considered a proper fight.

Everything12 said:
Oryx resists BFR though. And even if the BFR does work, that doesn't stop Oryx from becoming 2-A and then slapping Arveus.

@PaChi

Fair enough. Oryx's sister, Savathun, will also be getting a profile and she's a real schemer, but Oryx vs Tzeench should work too.

So what happens is Arceus BFR's to the Distortion World like Giratina, Oynx grows till his range and power is enough to escape, the Arecus noticing this would then see BFR is pointless, what would Arceus next choice be?

Huh? I see people saying that Oryx starts in the trillions. Why then do other people say that Arceus, who as I recall only has the existence range of hundreds of millions, is supposedly "out of range" for Oryx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back