• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx Has no Fair Matches in 4-B? Time to Look Elsewhere (Ban Midou vs Oryx, The Taken King)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm maybe when i make a profile for Lucifer he could be a good match. Lucifer is basically a normal human but he has Divine Desig cards to use which have low 2-C potency. But untill that happens, can someone close this?

Oryx sorta may have 2-A range, though. Has his thing defended him from like 8 passives at once before?

Probably, but Ban's profile seems to lack resistance to some of Oryx's passives. Idk how that interacts with his own. Weird match.

Wokistan said:
Oryx sorta may have 2-A range, though. Has his thing defended him from like 8 passives at once before?
He'd need potency. And the number is useless if what's being used is weaker than anything he can do.

If ban's passive law works by stopping things from happening, it's not necessarily gonna work right on something that already is happening. Oryx is also not really bound by causality, so has Ban ever interacted with someone like that?

You can just put something like "resists the abilities of the archiver" into his file, I did that for oryx resisting his kids and warpriest.

Wokistan said:
You can just put something like "resists the abilities of the archiver" into his file, I did that for oryx resisting his kids and warpriest.
Well i did do that, but ppl are saying that it's a bit confusing like that, so i'll just put them all when i have the time.

Ban can probably find the Oversoul.

Ban just jagans him, but then again his law is a win cond as it says "ban will win". Then Ban just logics him outta existence, says sth along the lines of you die, then you don't regen from your over soul cus i say so. Or just bfrs him into the archiver.

Though i wonder if Kharn vs Akabane would be fair. Akabane's sword has dura neg. So it'll be fun. Does khorne null imortalities? And i'll need to restrict type 8 for both.

Firephoenixearl said:
Though i wonder if Kharn vs Akabane would be fair. Akabane's sword has dura neg. So it'll be fun. Does khorne null imortalities? And i'll need to restrict type 8 for both.
Kharn's axe can just soul suck, which worked even on greater demons, so he would be able to bypass his immortalities

Also Kharn's type 8 is not combact appliable

Overlord775 said:
Kharn's axe can just soul suck, which worked even on greater demons, so he would be able to bypass his immortalities

Also Kharn's type 8 is not combact appliable
That won't bypass akabane's immortality. If i don't restrict his type 8/9 Akabane stomps.

That's good to know.

Firephoenixearl said:
That won't bypass akabane's immortality. If i don't restrict his type 8/9 Akabane stomps.
Greater daemons have type 8 based on their Chaos God and type 9 dependent on their true self in the warp

Gorechild bypasses both

Gorechild can permanently kill a Greater Daemon, who in its truest form is an abstract concept that can't really be stopped so long as it's Chaos God wants it to exist. They can do all the things you're suggesting and more, and yet Gorechild has consumed them for good. Khorne would probably just outright negate something that somehow survived anyways.

Yeah but the akabane you usually fight is just a clone, an information clone from the real akabane. He can make as many as he wants.

And material daemons are just projections from the true form in the warp. Doesn't stop Kharn from killing the true form by killing the material one.

Dude if all else fails khorne can just be like "This is stupid go actually fight him". Regardless, this is the wrong thread for that.

I'm still curious about how Oryx's acausality factors in, though. He doesn't operate on normal cause and effect, and non paracausals can't really meaningfully effect his ascendant state.

Wokistan said:
I'm still curious about how Oryx's acausality factors in, though. He doesn't operate on normal cause and effect, and non paracausals can't really meaningfully effect his ascendant state.
Ban's logic has nothing to do with the flow of time and as such it's completely unaffected. Same for his Law. And even if he does fate hax with his Jagan, he still has affected Akabane who is acasual type 4 before, so it's not gonna amount to much really.

Ok, so now there's just one more thing left to cover. Oryx's mindhax is sorta weird. It can bypass regular resistance by stripping away negative emotions like fear, anxiety, and inhibitions, in essence making you serve Oryx of your own volition. He can do it aggressively as well, but that's not always needed.

Well it's nothing a god creator can't do, so no. Ban's mind hax resistance is basically cus no matter what the archiver couldn't do anything to him....and the archiver predates causality and was going to unite the will of all mankind (from all the universes) and create a colletctive will. Then again oryx's mind manip is just a form of empathetic manip anyway.

And to top it off Ban's law still says "nah that ain't happening".

Again, the law seems to prevent stuff from happening but i'm not seeing anything preventing stuff that's already happened.

Oh yeah, forgot one more thing. Oryx's type 6, which happens if he is somehow killed and the killer tries to take his power.

No the law is basically an on crack version of The Hero, where no matter what the outcome will be that "Oryx will lose and Ban will win". No matter what hax you try, as long as this law states that ban will win, it's all for naught.

Ban possesses no power stealing, but then again law.

That's the thing about Ban, unless you somehow overpower or resist his law there are literally 0 ways to win.

Lol the way the profile explains it makes it sound like he just self confidences his way through everything

What a Chad, so confident in himself that reality bends to his whims

Anyways yeah I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back