• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Dragon level threats downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama just kind of ignores gravity on a whim tho? Even though he can't fly we see in many fights that he can just push himself through the air to dodge enemies.

To my understanding it isn't that, but a misuse of Saitama's speed. The original calc assumed he kept a constant foreward speed of 400+ m/s. But as Damage pointed out by the time the bullet was actually launched at Saitama, he had already stopped his foreward movement and was beginning to fall.

Or in otherwords, the above calc assumes that since Saitama began to fall he no longer had his inital speed. The old calc assumes he kept this inital speed the entire time.

I'm not exactly sure what prompted the alteration in density - why is copper a more reasonable assumption than steel? They aren't real bullets or even human-made, and if they're travelling at 6333 or 12380 m/s, they're far faster than any real life military projectile, and these are VASTLY bigger than the largest weapon projectiles ever made (which also used denser projectiles - see the Schwerer-Gustav gun and its chrome-nickel steel AP projectiles.)

Just swapping out the densities makes the difference between a recalc at City Level vs Mountain Level (assuming 116 bullets.)

Chaingunfighter1 said:
Just swapping out the densities makes the difference between a recalc at City Level vs Mountain Level (assuming 116 bullets.)
Steel Density = 8050 m/3 at best

Cooper Density = 8940 m/3

The result will be lower than the current, there is no Mountain level result. I can edit this tho.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saitama just kind of ignores gravity on a whim tho? Even though he can't fly we see in many fights that he can just push himself through the air to dodge enemies.
That'd actually support the other's arguments, wouldn't it?

Tetsucabrah said:
is there some way you can calc the cadres surviving the base flip?
If you could there'd be some midigating factors

• They couldn't scale to the earthquake but the KE of the base lift
  • They're super small compared to the entire thing, so the reduced surface area may only lead to tier 9 results.

The Causality said:
Chaingunfighter1 said:
Steel Density = 8050 m/3 at best
Cooper Density = 8940 m/3

The result will be lower than the current, there is no Mountain level result. I can edit this tho.
They don't use regular old steel. They use much more dense materials, like tungsten carbide (15.3 g/cm3) or depleted uranium (19.1 g/cm3)

And given that the projectiles don't appear to contain any explosive charge, but are instead kinetic weapons used for bombardment, it seems more sensible that a denser projectile would be used. This is precisely because materials like steel and copper are ineffective at high velocities, and those are much lower than these.

Now that I read the previous calc, I'm not sure where it got its density calculation from, since it ended up being one factor higher than yours, but it'd still be wrong. It should be re-evaluated with some more dense materials that are more common in kinetic weapons.

Yeah the old calc got it's mass wrong, but it was readjusted in a bottom edit.

Well, I ran the numbers on my end just for the hell of it, and it actually looks like the previous calc used too large a value for its density, which was unstated. Using even the densest known real-world materials, it only manages to reach Mountain Level at the very end of the peak:

Depleted Uranium (19.1 g/cm3): 3.84+E17 (City Level)

Osmium (22.56 g/cm3): 4.54+E17 (Mountain Level)

You need a material that's about 900 g/cm3 in density to get an output that would put the calc back into Island Level (got 1.81+E19 using a hypothetical 900 g/cm3 metal.) Now there's no way to know what the bullets were made of - for all we know, they could be out of some hyper-strong artificial metal like the ship itself. But that's well outside the confines for reasonable assumptions, and Tatsumaki's most recent feats don't really make this recalc downgrade anyone.

So, density wasn't too important after all.

Is there a problem with Boros's Ship ? Is it being downgraded, too ? BTW, FF should have the key " likely higher due to SRPM and Half monster garou, is it okay ? If not I will downgraded him agai

Psykos' second key and Boros' ship relies on the calc. So their tier is dependent on the result.

Lord Boros is 7-A+ scaling from characters that got downgraded to low 7-B, maybe people forgot to edit his profile.

Also, would Boros's Ship's durability be adjusted since Tatsumaki was able to damage it with supposedly city lvl-island lvl attacks?

Nah, Boros is 7-A+ for scaling to Gery who remained uneffected by all of this.

@ByAsura

It looks like the ship was damaged. And in this scan there is some visible damage on the edges of the explosions. I dunno if this scan is useful but there is visible damage on the ship, and the damage looks like it was done by Tatsukamki, judging from the shape, I would bet on the bullets from the ship.

With this attack she took out the turrents . These are just city blockes.

Genos seeing how she can damage the ship.

You can't say she didn't damage it when everything leans to the fact that she did. First,scans prove that there was indeed damage, second, Genos wouldn't have said what he said if she didn't damage it.

Instead of assuming 116 bullets, why don't we use the number of bullets visible on this page when they're actually fired?

It was decided last thread to do it: 37 for Tornado, 116 for the full barrage.

Unless we're changing it she doesn't stop the ship's entire salvo.

Okay. If it was decided earlier, I don't have any objections.

Tatsumaki's speed justification needs updating to remove the old calc.

Does it? It's always just been scaling to Mob hasn't it?

I didn't say the rating needed changing. It's the justification that needs changing.

Ah. Then yeah. Tornado needs her justification edited and Psykos gets a higher rating instead of a 6-C in her second key.

Slacjow said:
@ByAsura
It looks like the ship was damaged. And in this scan there is some visible damage on the edges of the explosions. I dunno if this scan is useful but there is visible damage on the ship, and the damage looks like it was done by Tatsukamki, judging from the shape, I would bet on the bullets from the ship.

With this attack she took out the turrents . These are just city blockes.

Genos seeing how she can damage the ship.
We see the underside of the ship, aft and dorsal sections later, and they're practically untouched aside from the cannons. And no, this was done by Boros punching Saitama.

No, the city blocks were the attacks she was using to try destroy the ship. It was the repelled bullets that took out the turrets.

Simple, Genos is wrong and is only making an assumption. Later, he also thinks Saitama was the one who caused the ship to explode.

We see the underside of the ship, aft and dorsal sections later, and they're practically untouched aside from the cannons. And no, this was done by Boros punching Saitama.

First picture is non canon, it was retconned in the next chapter, other pictures don't tell us anything, they show us only a tiny portion of the ship and you can even hardly see anything there.

Simple, Genos is wrong and is only making an assumption.

Oh, wait, so Genos sees Tats throwing bullets and buildings literally with his eyes and he is wrong?So, you are telling me that after Genos saw that she did no damage to the ship he said "Oh wow she can handle it herself".Do you even believe yourself?This is a silly argument.

Later, he also thinks Saitama was the one who caused the ship to explode.

And?How is this debunking the fact that Tats damaged the ship and Genos noted it?

You are trying too hard to defend OPM here,I linked scans that show the ship with bullet holes in it,I don't care what you think and it doesn't matter, scans prove that she damaged it.Oh, by the way I am not proposing the AP upgrade for Tats, on the contrary I don't believe Boros's ship has High 6-A durability, seeing how his bullets were able to damage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back