• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Dragon level threats downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned it here:

Damage3245 said:
There is a pretty big problem with the original calc for the bullet speed anyway; it assumes that Saitama was jumping at 497.88 m/s when the bullet went past him, when clearly his trajectory was altered midway through his leap as he avoided the bullet on-panel here. So that calced figure can't be used to find out the bullet's speed, and therefore its kinetic energy.

Saitama can't fly, so would moving out of the way while falling alter his speed?

I see I see

The solution i can see is to calc the speed needed for the bullet to make saitama avoid it despite his speed (497.88 m/s), basically, we should calc the time necessary for saitama to avoid the bullet with his jumping speed for that we need:

• The Diameter of the bullet to have a reference of the "distance" needed for saitama to avoid the bullet at 497 m/s to have a Timeframe
  • The distance Saitama - Bullet from this panel
As we know that the jumping speed was not enough to avoid the bullet (since Saitama needed to avoid the bullet despite his speed (497.88 m/s) we should try someting like that, What do you think?

@ByAsura; Yes, any alteration means that the previously calced speed is invalid for applying in a later calculation to get the bullet's speed.

@The Causality; I don't think so; if Saitama was at the zenith of his jump when he noticed the bullet heading towards him then he wouldn't he travelling at 497.88 m/s.

Damage3245 said:
@The Causality; I don't think so; if Saitama was at the zenith of his jump when he noticed the bullet heading towards him then he wouldn't he travelling at 497.88 m/s.
Why? we assumed that his speed was altered by the bullet and this speed was 497.88 m/s and btw couldn't be assumed for the bullet speed for another panel for this reason, so why now we no longer could for the first bullet that forced im to avoid it?

Ah, that make sense now.

So the alternative i can see is to calc the speed of the bullet with this panel since he dissapeared to the horizon in an instant

We should assume 1 px (since we could no longer see him) so basically:

• Bullet= 13.85 meters = 1px
  • Panel = 993px
  • A = 2ATan(tan(70/2)*(1/993) = 0.08┬░
And for the Timeframe, i don't have any objection to use 1 second for the feat.

Or Using PE since it involve stuff with masses that are maintained above the ground

So in this case we don't use Saitama's altitude to find the horizon?

Matthew Schroeder said:
So given most people in this and the other thread agree with upgrading Psykos, can we do it?
I personally don't mind.

Would it be acceptable to upgrade most of the cadres by scaling from Gouketsu as well?

• Scaling Psykos to 6-C is seemingly incorrect, since the speed of the current calc is wrong. If the proposed above speed is correct the bullet lift becomes 7-B which would mean she keeps her current rating with adjusted reasonings.
  • No one besides Matt agrees to scale all the Executives to Goketsu. So no, not at the moment.

@Qawsedf

1) Okay. No problem.

2) I didn't say "all", I said "some". Stating that Gouketsu outclasses all other cadres seems inappropriate.

Schnee One said:
We should preferably get the calc in a blog and evaluated
Yes. Feel free to message several calc group members directly afterwards, so we can get this done before April 15.

Dante Demon Killah said:
something like this:
At least Small City level+ (Able to pin down, harm and prevent Garou from moving before he adapted to her telekinesis, should be above other Dragon level threats) | City level (Said that her Gyoro Gyoro form doesn't even begin to compare to her now), Island level after drinking the elixir (Made Tatsumaki use more power against her then when she stopped Boros' Ship Missiles)
Since you are fine with this, mind if the profile is update until we get a recalc anyways.

@Matthew Schroeder; fully agreed. The point of me linking the anime clip was to better explain what I meant when I was talking about the scene in the manga.

So, Do i need to remake the calc in a blog? or someone want to do it? and do you're fine with the speed method from above @Damage?

Yes, if you could remake the calc in a blog that would be best.

Also, please inform us here when the calc group has evaluated it, so we can get this done quicker.

Huh... I guess the new calc makes more sense given the context and purpose of the bullets.

116 seems to make the most sense and be the most accepted result.

The Causality said:
Well, the calc has been accepted, the problem is how many bullets we should use now.
Going by the previous thread

• Tornado scales to stopping 37 bullet since that was all she was shown to stop
  • The ship scales to a single bullet and the entire barrage

I get Mob but I don't get Phoniex Man since they never interacted.

As for Psykos

• At least Low 7-B+ (Current reasons) | 7-B (Stronger than Gyoro-Gyoro), higher with elixir (Forced Tornado to use more effort than she did stopping Boros' bullets) | 6-C, possibly Low 6-B+ (Fused with Orochi and is superior to both incarnarion). And when she gets feats next chapter -> Low 6-B+ (Harmed Tornado)

I don't see the point of Orochi's 6C really, do we not fully think he's comparable to Tornado?

Orochi's Low 6-B+ is based on GS not directly with Tornado and GS' scaling comes from an admittedly vague ONE quote. Its not that I think he couldn't fight Tornado, but at the moment the evidence just isn't there.

From what I understand, the original used Saitama's falling speed for the timeframe, but that doesn't work because he changed his velocity while shifting out the way of the bullet. The new one uses an assumed timeframe of 1 second and the distance to the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back